Sana's Birthday

Mina and Sana drabbles

A little birthday special for a very special squirrel. :D Happy birthday Sana! Hope that you would enjoy the day with the members and not tire yourself out too much~ :)


 

It was Sana's birthday.

Like every other birthday, a small party would be held along with a private noraebang session in their dorm. Today was no exception.

Preparations had started one week prior despite their busy schedules to make sure that everything would be executed perfectly on D-day. The presents were bought and wrapped, decorations were secretly purchased and stashed in their manager's room, cake recipes were searched up and ingredients were bought.

On the night before, the eight girls were actively messaging in a separate chatroom created to organize the surprise.

GodJihyo: Meeting time

Dubudubu: I'm so excited omgomgomg

Jokbal<3: Do we have enough food?

Tzuyoda: Should we get some alcohol? ^^

Tokkiunnie: Oh yes, Sana is turning 20. We should have some alcohol to celebrate.

GodJihyo: Yes Momo we have enough food. I'm not going to disagree with the alcohol but why is the maknae the first one to suggest this? O.o and half of us are still underage why are we even having this conversation!

Tokkiunnie: Come on.. Don't act all innocent ;)

GodJihyo: Sigh.. Yah, I know you guys have read the message, stop lurking.

Bulbayeon: ...

Smolbean: Yes...

Pingu: So what do we have planned for tomorrow? How should we go about with it? Should someone distract her while the rest set up decorations? Who will buy the alcohol?

Bulbayeon: Relax yo, your girlfriend is in safe hands :P

Tokkiunnie: I could go get the alcohol with manager unnie

Jokbal<3: You should keep your girlfriend busy while we do the work so you can't get jealous of anyone

Pingu: What if she gets drunk? Not too much alcohol plz

Jokbal<3: Then you can get it on ;););)

GodJihyo: EXCUSE ME

Bulbayeon: You are excused.

GodJihyo. -.- can we not spend more time here than we actually need to

Bulbayeon: Sry boss

GodJihyo: So nabongz will get the booze, Mina will keep Sana occupied while the rest of us set the deco and bake the cake

Smolbean: Ooh ooh I wanna bake the cake :D

Bulbayeon: Me too, my dad gave me a few tips

GodJihyo: Ok so I'll leave that up to you two. And no Momo, you can't help

Jokbal<3: .... How did you even know...

GodJihyo: I know you too well. Okay kids, meeting is over, go to sleep, we got a big day tomorrow. Good night~ Sleep well :)

GodJihyo: Yah at least respond will you :(


Just after she sent that, she heard a few shouts from the next room which she assumed to be her reply. Shaking her head she tucked her phone under the pillow and went to sleep.

 

 


 

After they were done with their schedules, for once they didn't feel drained of energy. Instead, they felt so pumped by their plans for later that they could probably do a few more stages and still have a genuine smile plastered on their faces.

They arrived back at the dorm and immediately began their operation.

'Hey.' Mina's low and smooth voice floated into Sana's ears.

'Hey.' She smiled as the shorter girl slipped her arms around the girl's waist and rested her head on Sana's shoulder.

'Let's go out. Take a walk or something.'

'Why?'

'It's your birthday so we should celebrate.'

'Oh yes it is..' Sana's eyes widened. They had been so busy with their schedules that she had totally forgotten about her own birthday.

'I'll get changed first.'

'Don't take too long.' Mina placed a soft kiss on the taller girl's neck as she walked off.

'Hurgh.' Nayeon wheezed with a disgusted throwing up expression and a hand on her chest.

'What.' Mina deadpanned and rolled her eyes with a scowl.

'I'm still not used to you being so cheesy.' The older girl said and poured herself a glass of water.

'But it's been months.'

'I know but it's more of how you are so cute and cool and charismatic on stage and in front of fans but at home you're like.. all greasy and .' Nayeon took a swig of water.

'Deal with it.' Mina stuck her tongue out and blew a raspberry. 'How long should I take her out?'

'Just 2 hours or so. Manager unnie has baked the cake so all we have to do is prepare the food, do the deco and put the cream and icing on the cake.'

'Alright then.'

'Just remember to come home. Don't go on your own date and leave us here waiting till midnight.'

'I won't. What do you think I am.' Mina scoffed.

'Minari?'

'Coming!' Mina called out. 'Good luck with everything.' She winked at Nayeon who shook her head before going to Sana's side.

'Where shall we go?' Sana asked and slipped her hand into Mina's.

'The mall? There's something I have to do there but I can't remember exactly what it is.'

'It's okay, maybe you'll remember when we get there.'

Mina nodded with a gentle smile and used her free hand to pull the scarf around Sana's neck a little higher so that the girl’s chin wouldn't be exposed. She then tucked their linked hands into her coat pocket and walked to the mall in comfortable silence.

They had walked around and scanned through the mall's directory when Mina suddenly patted her girlfriend's arm.

'I remember what I had to do.'

'That's good. Let's go.' Sana smiled and Mina returned the action, taking her towards a jewellery shop.

'Pick up a gift for someone?' Sana asked, looking around.

'Yep.' Mina smiled and walked to the counter.

'Oh Mina-ssi.' The boy behind the counter smiled.

'Hello. It's ready?' Mina asked and looked behind her to see Sana busy looking at the accessories on display.

'Yes, since yesterday. I just polished it so that it would be extra shiny.' He handed her a square shaped box.

'Oh thank you so much.' Mina opened it and a silver bracelet with a small heart near the metal piece gleamed in the bright lighting of the shop. On the small metal piece were the girl's initials carved onto one side and her name in Japanese on the other. Mina smiled and nodded in satisfaction.

'You plan to give it now?' The boy asked.

'Oh yes if that wouldn't be a problem.'

'Sure, you can just take the bracelet out, we'll settle the box for you.'

'Yes, thank you.'

Mina gently took the silver bracelet into her hands and hid it in her fist. She noticed that the boy had took the box and disappeared presumably into the staff room. He has good sense, Mina thought.

'Sana.'

The girl hummed and turned around.

Mina showed the girl her fist and she let the bracelet fall from her grasp, displaying it to the older girl who was visibly shocked.

'For you. A birthday present from me. Look, it has your initials on the back side.' Mina flipped it over to show Sana.

'Oh my gosh you didn't have to..'

'I like to spoil my princess.' Mina grinned and took Sana's wrist, helping the girl to put it on.

'It's beautiful..' Sana said as she looked at the new accessory around her wrist.

'Happy birthday, I hope you like it.'

'I love it.' Sana jumped onto the younger, giving her a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Mina checked her watch, two hours were almost up.

'Let's head home, dinner should be ready.' Mina bumped her nose into Sana's, earning a delighted giggle from the girl.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

'Ok switch off the lights and hide, get the cake, they're coming!' Jihyo hissed as the dorm plunged into darkness.

The lock beeped and opened, footsteps of the two girls could be heard stepping in and kicking off their shoes.

'Where's everyone?' Sana asked and squinted in the dark. When she flipped the switch, she nearly had a heart attack when the girls jumped out.

'Surprise! Happy birthday to our lovely, snakey squirrel!' Jihyo hollered and popped a party popper.

The rest of the girls whooped and cheered, releasing their own poppers and streamers flew all over the girl.

'Aw you guys.. this looks awesome!' Sana looked around at the balloons floating near the ceiling and a 'Happy Birthday' banned hanging at the top of their couch.

'But wait, there's more! Bring it in!'

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon walked out of the kitchen with a chocolate cake and began singing the birthday song and everyone joined in, including Mina who had latched on to the girl in a back hug.

'Make a wish!' Chaeyoung chirped when they finished the song. Sana closed her eyes and clasped her hands together for a minute before blowing out the candles.

'Wait a minute.. Is that new?' Dahyun pointed to the bracelet on Sana's wrist when the lights were switched on.

'Yep. Mina gave it to me earlier.' Sana turned around to look at Mina who had a look of terror on her face. 'What?'

'Yah! Betrayer!' Jeongyeon jumped onto Mina and tackled her to the ground, earning a groan from the shorter girl.

'Get up, you're squishing pingu!' Sana tugged at Jeongyeon who didn't bulge one bit.

'I'm sorry!' Mina cried as Jeongyeon dug her fingers into the girl's sides, making Mina wriggle around in laughter.

'You gave her such a nice bracelet you'll make our present look like !' Jeongyeon pretended to strangle Mina who wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes.

'I said I'm sorry!' Mina laughed as Sana finally tugged her away from the ostrich's strong grip.

'I'm sure the other presents can't be that bad.' Sana said as she patted Mina's head.

'Alright alright, food first, fool around later.' Jihyo said to calm everyone down.

'Let's eat! Let's eat!' Momo sang in glee.

They brought the food out from the kitchen and began feasting on it. It was a simple meal with eight different dishes, prepared with love by each member. They had their cake for desert and started the real party shortly after.

'So, since you're twenty now, we should have a celebratory drink!' Nayeon said as she and Jihyo brought out three pitchers of sangria.

'You guys sure went all out with the alcohol.' Sana laughed.

'So that's why you were chopping up all those fruits..' Tzuyu said in realization.

'Uh.. Isn't that a little too much?' Mina arched an eyebrow.

'It will be just nice for the nine of us. Trust me, two glasses each and we'll be good.' Nayeon grinned, setting the alcohol down while Jihyo got the glasses.

'Nine? Each? You're making the younger ones drink? Those three school children?' Mina asked in slight horror.

'Oi, these school children know what they're doing.' Dahyun smirked and Mina could only shake her head in disbelief.

Jeongyeon began to pour the alcohol into the glasses in equal amounts and dumped some fruits in as well.

'Cheers!' They shouted and clinked their glasses together before taking a sip.

'Mm this is sweet.' Chaeyoung her lips.

'Since we might not be sober enough to have a noraebang after, let's have it now!' Momo suggested.

'Good idea Momoring, get the strobe ball!' Nayeon raised a fist.

Tzuyu hooked up her phone to the speakers and set up the strobes.

'What shall we have first?' Tzuyu asked while scrolling through the music app.

'A ballad!' 'A love song!' 'Something easy!'

'A ballad it is!' Tzuyu typed something on her keyboard and very familiar tune started to play.

'Oh my god why this one?' Mina face palmed.

Everyone cheered and Sana pushed Mina to take the plastic toy mic. She sighed but began to sing anyway, looking into Sana's eyes and making the girl blush.

' 너의 뒤에서, 바라보는 그게 내가 공유 필요가 없다~ (I'm always behind you, I'm always looking out for you, but I don't need to share that~)' Mina sang with a cheeky grin and everyone burst into laughter at how the girl changed the lyrics.

'What? She's mine! I'm not sharing.' Mina laughed as she sat down beside Sana and s her arm around the girl's waist, pulling her closer.

Throughout the song, Mina changed a couple of lyrics and earned the laughter from her friends each time.

'Brava! Brava!' They clapped in unison and Mina tossed the pink piece of plastic to Jihyo before taking another gulp from her glass.

'Let's sing some trot, kids!' Jihyo shouted into her little pink mic and the girls chuckled but cheered for their leader.

Love battery began playing and everyone let out a collective 'ey', knowing it was the girl's favourite trot song to sing.

'나를 사랑으로 채워줘요 사랑의 배터리가 됐나봐요 당신 없인 못살아 정말 나는 못살아 당신은 나의 배터리~'

A tambourine that magically appeared was being shaken in Jeongyeon's hand but no one could care less about where it came from. Phone flashlights were directed towards the main vocal and the girls sang along, slowly getting hyped up and a little tipsy.

The song ended with Jihyo dramatically kneeling like a rock star.

'Hehehe everything is starting to spin a little.' Nayeon giggled as she popped a slice of orange into .

'Are we still going?' Mina asked, feeling a little drowsy. Sana seemed perfectly fine, cuddling up against Mina's side.

'Of course! We deserve a break after our-' a hiccup '-day of hard work. We will drink on! Besides, its Sana's day!' Jeongyeon raised her glass and everyone followed.

'Just don't overdo it we still have a stage tomorrow.' Jihyo reminded them.

They emptied the third pitcher over a game of mafia.

'Merry Christmas and a happy new year!' Momo threw her fist in the air.

'It's Sana's birthday you .' Jeongyeon slurred and nudged Momo with her elbow.

'I mean.. Happy birthday Sana!' Momo corrected herself with a silly grin.

'Presents. We haven't gave her our presents yet.' Dahyun got up and stumbled towards the manager's room.

'She doesn't need our present. Her girlfriend gave her a suuuuuperb one.' Nayeon scoffed.

'But it's the thought that counts. I'm sure I'll like them all.' Sana said and nuzzled her face into Mina's neck. The shorter girl her girlfriend's dark locks absentmindedly with her eyes closed.

'Wee!' Dahyun squealed as she tossed the wrapped presents into the air and let them fall all over the girls that were sprawled out on the floor, drawing a few complains.

'Hey, some of that are fragile.' Chaeyoung hissed.

'Open them unnie!' Tzuyu sat up and handed one of the presents that hit her on the head to Sana.

With much trouble, the girls sat up in a very deformed circle and watched as Sana shook the first present.

'That's mine!' Chaeyoung pointed a shaky finger at the box in the girl's hands.

She pulled the ribbon and opened the lid to reveal a squirrel plushie.

'Oh my gosh! It's so cute!' Sana squealed and hugged the plushie. Mina smiled and patted the squirrel's head, placing a hand behind Sana for support and resting her head on the girl's shoulder.

'You guys look like a married couple.' Jeongyeon cooed.

'How about this one?' Sana pulled a bag closer to her.

'Oo me! Me!' Dahyun bounced in her seat.

Sana pulled out an A4 sized vanguard sheet full of the girl's derp shots.

'Uh.. Thanks.' Sana snorted. 'I'll hang this up in the room.

They went through the rest of the presents which were simple but thoughtful. A small box with lipstick, lip gloss, lip tint and lip balm from Nayeon, a box of candy from Jeongyeon, a cookbook from Jihyo and a box of face masks from Tzuyu.

'I still have one more present for you.' Mina whispered into Sana's ear so as to avoid angering the others.

'You spoil me too much you know?' Sana turned her head and gave Mina a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

'Anything for you.' The girl gave a lopsided grin.

'I feel like we'll regret this tomorrow.' Momo groaned. The moment Sana opened the last present, the girls dropped back to the floor.

'Drink lots of water before going to bed so you won’t feel that bad in the morning.' Jihyo said as she slowly got up and walked to the fridge, tossing a bottle of water to every member and they chugged it as if it was a bottle of beer.

'Good night, sweet dreams! And happy birthday again Sana!' The members bid farewell for the night before dragging themselves to their rooms.

Sana lay in Mina's bed while waiting for the girl to return from the toilet. She could hear the soft snoring from the two vocals on the other side of the room.

'Had fun?' Mina whispered as she sat beside Sana's outstretched legs.

'Mmhm. You guys really went all out for me.'

'It's what we do.' Mina grinned. 'Here.' She took a small box out from under the bed.

'What is it?' Sana asked as she carefully tore the tape open.

'I think you'll love it.'

'Victoria's Secret's sweet temptation?' Sana gasped as she opened the box.

'Like it?'

'Like it? I love it!' Sana grinned and pulled Mina towards her by the collar. 'And I freakin love you too.'

The birthday girl sealed their lips and Mina couldn't help but smile. They were still a little intoxicated which was probably why Sana was so bold and touchy but Mina didn't care.

Sana placed the bottle on the bedside table and got back into Mina's bed, tangling their legs under the sheets and used Mina as a bolster before whispering good night.

The younger girl watched the birthday girl sleep and how her shoulders would slightly rise and fall as she breathed. Placing one last kiss on Sana's crown, she let the sound of the girl's gentle breathing lull her to sleep.

If her princess was happy, so was she, and this is the perfect way to end the night.