Chapter 3

Personal hairdresser

'I need to see him again'

 

 

'Ding ding' 

Luhan enters the familiar hairdressing salon, searching for him. He walks to the counter, and sees 'him' hiding behind the counter eating a cookie, quietly nibbling on it while reading something from his phone. Luhan couln't resist it. He is the cutest creature in the universe, Luhan thought.

'Whatcha reading there?' Luhan asked, which made xiumin jump a little. He looked like a helpless kitten, and Luhan wanted to pull him into an embrace.

'Nothing,' Xiumin said casually. 'Talking with a friend.'

Luhan felt a little bit jealous. 'Who?' He tried to smile and remain calm, but his smile just wouldn't appear.

'Just a friend i met in college. His name is Tao and he's from China. Apparantly he has this little crush on Sehun.'

Luhan nodded at the information given. He felt relieved, he really hoped that xiumin isn't in a relationship.

'Soooo, why did you come here for? Trying to bother me?' Xiumin questioned Luhan.

'N-no, nothing like that. I've completely forgotten why i came here. Actually.......'

 

*Flashback*

'You wanna dye your hair?' Sehun questioned.

'I need to see him.' Luhan replied.

'Okayyy, dude. you're sooo lovestruck.'

'I know, i know.. But i can't help it, love is..... love is uncontrollable'  (Especially when its with xiumin, Luhan thought)

'Fine, do what you want. '

'Hey Sehun?'

'Yeah?' Sehun replied.

'Would it be weird if i became your brother in law?'

'Oh. My. God. I've never thought of that.' Sehun jokingly pulled a face of disgust, and Luhan pushed him.

'Waeee? Don't you want to be related to me?' Luhan pouts.

'Why so serious? Also, what if minseok hyung is straight?'

'Wait... you don't know? Luhan asked

'Well...He's never actually dated anyone. He's really close with this one certain guy though.'

'What's his name?' Luhan questioned immediately, ignoring the stupid smirk Sehun gave him.

'Yixing.'

*flashback ends*

 

'You wanna dye your hair?' Xiumin asked in an exaggerated tone.

'Yeah.... why so surprised?' Luhan pouts.

'Well, i like your hair colour now, but i guess im not one to judge...' answers Xiumin. 'So what colour?'

Luhan thought for a while. He liked the colour black, but he wanted to have the same colour as xiumin,  although it didn't make him look manly.

'Can i actually....... have yours?' Luhan asked, and as xiumin sent him a confusing look, he immediately added:

'Your hair colour.'

Xiumin nods in realisation. He then examines Luhan from different angles, which made Luhan blush.

'What.. what are you doing?'

'I don't think orange really suits you. Maybe pink?'

'No way, i'm a manly person.' Luhan said in confident, which made xiumin laugh hysterically. Luhan felt slighty taken aback. Before he could say anything, xiumin beat him to it.

'Fine then. Maybe red?' Xiumin suggested.

Red. Is red a manly colour? Luhan thought to himself. He then made up his mind after thinking for a couple of minutes.

'Okay.'

 

 

'You know, it's kinda weird doing this now that we're.... closer.' Xiumin told Luhan.

Closer. Luhans face formed a grin when he heard that word. They did learn alot about each other and opened out more.

The same thing happened again, Xiumin washing Luhans hair, Luhan making eye contact with xiumin and turning away, and Xiumin laughing at him.

'Why is it that you look away everytime i look into your eyes? Did i kill your father in your past life?' Xiumin jokingly asked

'N-no, it's just that-'

'You're not emotionally manly?' Xiumin said while grinning.

'No wha-just shut up.' 

Xiumin continued to wash Luhans hair as they both shared some small talks.

When they finally got to the dying point, Luhan asked xiumin:

'Why red though?'

'I thought you liked manly,' Xiumin answered and Luhan aggresively nodded his head. Xiumin than held Luhans head to keep it from moving, because he was spashing water from his hair everywhere.

'Red is a manly colour, spicy, evil, and..' xiumin trailed off,and suddenly muttered:

'It suits your baby face.'

Luhan then turned around to face xiumin, making the manliest face possible.

'Manly' He shouted out, causing xiumin to laugh at his childish behavior until his stomach hurt. Xiumin then dried out Luhan's hair with a hairdryer, and led him to one of the many different stations.

'Now sit here and be a good boy..' Xiumin ordered Luhan and he did so, while xiumin looked for the hair dye and mixed it up with a couple different colours to get the right colour.

'Alright, lets start.' Xiumin said before he began to clip up Luhans hair in long black pins. Luhan looked hideous. It was as if a 5 year old girl just did a makeover for him. Xiumin then started colouring his hair.

Xiumin didn't say anything, so Luhan kept quiet too. Soon, Luhan got a little sleepy. He felt his eyelids getting heavier and heavier, And seconds later, he drifted off to sleep.

'Yah, wake up!' He could hear xiumin trying to call him awake, but he was just too tired.

 

 

 

Luhan woke up to the sound of magazine pages being flipped. His hair felt wet, so he reached his hand up to touch it. His hand was an inch from making contact with his hair until he heard a familiar angelic voice.

'Stop!' The person said as he held Luhans wrist with his own small hands.

'Where am I?' Luhan asked as he rubbed his eyes, and tried to open them. He turned around, and saw xiumin staring directly at him.

'Wha-? Why are you here?' Luhan said before realising the situation. Luhans eyes widened as big as saucers.

'Oh my god im so sorry i fell asleep here i was just so tired and-'

'Shoosh, It's alright' Xiumin said as he handed Luhan a coffee.

'Double espresso' He said before taking a slurp of his own.

'How-How did you know that i liked double espresso the most?' Luhan questioned.

'I didn't know. I just got you what i got for myself.' Xiumin replied. Luhan tried really hard to control the smile that was forming from his face. He liked how he and xiumin shared so many similarities. Xiumin suddenly got up and help Luhans wrist, dragging him up.

'Wait..Where are you taking me to?' Luhan asked.

'Washing the dye off your hair. Duh.' said Xiumin. Luhan felt like an idiot. But he was curious to why xiumin didn't wake him up.

'You could've just woken me up' Luhan said.

'Nah, you looked a little bit tired.'

Luhan then sat on the same chair and xiumin washed the dye off Luhans hair after he put on transparent plastic gloves.

After washing all the dye off and drying Luhans hair, Xiumin styled it up.

'There, look at how handsome you are now' Xiumin said as he gestured Luhan to look at himself in the mirror.

Luhan actually thought he looked 10 times manlier. He plastered a huge smile on his face, giggling like a high school teenage girl when xiumin called him handsome. Xiumin just shook his head and went to the counter, Luhan following after like a puppy.

'You should be thankful' Xiumin told luhan as he handed xiumin the amount of money required. 'I've never given anyone half price.' 

'Thanks' Luhan muttered as xiumin handed him the change.

'Umm...Since it's so late now, do you wanna grab some dinner together? My treat.' Luhan asked, praying to god that xiumin would accept his offer.

His heart lit up when he saw a grin on xiumins face. 'Sure!' He exclaimed exitedly, immediately packing his stuff into a white backpack and closing the shop.

From that moment on, Luhan thought that he was the luckiest man on Earth.