Chapter 6

World of Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 6

 

 

Miso quickly scrambled to her feet in bewilderment. “How long have I been here?” She remembered the watch on her wrist and looked at her clock. She sighed in relief when she saw that it had only turned 6.07PM. Less than an hour had passed.

“Answer me! Who sent you?” the same guy who had questioned her suddenly interrupted, a dark look in his eyes. It made her step back as fear took over her expression.

“Jackson chill, she’s obviously harmless” one of the guys said and stepped forward.

“Stay away from this, Mark,” the guy who apparently went by the name Jackson, said. The other guy whom she just found out was named Mark, crossed his arms as his eyes turned to slits. “If she hadn’t done something my would’ve been handed to me because your slow asses wouldn’t have made it in time,” he sharply said. Then he turned to Miso. “Who are you?”

Miso was uncomfortable without a doubt, but if there was someone she felt the least uncomfortable with, it would be the Mark guy. So she answered in a small voice, afraid of triggering any of them.

“I’m Park Miso. I’m really sorry, I was just on my way home from school – I’m really not looking for any trouble, please let me go,” she pleaded, wanting to go home to the familiar three-roomed house more than anything.

“You’re gonna have to wait. We can’t let you go just yet,” Mark replied.

“Why?” Miso pathetically asked. “I need to go home right this instant!” she demanded, forgetting her place in the presence of the two dangerous boys as she became slightly overly brave.

The guy named Jackson sent daggers her way with his eyes and Miso quickly bit her tongue in regret, scolded herself mentally and told herself to simply keep quiet unless she was asked to do the opposite.

“While we wait,” Mark took over again, ignoring her little outburst. “You said you were on your way home. What were you doing in that part of town?” he suspiciously asked. Miso sat herself down on the couch again and rubbed her head due to the strong headache. “I live there. As I said before, I was on my way home.”

He suppressed a chuckle. “You’re bluffing. Why would you live there out of all places?”

She tiredly stared at him feeling slightly annoyed at their questions. Even though she replied honestly, they simply didn’t believe her so what could she do? “I wish I was bluffing.”

“Fine. Let’s say you actually live there - since when?” he proceeded to ask.

“I moved in a year ago.”

“So you live alone?”

“I’m a student, I can’t afford to live alone,” she mumbled. “Why can’t you just let me go?” She looked up.

“Because you’re a witness,” Jackson spoke up and crossed his arms, his mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter