Chapter 3

World of Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3

 

“If we keep going this slow we'll seriously die this time!” Kim Jiyeon, my one and only friend, breathlessly let out while running. I followed her closely as we took a shortcut through a narrow street, completely out of breath as well.

 

I coughed. “This is my third time Jiyeon, I really think I’m going to be punished for real if I get caught,” I could finally see the school's black gates in the far distance and unconsciously stretched out my hands as if it would make me get there any faster by magic.

 

We ran past numerous groups of annoyingly vociferous students walking towards school in a pace that suited them, smoking and without a single care about the fact that the gates were closing right in this moment.

 

I heard Jiyeon curse under her breath as the distant sound of the bell echoed throughout the street. I groaned and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

 

“Plan B,” I tiredly said and grabbed her wrist to lead her farther away from the gate and along the red brick wall surrounding the school instead. When we were a safe distance away from the black worn-out bars of the gate, we walked over the green grass to complete the procedure we had done one too many times.

 

Jiyeon threw her bag over the wall and we heard a faint thump as it landed safely on the other side of the walls.

 

Taking a few steps back, she ran forward and quickly climbed up the walls by grabbing the black iron spikes on top which had wide spaces between them. She looked back and signaled for me to hurry before jumping down on the other side.

 

I bit my lip and quickly removed the doubt and uncertainty that bubbled up inside of me as I war

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter