Confession

Forbidden Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson pushed the door cafe and makes the bell that located at the top tinkled. He welcomed with the warm air that opposite with the outside. There was midnight when mark called and ask to meet him in that cafe. Without hesitation he headed to the corner cafe where he and the mark used to spent time together. He was late a few minutes from the time that he was promised because of traffic jam. He then pulled out a chair and sat down in front of him.

"Mark ..." Jackson called mark who being silent and putting the chin in his hand. Mark was staring blankly at the cafe window that shows a view of people passing by. Latte in front of mark was not touched at all. Mark looks preoccupied with himself. Jackson thought he was weird today.

 "Mark ...." Jackson called him again because the mark did not respond at all.

Mark was surprised when his hands touched by someone. He turned quickly and saw Jackson has been sitting in front of him. He did not know how long he spent his time gazing out the window. When mark holding his latte cup, he realized the cup felt cold and there was not hot steaming came from it. he began to realize that he had spent tens of minutes just by sitting still and dreamy.

"Hey jackson, sorry I did not know you come. Anthing you want to drink? "

"Americano mark, as usual"

Mark nodded after hearing what Jackson wanted a drink. He waved to a waiter that stand up  in front of the display coffee. After the waiter took his orders, then he left the table where they sat.

Just a few days jackson had not met the mark, he realizes mark looks different from the last time he was seen. Mark clothes look a bit crumpled not as usual. There was black color under mark eyes showed him he lack of sleep. He did not smile when he meet him. Actually they work in the same firm, but they was in different department so he cant meet him every day. Despite that he and mark always try to spent their time together, especially at lunch. But because of the hectic schedule he has in many days he could not accompany mark at lunch.

Mark remained silent, while his gaze fixed on the cup he was holding.  Jackson let him, trying to give time for mark to thinking. A few minutes passed until the waiter caffe deliver his drinks and mark still not say any word to him. He cant wait anymore, because if he let him he wont talk anything to him. So, he took the initiative to ask him first.

"How are you mark?" Jackson started small talk to break the weird atmosphere around them. Even though he knew what would mark the give to his question, at least he has tried.

"I'm okay jackson" jackson knew it does not look mark was fine. He looks like got a big problem, but he did not want to deny answers mark. Mark the type of person who was not told of his problems even though he pushed him. Few years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter