Chapter 7

World of Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7

 

1st person POV (Miso)

 

My entire body froze as I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

I had spent the entirety of last week being completely paranoid. The whole situation with the gangsters and what I witnessed that day on the street had me checking my back at all times, even to the extent of my father and Jiyeon noticing. But just as I had promised, I had kept my mouth shut and brushed my uneasiness off with the explanation of not having slept well – which, by the way, wasn’t completely untrue either.

I believed that I was simply shook due to the words the Jackson guy had said: “We’ll be keeping a watch.” It was almost as if they were engraved in my mind.

A big part of me was convinced that it was a simple threat but it felt like I had eyes on me the entire time I was in school, contradicting my belief. Those guys didn’t go here, however, whenever I looked around to see what caused these feelings, nothing seemed out of place which further confirmed my paranoia. Which lead us back to this very moment.

I had just said my goodbyes to Jiyeon after a hard day of school. I had been looking forward to going home and take a long nap since the moment I woke up this morning, but uncertainties about whether I would even come home today or not welled up inside of me in a split second at the sight of the black, shiny car this very moment.

It was parked right outside of the black gates of the school, three meters away from where I was standing. It looked nothing but misplaced in the dirty surroundings of the school and for that same reason, it had caught the attention of all the students who were present as they looked completely awestruck at it.

While they gawked at the car, I had my attention on the person standing right in front of it, coolly leaning against the car with dark sunglasses covering his eyes and his hands in his pockets.

I recognized the person right away; the trained figure and blonde, styled hair gave it all away. It was none other than Jackson, the same guy who screamed nothing but danger and made me feel nothing but dread.

It seemed like he was waiting for someone, and just as I decided that I wasn’t about to wait around to find out who that person was, he turned his head towards me.

Although I couldn’t see his eyes, there was no doubt in my mind that he was staring right at me. I felt spellbound and locked to the spot where I was standing, afraid that a single move of mine would trigger something in him. The corner of his lips pulled up into a small, mischievous smile, a smile which didn’t hide the fact that he knew exactly how he made feel without feeling any remorse himself. It made me sick to my stomach.

He suddenly broke the spell he had on me after what felt like an eternity when three guys wearing the uniform of the school appeared one after the other.

I looked at them, bewildered. Although I didn’t recognize any of three guys, the simple fact of him having connections to this school made me very uneasy and feel unsafe even on school grounds.

I saw Jackson move his lips and not even a second later, all four pair of eyes were locked on my standing figure as the way too familiar feeling of being watched washed over me - the only difference now being that I knew who had actually been boring holes into my back all week and that I wasn’t just being paranoid.  

I quickly looked around to see that students were trying to seem as if they weren’t staring as they ‘discreetly’ sneaked looks between me and the four guys not far away from me.

Automatically, I gripped the straps of my schoolbag and didn’t waste another second as I took off in the direction of my home all the while thinking about the safest way to get there. This was a mess.

 

3rd Person POV

 

Jackson followed Miso’s every movement as she walked away from the school, choked down the amusement of seeing her facial expressions. She was equivalent to an open book, so easy to read.

“Hop in,” he finally said and interrupted his stream of thoughts, pushing himself away from the door to get inside the driver’s seat.

As all four guys were properly seated, Jackson started the engine and wasted no time in driving away, the car making so much noise that if there were anyone who hadn’t noticed them, they certainly would have by now.

“So what brings you all the way to our school?” Youngjae who was sitting comfortably in the passenger seat asked.

“Business,” Jackson answered shortly on pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter