Chapter 8

World of Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-Chapter 8

 

Jackson killed the engine in front of Miso’s house and let out a heavy breath. “This is unbelievable,” he said for the umpteenth time. Bambam pursed his lips in response and stared at the worn-out house. “Yeah, I can’t believe she lives in a house worse than a peasant’s.” Jackson rolled his eyes at the younger’s response – he completely missed his point.

“Let’s pray that her father isn’t home, I’m not exactly in the mood for drama,” he said and took off his seatbelt, about to open the door before he felt Bambam’s hand on his shoulder. “Wait, where are you going?”

Jackson raised his eyebrow and looked back at him. “To knock on the door. Like a normal person would,” he emphasized.

“What are you going to say?” Bambam questioned worriedly. “Let’s make a plan!”

Jackson chuckled. “What a waste of time. Come on, let’s go,” he said and got out of the car. He went up to the door and knocked on it three times, closely followed by a reluctant Bambam. A few seconds went by before they heard the feminine voice of the girl say ‘dad, is that you?’ on the other side of the door, and then the sound of the door unlocking. “You’re early today!” they heard her say at the same time as she opened the door completely to reveal the two guys.

Jackson watched her face go from a cheerful expression to one of horror. He sighed inwardly.

“W-what are you doing here?” she asked as her eyes went to look at Bambam who looked apologetic, and then back to Jackson whose expression didn’t disclose a single thing.

“We need you to come with us,” he simply said. Not even a second went by before she proceeded to close the door, and Jackson quickly placed his foot between the threshold and the door, making her unable to close it completely no matter how much she struggled. She had to admit it was a lost case and she dropped the fight unwillingly.

“What do you want from me?” she asked in the calmest voice she could muster.

“We need you to come with us for your own safety,” Bambam tried to explain and scratched the back of his head. It felt strange for him to be in front of his classmate’s house.

“Can you be more specific?” she asked in a sharp tone, sick of it all already.

Jackson tapped his foot impatiently and crossed his arms. “Girls and their 100 questions! Just come and we’ll explain later!” he exclaimed and grabbed her wrist, but Miso quickly wrenched free of him. “No! I want to know where you’re taking me! I have a home and a family, you know!” she angrily said, fed up. “You could be taking me to my death for all I know!”

Jackson laughed darkly, a sound that made the hairs on her body rise as she shivered. “Yeah, you will be if you don’t tag along soon.”

“Is that a threat?” Miso wanted to sound confident, but her voice somehow faltered by the end of her sentence.

“Interpret it the way you want, you’ll know the situation once we arrive,” Jackson said and raised his eyebrows, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter