Misunderstandings

The Little Things (Oneshots)

 

You run as fast as you can down the crowded sidewalk. People mill about in the sprinkling rain and dodge you as you speed past. You can’t afford to slow down; you have to catch up, or else you’ll lose the thing you love the most.

“How many times do I have to say I’m sorry? It really isn’t what you think!” Your voice is broken as you run after Junhyung. He hurriedly walks away from you as you pump your arms, almost slipping on the slick concrete. “Junhyung!”

You catch up to him and grab his jacket sleeve. He freezes and you try to plead with him again. “Junhyung. Listen to me, please.” A thousand emotions pass over his face and he brushes your hand away from his sleeve. “What could you possibly have to say after what I just saw in there?”

You’re crying, though you’re not sure why. You truly did nothing wrong. Your cousin had been visiting and staying over at your house. Junhyung had walked in on you two hugging closely and immediately assumed the worst. He had slammed the door and run off into the rainy night, bringing you two to where you were standing at the moment.

“Junhyung, I swear nothing happened.” He narrows his eyes at you with disbelief think in his expression. “Do you really think I would cheat on you? I would never ever hurt you like that. I love you!” His expression softens a bit. “Who is he?”

You laugh a little, the sound tinged with bitterness. “He’s my cousin.” His expression looks shocked and he groans. “You’re cousin?” You nod and he pulls you aside out of the rain. The faint light from a bakery shines onto the pair of you as he holds his head in his hands.

“God, I’m an idiot.” You sigh lightly and nod. “Yes, yes you are. Why didn’t you let me explain?” He shakes his head slightly. “I don’t know…I panicked. I was jealous. Really jealous. I couldn’t imagine losing you and the idea was just too much to bear.” You brush a hand over his cheek and he smiles at you meekly. You’ve never seen him this vulnerable before.

“I would never do that to you. You mean so much to me Junhyung. You need to understand that.” He nods slowly against your hand. You smile at him and he hugs you, holding you close to him for several minutes. His brings his lips close to meet yours and you taste the apology in his kiss. You stay like that for what seems like an eternity until you’re both interrupted.

“Yah, get a room kids!” The angry baker waves his hand at the pair of you. “Scaring away my customers…” he grumbles as he lets the door slam behind him. “Someone’s angry,” you murmur and Junhyung laughs.

“Come on; let’s go before we catch a cold. Maybe you can properly introduce me to your cousin this time. I promise I won’t flip out on him; I’ll be on my best behavior.” You giggle softly and take his hand. “You’d better be or I’m kicking you out. You can sleep in the rain.” He pouts and you ruffle his hair before tugging him along behind you.

He drapes his coat over your shoulders and you lean against him as you walk, intertwined and content for the first time in a long time. When you reach the door to your apartment, you stop Junhyung. You slap him lightly upside the head and he gapes at you. “What was that for?”

“What was for not trusting me,” you say, grinning, before you peck him on the lips. “And that was for recognizing the fact that you’re an idiot.” He sighs and rolls his eyes but returns your grin. “I guess I deserved that.” You place your hand on the doorknob. “Best behavior, okay?” Junhyung smirks and nods as you open the door.

“I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Junhyung.”