Chapter 5

World of Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 5

 

Miso turned 45 degrees to her left and narrowed her eyes to differentiate the figures that seemed to move between the two closely built buildings.

She widened her eyes and covered with her hand when she finally saw a male being held up against the wall by his collar, obviously struggling as he tried to break free.

“Go yourself,” the same guy spat as he held onto the culprit’s hands, trying to peel them off his neck.

“No can do, handsome,” a sarcastic voice retorted. “You were lucky when you got away the first time but now - I have you right where I want you,” he laughed in a menacing manner and it made the hairs on her arms rise.

He took something out of his pocket. It glistened in the dark and Miso instantly knew what it was. Her lips parted in shock and her mind became a mess as she tried to think of a possible way to stop the gruesome fate that was about to happen right in front of her.

She watched as he slowly ran the flat part of the knife against the neck of the victim who had closed his eyes. Although he was being oddly quiet counting the fact that he was mere seconds away from dying, he did try to move his face as far away as possible. Miso saw how the man moved his arm back and she knew what came next.

“Please don’t!”

The man stopped in his tracks and the victim opened his eyes in shock as they both turned their heads towards her. She hadn’t given it any thought when she let her shaky voice dripping with fear echo through the dark alleyway.

Miso didn’t know what happened, it all went by so fast. Someone grabbed her by the arm and the next thing she knew she was pushed away to the side and landed head first on the cold hard ground. She whimpered in pain as she laid still, trying to keep up with what just happened. She opened her eyes and kept bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter