Chapter 9

World of Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9

 

 

Jackson pressed his lips together in annoyance at Jinyoung’s remark. “I brought her like we agreed to, what else?” he snapped.

Jinyoung immediately looked at Jackson. “Yes, but not in this condition, moron!” Jinyoung cursed under his breath and Jackson was about to fire back until he looked back at the girl – really looked at her attire. He wasn’t going to admit it, but he was stunned. He looked at her from her muddy feet, to her bare legs, at her big sweater and at last, at her face. Her face didn’t hide the fact that she loathed them. “Do you have a bathroom around here?” she sharply asked

Mark stood up from his seat. “Follow me.”

Miso did as he said and followed him as he went out of the door on the opposite side of the door they came in from. She looked around as they walked through a hallway. He stopped at the end of the hallway and opened a door to the left. “Here’s the bathroom,” he mumbled and took a step back as Miso simply went inside without a word and closed the door behind her. Mark sighed and scratched the back of his head.

Meanwhile Miso took deep breaths in order to calm herself from the other side of the door. She didn’t know whether she should be scared of them or what. They apparently brought her for her own safety, but at the same time they intimidated her and she wasn’t sure whether they were the bad guys or not. Should she try to escape? Miso looked around the strangely spacious bathroom for a window. It had to be as big as her own bedroom and she hadn’t exactly imagined that their place to be this luxurious. It made her extremely curious however; what did these guys exactly do for a living? Drug dealers? Killers? All kinds of possibilities ran through her head as she dragged her dirty feet across the white, marble floor towards the bathtub. She the water and made sure it wasn’t too hot before she sat herself on the edge and started washing her feet.

Since they apparently brought her for her own safety, and she had no clue as to where she was, maybe she should hear them out. If she escaped, she’d be somewhere in the middle of the forest in the dark, and she wasn’t sure she could deal with that as of now. She felt weird. But most of all, she felt angry and annoyed. Her fear had seemed to die down a little after seeing some of them actually caring about her state. It didn’t make her like them though, but maybe they wouldn’t kill her on instinct as she had first believed.

Miso finished up and took one of the towels that was hanging on the wall to dry her bare feet. She looked around for a place to put it, and saw a basket with other towels. She threw it in there and took a deep breath before she led herself out the door.

She was met with Jackson who stood up against the wall with a pair of slippers. He threw them by her feet without a word and turned around to go through the hallway and back to the garage. Miso huffed in annoyance and put them on. She had to admit, they were extremely soft and comfortable.

She started walking back hesitantly, not knowing what to expect. It was all so bizarre. She shook her head and proceeded taking the steps back to the garage, all eyes once again on her. She crossed her arms as an uncomfortable feeling snuck up on her, and she cleared .

“So... Why am I here?” she asked, not beating around the bush.

Jinyoung finished up the last work on his laptop before closing it, a serious expression on his face.

“You can take a seat if you like,” he started but Miso shook her head. He shrugged and leaned back on the couch. “A long story short, some people associated with the guy from last week are out for revenge of some sort. They must have accessed some data from a security camera somewhere. Anyways,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter