Finally Found

Shadows In His Heart

"He still hasn't talked to me, it's been 4 days and I haven't even seen him" Hyorin said quietly as she looked over at Yesung.

"Maybe he's busy" He murmured, not really liking the topic of conversation.

"I think he's really mad that I screwed up. I just couldn't do it! That man, when he looked at me, I couldn't pull the trigger!" Hyorin explained.

"That's ok Hyorin, there's nothing wrong with having a conscience" Yesung said softly.

"There is to Jaejoong. I just never imagined he'd be this angry. He hasn't even come to our usual training sessions. Ugh, is it really that wrong to not be able to kill someone? Why did he even bring up my mother to begin with! That was just a low blow" She muttered angrily.

"Shouldn't you be happy that he's finally leaving you alone? Don't you think it's kind of weird that you keep bringing him up?" He asked, studying her reaction.

"Weird? Weird how? I mean I spend every day in this building there aren't really that many topics of conversation for me to have, of course Jaejoong is going to be one of them. I usually spend most of my time with him in some way" Hyorin answered truthfully, trying to figure out just what Yesung was trying to get at.

"Well since you spend all your time in this building, do you think... that you might be... you know, developing feelings for him?" He asked her a bit uncomfortably, not sure he was going to like the answer.

"Feelings? Ha, like romantic feelings?! You're kidding right?" Hyorin asked, noticing the look of seriousness on his face, "To be honest, I've had one boyfriend before and that was back in middle school so I'm really not an expert on love, but I'm positive I have no just feelings for him. That's weird! Jaejoong is just... he's so... no, it's impossible"

"Are you sure?" He asked her.

"Of course I am!" Hyorin said with a laugh, "What are you, jealous? Do you like me Yesung?" She joked.

"What if I do?" Yesung responded.

Hyorin sat still, her laughter quickly fading away. She sat in front of him, waiting for him to laugh it off just like before. This was their usual joke so why was the tone of his voice so different from before?

"... I'm kidding" He said suddenly, once again he took back the words he meant to say to her. It was just that seeing her get so uncomfortable and nervous took away all his courage. Besides, it wasn't like he had any competition right?

"Oh. Ha, you had me going there for a while" She said with relief, "Hey, I actually have to go now and see if I can find him. I'll see you later ok?" She said quickly standing up and heading to the door.

Hyorin walked, distracted by the thoughts running through her head. Had she just imagined it or did it seem like Yesung was serious? She had never really thought of Yesung in that way before. Usually she like that and he would laugh it off, but tonight the atmosphere seemed different. She wouldn't mind dating him though he was really nice, but dating someone in the situation she was in? She shook her head, he must have been joking, after all when it came down to it, he was more like a brother to her anyways.

She let out a deep breath when she got to his room. How was it that even his door looked intimidating. It was as if his whole room emitted the same vibe as Jaejoong, something fearful and unapproachable. She raised her hand to knock and stopped short. She couldn't do it. Hyorin sighed deeply as she put her arm down and stared at his door.

"What are you doing?" Jaejoong asked from behind her, startling her as she turned suddenly to find him there.

"I'm uh... I wanted to talk to you" She explained, noticing the plastic bag in his hands.

"About what?" He asked as he moved past her and unlocked his room door walking in and leaving the door open for her.

Hyorin hesitated before she walked in. His room was bare she noticed. There was a small table off to the side with two simple chairs. The walls were bare, only a pair of black bed sheets on his bed. If she had walked in without knowing he lived here she might have sworn no one had ever lived here to begin with.

"What did you want?" He asked once again as he took a seat on one of the chairs and took out the alcohol that he must have gone out to buy. Now that she noticed it, she noticed the bottles peering out from the trash bin.

"Well?" He asked a bit impatiently this time around, opening the bottle and taking a long swig.

"I was just wondering why we haven't trained in a while" She asked him.

"Why? Couldn't find anything else to do with your little friend Yesung? Shut the door too will you?" Jaejoong ordered, keeping his eyes fixated on the bottle in front of him. How was he supposed to tell her he didn't want to see her?

"What?" Hyorin asked him as she shut the door, "That has nothing to do with anything. Look I was just wondering why we haven't trained in a while. If you have a problem with me then you should just let me know instead of avoiding me!"

"Really? Ok then yes I have a big problem with you alright?! Now please just get out!" Jaejoong snapped at her.

"... Why? Why do you have a problem with me? What did I do?! Is this just because I wouldn't kill that man! Give me a break it was my first time and I was scared!" She admitted angrily, unable to understand why he was like this to her all of the sudden.

"Whatever yes it's about that, now get the hell out!" He yelled as he slammed the liquor bottle down on the table, "You'll have someone else training you, I'm requesting for a change in personnel so don't bother me anymore"

"What?" Hyorin asked in shock. He was leaving her? Jaejoong didn't answer as he waited for her to leave, "You can't do that! Do you know how long it took me to get used to you?! To get to know when you were pissed or when I was doing well?! You can't do that!" She yelled.

"Well that's not your choice now is it?" He said as he continued to look into his bottle, he knew what he'd see if he looked up and he wouldn't do it.

"Like hell it's not my choice! And why won't you just look at me!?" Hyorin said as she walked over to him and knocked that stupid bottle out of his hands.

Jaejoong stood up angrily, knocking his chair back in the process and grabbed her elbow roughly as he lead her to the door, ignoring the look of hurt on her face.

"Does it even matter if it's me training you or not?! Either way you'll be getting trained" He insisted as he tried to pulled her away, surprised when they almost reached the door and she broke free.

"It does matter!" Hyorin insisted taking her arm back and glaring at him angrily.

"Why?!" He asked her finally looking into her eyes, filled with a hurt that shouldn't be there.

"I don't know ok but I know it does! Maybe because in some weird way I trust you to keep me alive no matter what. So I'm sorry I couldn't kill that man and I'm sorry I'm at this assassin thing, but you can't walk away like that!" Hyorin insisted, "The other people here are scary! What if they kill me because I get on their nerves too much?!"

"I kill people for a living and you trust me?! Does that even make sense?" He asked her shoving her into the wall, trying to make her see her mistake.

"It does make sense! Because you... you wouldn't kill me" Hyorin said confidently, unsure of when she come to that conclusion.

Jaejoong froze as he looked into her eyes searching for some sort of fear or doubt and instead finding it filled with trust and security in that one sentence she had just said. Trust that he hadn't seen directed at him since that woman so long ago. Trust that he didn't deserve because he knew the type of look that would be on her face once she found out the truth. She would hate him with every fiber of her being.

"Do you ever really stop and think!? I don't know what kind of weird friendship bond you think we have, but get it through your head this is all a job!" Jaejoong yelled.

"You're such an you know?" Hyorin whispered, the fight suddenly leaving her. He was right after all why was she even fighting his decision? This was his choice and she didn't care.

"I know" He said as he stepped closer.

"I don't care if you leave, so don't get me wrong I'm not delusional. You're right someone else will train me and I'll grow comfortable with him too. After all, you're nothing to me anyways" Hyorin said softly.

"Good" Jaejoong whispered as he bent his head to her.

The look in his eyes was mesmerizing she realized as her surroundings suddenly faded away.

She stared in surprise as he suddenly grabbed her by the back of the neck and his lips grazed hers, sending a shock through her body. Hyorin would have pushed him off, had her body not frozen in his hold. Her mind was spinning and her heart was hammering in her chest as she felt his breath combine with hers and fought the bizarre urge to close that microscopic distance between them. He kissed her then, something rough and urgent. His body closed that distance and pressed up against hers as her lips began to respond almost as if on instinct and she kissed him back, her hands hesitantly clutching the front of his shirt.

"Get out" He said hoarsely as he pulled back quickly, his breath heavy.

She stared at him for a second longer before she practically ran out of there, slamming the door shut on her way out, the need to get far away from him the only thing in her mind. She got all the way to her room before she stood still and allowed herself to really think about what was going on. Her hand shakily went to her lips and she shuddered. Had she just imagined all this? What the hell had just happened? Her heart shouldn't be trying to burst out from her chest like this. Jaejoong was dangerous, he was a killer, he was... supposed to be no one. It had to be a mistake. He had clearly been drinking, it was nothing more than that he had just been drunk. And with that thought on her mind she calmed herself and was a bit thankful that he was passing her off to someone else. This way, nothing like this would ever happen again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choi Seung Hyun walked hurriedly. Ji Yong had called him urgently supposedly with big news. His whole body ached, he hadn't slept in 36 hours since the robbery/murder case that had just come up. Normally, it would have just been handle by the Seoul police, but they had called the NIS in when that man's mark had been found in the safe where the money used to be kept. Right away that had elevated the case amongst one of the most important and all man power had been dispatched to the crime scene in an attempt to finally find something to tie the crime to the elusive Kim Jaejoong or the people he worked for.

Usually a case involving that guy would be handled more quietly and slowly, since everyone knew the man didn't leave behind evidence except that damn mark of his, but this time it was different. The whole crime had been carried out a bit sloppily and it quickly caught Seung Hyun's attention. Even the assassination was a bit messy, why did he kill the man in the study? Something just seemed off.

"Seung Hyun! Hurry up!" Ji Yong yelled as he waved his friend over, a manila envelope in his hands.

"What is it?" Seung Hyun asked as he closed the door behind them and to

ok a seat in his office.

"Ok so at the crime scene we investigated the gun we found on the study floor even though it wasn't used for any of the murders and we didn't expect to get any results, but you'll never guess who's fingerprints we got from it!" He said excitedly.

"Jaejoong's?! Tell me we finally have something on that slimy bastard" Seung Hyun said as he reached for the envelope.

"No, Kang Hyorin's fingerprints. We finally found her! She's alive Seung Hyun! She's alive!" Ji Yong said happily as he watched Seung Hyun's face.

Seung Hyun looked down the page identifying the match. When she had first gone missing, when he couldn't find her even after he promised her he would, he had inputted her fingerprints into the database just in case anything popped up. He was beginning to lose hope that the girl he had sworn to save was still alive , but now this pops up. He wondered just how much she must be suffering and he promised to himself once again that no matter what it took, no matter who he had to kill, he was going to save her.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'll try to update soon, but I'm going to go on a little vacation to an indoor water park! wheee! Hahaha sadly, the weather wants to disagree since now there might be a freaking snow storm =___= so depending on what happens I'll post an update! Plus, I also have to actually devote some time to my other fic that I've been neglecting for this one XD oops...

Thanks for reading! ^-^