Chapter 6

Wait For Me

That night, Jimin couldn’t sleep. The scene that occurred this afternoon still playing in his mind. ‘How could he forget about the promise. He looks so happy with his girlfriend. I don’t want to destroy their relationship but I am hurt. What should I do?’ Jimin thought. Tears started to fall from his eyes. He realized it but he did nothing to it. “How people can’t notice they are crying?” Jimin asked to himself. Honestly, Jimin always noticed when tears started to pool in his eyes. Just how people in many stories can’t notice?

He shaked his head and wiped the tears. He sighed. He waited for Yoongi for years. Giving up college so that he can welcome Yoongi when he come back here. But it was useless. Yoongi found his replacement. He got his dream job and love. While Jimin stuck in the town hoping for Yoongi to keep his promise. Promises are like piecrust, made to be broken.

‘No, I can’t believe in that. Sure, it is a popular quote but that doesn’t mean it is right.’ Jimin thought. He fell asleep that night, thinking about how should he talk to Yoongi about the promise they have made 7 years ago.

 

Morning came. A ray of sunshine glistening through Jimin's face as he woke up. He yawned while closing his mouth with his right palm and did some cute stretching. He then looked at the clock and it showed 7 a.m. He still have about an hour and half to get ready and make breakfast for him and his mother. After he finished shower, he dried his body with a towel. He wore his printed ‘HAPPY’ yellow shirt and a pair of jean and went to kitchen to make breakfast.

He made pancakes and served coffee for his mother. After finished eating, he went to his workplace. He had to go through Yoongi’s house in order to go to his workplace and unfortunately, Yoongi was outside. ‘ He woke up already? But it’s only 8:30 in the morning. He usually still sleeping.’ Jimin said in his mind.

“Hey Jimin. You’re up early.” Yoongi said.

“Hye. I have work today, that’s why. You also know that I am a morning person, hyung. Have you forget?” ‘Like you forgot our promise too?’

“Ah, I forgot. Where do you work?” He asked.

“At the music store run by Mr.Jeon. LaTiDo Music shop.”

“You work there? Don’t you have any job that higher than that? If I recall, you do have good grades, Jimin. Don’t you go to college and get diploma?”

“Yes, I work there and I don’t have any job higher than that. I don’t go to college. Not because my grades are not good but it because I’m afraid if I go to college, I can’t see that certain someone come back here which he never did this past 7 years until yesterday.” Jimin snapped. He is mad.

“Jim-“ He tried to reply but Jimin cut him.

“You do forget about our promise huh, hyung? I’m sorry but I’m late to work now.” And with that he walked to the music shop, left Yoongi speechless. At least he tried to make him remember.

 


Please comment :))))

SOTD; Winner - Color Ring

I miss NamTae :'(