Chapter 1

The End of The Day

“What is your biggest secret?”


 

 “Good morning sleepyhead~!”

 

The loud, cheery voice blasted right on his eardrum and it caused him to flinch in surprise. He opened his eyes in instant and found the person that has been stuck with him for almost his age was grinning happily as if she was succeed on an impossible mission. She looked cheerful and beautiful, smelled so good – a mixture between her laundry and cheap cologne – in her horrible washed-out pink tee, long pants, and gray scarf that belonged to her older brother. Even though he couldn’t see very well without his glasses, the boy could tell that her smile was directed at him and she has just got out of shower before she went to his house.

 

With his bed hair and half-conscious state, the boy raked his hair and sighed tiringly. He slept late last night because he just got an idea on writing a song. It’s been his hobby for a while now; making songs and letting this best friend of his sing for him. He took the glasses on the nightstand next to his bed and watched the female was pacing around his room, preparing his clothes, his socks, personally picked out his scarf and placed it on the bed, and made sure that the boy wasn’t asleep as he was sitting there.

 

“What time did you go to bed Chanyeol?” she asked with a smile before sat on the edge of his bed.

 

“I don’t know…,” the boy shrugged. “Two? Three…? Not sure Eunji, I was working on my song.” he slowly stood up and let the female tidied his bed. It’s been her habit and she would always get angry whenever he asked her to stop or he tried to do it by himself. Quoting her, she would always said it’s my duty since I was six, so shut up and just shower you stink! – Park Chanyeol has never minded it anyway, so he raised his hands in surrender and walked away to bathroom to do his duties.

 

The best friend of his, Jung Eunji is her full name, decided to stroll around his room and sat on his desk. A smile bloomed on her face as she saw a notebook and a mechanic pencil. It’s his song-book, his holy-book that not many people had access to read it; except Eunji and his older sister, even his best friends weren’t allowed until recently since they started a band. She opened it and went through the pages, hurrying to read the very new song of his.

 

Can I love you? I have something I want to say

But my lips are heavy and my heart has words that it couldn’t say even once

 

You’re getting farther away when I still have words I couldn’t say, my dear

Like a fool, I swallowed those words into my heart

Even though it hurts, I only want you

 

“Yah what are you doing?!” A swift move took the notebook away and left the female wordless as she turned her head and found Park Chanyeol was topless – like ing really topless, no cloth at all that showed his toned abs for such young age, and his pajama pants. He was holding his book against his chest and didn’t seem to care to acknowledge the fact that he was bare-chested in front of his best friend, a female best friend. “You can’t read this!”

 

Eunji didn’t have time to blush over his body and ceased her brows. “Why can’t I? You let me read it every time I want.” She pouted. “But your lyric is unlike others; it’s honest and very beautiful. Actually I’m surprised that you can write something like that. Do you think of someone when you write the song?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t offer Eunji any answer, instead she pulled her to stand up and pushed her out of his bedroom. “Just wait for me downstairs. Don’t you dare walk in or else…, I won’t be just topless,”

 

Eunji now positively reddened at his remark – of course she knew what he meant by that. “YAH YOU ERT!”

Chanyeol stepped down the stairs with his sweatpants and long sleeve shirt, the one that Eunji picked out for him, pretended he didn’t notice the glare currently his best friend gave to him. Instead he pushed her carelessly so he could join her in that very comfortable couch and again, he annoyed her by purposely stole the TV remote away of her grip and rudely changed the channel. He waited, wished for his best friend to lose her temper – like she would always do – and internally told him he did a good job when his best friend kicked his shin and took the remote away.

 

“How dare you change the channel!” Eunji growled and smacked Chanyeol’s hair with the remote. “My Jisung-oppa is on TV!” she kept hitting him with the remote even when Chanyeol begged for mercy until she felt satisfied enough and then let go with a harrumph.

 

“It’s a rerun drama!” Chanyeol whined, face red and breath short. “You even already knew how this ended!” Chanyeol tried to take the remote away and again served another smack on his head – now with her knuckles. “ Jung, it stings!” he his head gingerly and whined. “I just want to check the score for last night’s game! Give it to me!”

 

“Use that ing smartphone!” Eunji kicked Chanyeol’s shin to push him away, because he was so dangerously close and well…, it’s pretty disturbing to see Park Chanyeol up close for Jung Eunji.

 

Chanyeol inhaled and watched his best friend – she was already messed up with those messy bun and red cheeks, remote still safely secured in her grip. Chanyeol hissed and fixed his shirt before he muttered, “Why do you always watch in my house Jung? You own TV too in your house.”

 

Eunji frowned, “How many times should I tell you Park Chanyeol? Mom doesn’t like Jisung-oppa since he was married, so she boycotts anything related to him at home. She even tore my posters down!” She made some threatening motion when Chanyeol’s hand went to her palm. “Pick up your hand or I’ll kick your balls.”

 

Chanyeol raised his hand in surrender and put it over his lap, above his balls and nodded quietly. He remembered by then, Eunji and her mother was such a big fan of Jisung and watched his drama and films. Eunji was a very big fan of him, she liked him like as if her life was depending on him and her mother always supported whenever she skipped school for Jisung-oppa related business.

 

But it abruptly stopped when Jisung decided to marry his girlfriend, actress Lee Boyoung, after his 2013 drama, Secret, ended.

 

Long story short, Eunji wasn’t allowed to worship him anymore because in her mother’s opinion Jisung was too handsome and too adorable to get married like super soon. Chanyeol remembered he was standing in the middle of his best friend and his best friend’s argument on why we won’t need Jisung-oppa’s posters anymore in your room Jung Eunji and injured the most because obviously they acted like a big-fan versus an anti-fan. Chanyeol remembered Eunji’s father and brothers just covered theirs ears with tissues and watch the news.

 

In the end, Eunji watched Jisung’s 2015 drama, Kill Me Heal Me, in Chanyeol’s home – in his room to be precise, pretending that Chanyeol needed extra lessons on History since it’s the only lesson that Eunji was good at.

 

Chanyeol watched intently on his best friend, she was holding hostage over the remote and didn’t notice the gaze her best friend was sending. She pouted and creased her brows when the scene was bothering her mind and giggling like there was no tomorrow when the scene was so funny. She even slapped Chanyeol’s arms to ask him watch with her because Jisung-oppa is too handsome to ignore.

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, another reason why he shouldn’t allow her read his latest song. Because he wasn’t ready, to see that wide, happy smile turned downward into a frown and uneasy gaze. Chanyeol thought it would be so much better if he just kept this little secret for himself, because it would hurt less.

 

He was about to force himself on Eunji, to tease the girl more – because Eunji was always the cutest when she was mad, when the door opened and his mother walked in. Thank goodness she didn’t see it or else she might send her son to the nearest mental institution to be treated for his attempt on a girl and just shook her head when she noticed what show they were watching.

 

“Your mom still despises that handsome man?” Chanyeol’s mother pointed with her chin as she walked to the counter in the kitchen. Chanyeol stood up and asked what he could do to help her, when Chanyeol loudly and intentionally muttered, “I don’t see anything’s good on that man anyway.”

 

Eunji stood up, took off her sandal and about to throw it on Chanyeol when Chanyeol quickly hid behind his mother and Chanyeol’s mother shook her head. “No sandal throwing in my territory…” she made a straight line over the kitchen and just rolled her eyes when Chanyeol stuck out his tongue and Eunji hissed.

 

“Eunji,” Chanyeol’s mother called for her and Eunji raised a brow with a smile. “Next week is your birthday right?” Chanyeol’s mother smiled and Eunji widened her grin as she jumped closer. “What do you want for your birthday present?”

 

Chanyeol was washing the ripe tomatoes and flatly said, “I never know a monster celebrates birthday—OUCH JUNG.” Chanyeol yelped in pain as his shin was again being kicked by the shorter. Eunji just glared and shifted her eyes to Chanyeol’s mother.

 

“I want your homemade cheesecake for birthday, Auntie!” Eunji cheered happily, always know how to please people. “You made it last month for the event right? It was very addictively tasty and I want it for my birthday!”

 

Chanyeol’s mother positively chuckled at Eunji’s answer and nodded her head heartily. “Okay, aside from the cake…, what do you want for your birthday? Should I get you something?” Chanyeol’s mother seemed confused. “But I don’t know what you need lately. Give me a hint Eunji, is there something you need but you not yet have?”

 

“Chanyeol’s brain…?” Eunji cackled after that. “But really Auntie, it will be such a big gift if I get his brain even only ten percent. How could he be on top ten every year and I’m stuck on bottom ten?” she pouted and Chanyeol jeered. “We even always study together. I copy every homework of his, he tutors me the night before exams, and I know he never bothers to look over his awful handwriting for the test the day after and instead play GTA until late. Why doesn’t he fail, like me?

 

“Because I’m listening very well in class while you are sleep—what, what?” Chanyeol panicked and stepped away before her short leg visited his shin for another trip. “Ough you shortie Jung! Be thankful my mom put my long legs in insurance.” Chanyeol balled his fist and pretended to threaten Eunji with it, before he placed the tomatoes on the bowl and handed them to his mother.

 

“But Auntie…, on second thought I don’t need Chanyeol’s brain. I can survive by my own. I believe life will be very boring if you know everything like Chanyeol does, so instead of his very well-used brain, can’t you just get me a boyfriend?” Eunji eyed Chanyeol’s mother hopefully with a gleam in her eyes.

 

If Chanyeol’s mother then glanced quietly over his son that now washed the apples, Eunji definitely missed it. If Chanyeol’s shoulders suddenly tensed on the mention of the last word Eunji said, she also definitely didn’t see it at all.

 

Chanyeol’s mother again nodded, “Of course. I think I can get you a boyfriend. Who knows,” she purposely pressed her tone lightly. “Someone might confess to you before Christmas next week.”

