Chapter 1

This Thing called 'LOVE'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Oh my god she is at the entrance" 

"What! Hurry up people." - the guy ordered.

There's no way she can reject this

The hallway was in a chaos, last minute changes were in process.

"30 SECONDS!" - someone shouted from a distance.

"Stop everything,line up behind me with the balloons. Where's the bouquet ?" - said the 'hot shot' of the college.

 

 

 

There she was, the most popular girl of the college walking through the hallway like she owned it, not even bothered about the commotion going on around her and simply walking past the guy who was on his knees with a bouquet in his hand stretched out towards her. 

Hushed whispers and gasps filled the hallway.

" Aeri !" - Mr hot shot quickly got on his feet and rushed towards her pulling her by her arm.

"Are you blind ?" - the guy shouted, trying to avenge himself for the embarrassment he faced.

"Let go of my hand." - the girl replied in a cold tone, her hazel eyes so fierce that it could kill anyone standing in front of her.

Hesitantly the guy let go of her arm.

"Am I some kind of joke to you?" - the guy questioned still fuming with anger.

"Didn't you make a joke of yourself? I haven't even done anything and look, people are already trying to hide their smiles. Now how is that my fault?" - Aeri smirked and walked off to her class.

Her reply was enough for the guy to shut his mouth. She surely was the queen of Ice Heart.

 

"Yah Aeri ! Rumors on that you got proposed again. How did it go ?" -  Eul asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Wait let me guess, you stomped all over his heart. Broke him completely and walked off ?" - Hani teased.

"Well not exactly to that extent." - Aeri replied in her same cold tone making her best friends laugh.

"Your mom surely did a mistake giving you this name."  - Eul commented trying to hold her laughter. (Aeri means love)

"Oppa gave it to me." 

"Well then I guess we need to tell Tae-O oppa to change it." 

 

As the day dawned on them the girls returned back to their place. Living together for 3 years, the girls sure were close, they were more like sisters who knew each others heart very well.Staying together made them understand each other's character very well.

Eul was the most sorted out person in the group. A serious, smart and clever girl who kept her feelings to herself .

Hani on the other hand was the total opposite of Eul. Hani was the most kidish, fun loving prankster of the group. She lived life on her own terms and would always blurt out her thoughts.

Aeri was the most complicated one in the group. Figuring her out was no joke.Eul even asked her to meet a psychologist to confirm whether she was bipolar or not.

 

"You do know you went harsh on him right?" - Eul asked Aeri who was leaning by the railing of the balcony gazing the night sky almost in a world of her own.

"There used to be a time when the number of stars seen in the sky were more than that of people living on earth but now look the stars have hidden themselves from us. Times change pretty fast right."

"Or maybe it's our point of view that's changed?" - Eul replied making her way to stand next to her.

Both of them stood there in silence gazing the sky knowing exactly what's going on in each others head.

 

FLASHBACK :- Second year of College

"Aeri will you be my girlfriend?" said a guy with the most angelic smile on his face - "I know you miss your parents, staying away from them isn't easy. If you want I can be the shoulder on which you can lean when you feel lonely. I'll be your listening ear so that you can let out all the frustration. So do you want to go to the prom with me this Saturday?"

How could anyone reject such a sweet proposal from their crush, that too a senior.

It was almost a dream to Aeri except that it would turn to her worst nightmare soon.

"Yes." - she replied with flushed cheeks.

They became the most famous couple of the college for the next 3 days. Every Couple wanted to be them but that thought was soon dismissed after what happened during the prom night.

 

First her boyfriend comes an hour late on top of that he is drunk and doesn't even bother to inform Aeri about his whereabouts.

"What took you so long?" - Aeri said sounding very agitated.

"Did you wait for me baby. Don't worry baby you don't have to wait for me anymore. I'm done with you." - the guy said griping her arm with one hand and her cheeks with the other.

"What" - Aeri managed to say freely herself from his grip.

The crowds attention was already on them.

"What I'm saying is that I don't need you anymore. I won the bet."

"What bet?"

"Apparently the word was out that you were a tough chic to date so my guys placed a bet with me that If I date you for more than 3 days I win, which I did."

"Wait so all this..." - Aeri said totally taken aback by his confession.

"All this was just an act." - he smirked.

Aeri gave him a tight slap before leaving the hall. She wasn't the one who would cry in front of people. She was the type of girl who would show people how strong she is but cry like a little kid in her room.

That was the day she stopped believing in the word 'love'.  Her so called first love was just a joke to someone else.

 

 

 

"Yedaraa! My tickets are booked ! What about you guys?" - Hani came in screaming breaking the peaceful silence the two girls were sharing.

"Did I ever tell you that your timing ?" - Eul mumbled.

"Ahh why~~? What did I do now?" - Hani whined like a little kid.

"Chuck it. What were you asking ?" - Eul continued.

Hani quickly snapped out of her whining mode - " Ah that, I'm going back to Korea next month. Our exams will be ending by the last week of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter