Surprises

Mina and Sana drabbles

For a certain someone :) 


 

The tires screeched as Mina skilfully manoeuvred the car out of the parking lot and onto the main road. She switched the radio on and relaxed in her black leather seat. She was in a spectacular mood today. Why? Today marks the fourth month since she started dating Sana. Just the thought of Sana makes her feel butterflies in her stomach.

The past four months has been the happiest Mina has ever felt and she doesn’t think anyone or anything else can make her feel as blissful. Sure, they weren’t always able to talk much since they were busy with school but spending whatever time they could together made their time spent apart worth. Sana taught Mina that little things can be meaningful too.

The light turned green and Mina set off once more. Sana was still in school for club activities so Mina decided to surprise Sana by picking her up and taking her on a date straight after. Pulling up in the parking lot, she took her phone from the dashboard and sent Sana a text.

 

To: Princess

Hey :) Where are you?

 

From: Princess

Hey :D I just left the clubroom. Why?

 

To: Princess

Your private chauffer is here :P

 

From: Princess

Really? I’m coming!

 

Mina couldn’t help but let a small laugh escape her lips when she read her girlfriend’s excited reply. It didn’t take long before she caught sight of a familiar figure walking out of the door and down the steps towards her. Mina unlocked the doors and Sana hopped in with a grin on her face.

‘Hello!’ the girl chirped as she leaned over to give Mina a kiss on the cheek before placing her bag in the back seat.

‘How was club?’ Mina asked as she released the parking brakes and eased the throttle.

‘It was okay. How nice of you to come pick me up today.’ Sana hummed while putting her seatbelt on.

‘Of course. My dad was out so I could take the car.’ Mina replied. ‘Let’s go have some fun yea?’

‘Fun? Where are we going?’ Sana tilted her head in question.

‘Oh you’ll see.’

They didn’t have to drive far and Sana recognized the place that they were heading to was the park where they watched the sunset together for the first time.

‘Shall we?’ Mina smiled at Sana before getting out of the car. Sana walked to the back and saw Mina retrieving a picnic basket from the boot.

‘Picnic in the park?’ Sana raised an eyebrow.

‘Bingo~’ Mina grinned and shut the boot. They walked to a shady spot and settled down. Sana laid out the blanket while Mina unpacked the contents of the basket.

‘You prepared this?’ Sana asked, looking at the spread that Mina had laid out. It wasn’t fancy but it had their favourite dishes.

‘Well since I had the time, I figured I’d make a small meal for us.’ Mina sat down and leaned against the trunk of the tree.

‘That’s so sweet of you.’ Sana cooed.

‘I know.’ Mina snickered, earning a scoff from the other girl. ‘Come, let’s eat.’

 


 

After finishing their dinner, they packed up and Mina returned to the car to keep the basket as well as to get her present for Sana.

‘Here, this is for you.’ Mina said, extending a bouquet of flowers towards Sana as she took a seat beside the girl. ‘Eleven roses to show my love for you.’

‘Why is there a single white rose?’ Sana questioned, eyeing the lone flower that stood out amongst the other red ones.

‘That represents you, how you’re unique and stand out among other people.’ Mina grinned. ‘My love for you will only fade when the last flower dies.’

Sana’s gaze shifted from the flowers to Mina’s face and back to the flowers. Upon closer examination, she realized that one of the red roses was fake.

‘Exactly.’ Mina said as if she could hear Sana’s thoughts. ‘Never.’

‘So cheesy today hmm? But thank you. They’re really nice.’ Sana beamed.

‘Look, isn’t the sky beautiful?’ Mina said, turning her head towards the sky which had streaks of orange and pink that blended perfectly with the clouds.

‘It is. It’s as beautiful as you.’ Sana smiled, cradling the bouquet of flowers in her arms.

‘You flatter me Sa-dang.’ Mina chuckled and Sana took Mina’s hands into her own.

‘Not as much as you flatter me. Care to take a walk with me?’

‘Of course.’ Mina nodded and pulled the girl up from the grass. They treaded across the grass and back onto the footpath.

‘Time sure flies, doesn’t it?’ Sana asked as she gently swung their hands back and forth.

‘Mmhm. It’s hard to believe it’s already four months. It feels like a few weeks ago when we got together.’ Mina hummed contentedly. ‘I still find myself smiling like an idiot whenever I think of you. Or get a text from you. Or just anything related to you really. I’m just falling deeper and deeper in love.’

‘Once a creep, always a creep. Creep.’ Sana snickered and bumped Mina’s shoulder with her own.

‘Your creep. And you’re the one making me look like a creep so it’s your fault. But I’m not complaining.’ Mina laughed.

The cool evening breeze coupled with the soft chirping of crickets made them feel at peace as they slowly made their way back to the car.

‘Want to grab some ice cream before heading home?’ Mina asked as they strapped in.

‘Sure. It’s on me. After all you’ve done for me today.’ Sana said and Mina nodded.

They pulled up outside their usual ice cream place and Sana got out of the car. Mina watched as her girlfriend entered to get some ice cream. She let out a small sigh, resting her head against the window. What did she ever do to deserve someone like Sana? Probably something really heroic in her past life.

Sana, who is beautiful even without makeup and drop dead gorgeous with makeup. Sana, who is talented in many things yet remains humble. Sana, who always knows how to put a smile on Mina’s face. Sana, who never fails to make Mina fall for her again and again.

Sometimes Mina wonders what it will be like to live with Sana. She never speaks about it because… Why would she? It’s just a thought. Mina wonders about many things all the time. What it’s like to wake up with Sana beside her. To spend their Sunday mornings at home watching Netflix or at church. To just be with Sana every step of the way. To do puzzles together, play games together, to enjoy each other’s company. In a short time of four months, Sana has made Mina very curious about many things but Mina prefers not to jump down that hole yet.

Enjoy the time spent with her, Mina always says. She’s in no hurry. If Sana is the right one, everything will fall naturally into place as long as she gives it her best. And she’s willing to try. She’ll make sure to always do her best. For Sana, she thinks, it’s worth.

‘You look deep in thought.’ Sana’s gentle voice brought Mina out of her thoughts. Mina reached out to take one of the cups from the girl’s hand so that she could get in and close the door. ‘What’s on your mind?’

‘Oh uhm… Nothing important. Just you running around in my head as usual.’ Mina smiled and Sana rolled her eyes playfully.

‘Don’t make me run too much, I might get tired.’

‘No worries. I’ll carry you if you ever get tired. You won’t lag behind too much.’ Mina smiled.

‘I’ll take your word.’ Sana grinned. They enjoyed their ice cream in the car before heading to Sana’s house. The older, insisting that the night was still young, invited Mina to stay for a little.

‘Pa, Ma, I’m home!’ Sana called out as she entered the house with Mina behind her. They took off their shoes in the balcony and walked in to see Sana’s parents in the living room.

‘You brought Mina with you.’ Mrs Minatozaki smiled at Mina who bowed.

‘We’ll be in my room if you need anything.’ Sana waved at her parents who only shook their head before dragging Mina by the hand to her room. Sana instantly flopped onto her bed, making Mina giggle at the adorable sight. She closed the door softly behind her and walked over to Sana.

‘Tired?’

‘A little but I had fun so it’s all good.’ Sana raised a thumb up without moving her body. ‘Come here.’

Mina moved a little closer and to her surprise, Sana grabbed her arm and pulled her onto the bed, swiftly wrapping her leg around Mina’s waist and hugging the girl, trapping the latter with her limbs.

‘You’re so huggable.’ Sana whispered as she made herself comfortable.

‘Thanks?’ Mina said, slightly amused.

‘Sometimes I feel like hugging you and never letting go.’ Sana admitted.

‘Oh trust me, I know.’ Mina smiled. She freed herself from Sana’s limbs and pulled the covers over their legs before returning to her previous position.

They fell into comfortable silence, listening to the sound of their steady breathing. Sana was playing with Mina’s fingers and the latter had her eyes closed.

‘Sana?’ Mina whispered after some time.

‘Hmm?’

‘I love you. I’ll let you know I love you every chance that I get so you won’t ever forget it.’

‘I love you too and no, I don’t think I’ll ever forget about it that easily.’ Sana replied with a warm smiled, squeezing Mina’s fingers and that, was the perfect way to end their day.