 

When Chanyeol quietly placed the fresh and clean apples over the counter and excused himself for bathroom, Chanyeol’s mother couldn’t help but smile. She again shook her head when Eunji wondered and instead asked her to cut the cucumber because she planned to make cucumber kimchi for their side dish for breakfast.

The tall boy looked around the empty room before he sighed deeply. He was satisfied with the new place and he was ready for change. He then stepped down the stairs and found his mother was looking at him wonderingly. He walked closer to her and slung his arm on her shoulder and let out an encouraging smile, “This house is great Mom.”

 

“You think so?” Her tensed shoulders softened a little. Her son nodded. “I thought you would hate it.” She frowned, “… I’m sorry son, if only I could get you a better place—”

 

“—what are you talking about, Mom?” her son placed her head against his shoulder. “This is the best place I’ve ever stepped in. Heck Mom, anywhere will be the best place for me as long as I stay with you. So don’t worry okay, I’ll be just fine.”

 

Her mother looked up at her son – he looked exactly like his father, with the sharp jaw and sleepy eyes, thick brows and kind gesture, his warm hands also reminded her a little with the man that turned his back against two of them.

 

Knowing that his mother was having an unhappy flashback, he pulled her into a tight hug and let the woman cry. He’s taller and he had to act older than his age for now, because his mother has already been so strong for him. “Everything is going to be fine, Mom. We can start anew. Everything is going to be fine.”

 

The boy might be tall and act mature, but anyone could easily tell he was still in his teenagers. His mother stepped back and giggled because his brand new shirt was stained with her tears, on which he frowned and said it was okay, before his mother said with an assuring nod, “Of course Sehun, of course everything is going to be fine. I have you.”

 

The boy, named Sehun, didn’t say anything in reply and instead pulled his mother again for a hug. “Mom,” he called for his mother and she hummed to respond. “Should we walk around and visit the neighbor with your delicious rice-cake?”

“Look at you, look at you, look at you. So disgraceful…, aigoo.” Joonyoung, the first child in family, welcomed his sister as she walked in with banana in her hold and now she currently munched to it. “Why are you always stealing food from Chanyeol? Aigoo, no wonder he’s so thin. Now I know where his food goes.” Joonyoung clicked his tongue before stepped in and whined in pain when the younger kicked his .

 

“I wanted to watch Jisung-oppa, that’s why I went there. You know Mom. She will cut off my inheritance if I ever mention him in this house.” Eunji then ran to the second child in family, Jinwoon, and hugged him. “Oppa!”

 

Jinwoon, infamous with his eye-smile smiled at his sister and shook his head. “Stealing food from Park Household again?” he teased and Eunji pouted. “We have loads of banana if you want some Eunji…”

 

Joonyoung came along with the youngest child in family, Minki, and rolled his eyes. “We should just wait until she falls for Chanyeol and decides to marry him so she can munch every food of his. Like seriously, you should be thankful Auntie Park has the heart to feed a voracious kid like you.”

 

Joonyoung and Minki burst into boisterous, mocking laugh when the only daughter in family failed to kick her older brother’s leg as she was the shortest of four. She frowned and Jinwoon took the honor to kick Joonyoung for her. Eunji leaned closer and cheered, “Oppa!”

 

Joonyoung was about to smack his sister’s head with the knuckles when the doorbell rang.  As the youngest, Minki stepped out to reach the door. Joonyoung messed around with Eunji with the younger whined and begged for mercy – now everyone could tell where the bullying sense runs in her blood – when Jinwoon asked Minki who it was.

 

Because the youngest’ answer was covered with the loud banter beside him, Jinwoon stood up and went to the door as well. They didn’t notice Jinwoon has left until the second son called for Joonyoung. The oldest pulled away with a gasp before he went to Jinwoon with a growl, “Why do you disturb my fight with that kid—who is it?”

 

Eunji was left behind, with messy hair – the bun was already loosened a while ago –, her clothes were also messed up and she growled because she just couldn’t win over the oldest Jung children in family. Eunji was about to go to her room, when she smelled something delicious coming from front door.

 

“Rice cakes!” she cheered happily, momentarily forgot she just ate two portions of breakfast and two bananas, as she stepped happily to the front door, thinking it was Chanyeol coming since the boy left the dining table very earlier than Chanyeol’s mother and her. “CHANYEOL! ARE you bringing…. Rice… Cakes….” Her tone slowly faded and gone as she noticed the one standing across her brothers was not Park Chanyeol, her very best friend.

 

Standing against them with a box of sweet rice cakes, was a boy maybe around her age with striped shirt and blue-sky denim pants, his caramel brown hair was so soft and the bangs fell perfectly upon his forehead, and he smiled so easily to everyone and it went a little bit lopsided when they exchanged glances.

 

“Hi,” he had a low voice just like Chanyeol, but lighter and he had a lisp. “My name is Oh Sehun and I just moved here. It’s very nice to meet you.”

 

 


14.2.2017

does anyone even remember this story? so sorry for abandoning this for too long ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

so tell me what you think alright?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ♥♥♥