Bonus Chapter #2

My Bodyguard, My Boyfriend

Hello! I'm finally back, and I have to deeply apologise! I had some... personal problems I needed to solve, therefore I lost the inspiriation to write.
I'm back and that is what matters, right?

I wrote this bonus chapter in scenes which I found important, in order to avoid writing the story all over again. That's why it won't be as detailed as the main story. 

NB: Text in italics is written as flashback!

WARNING: not so pleasant talk about homouality. Not much/intense, but it's there either way. If you are sensitive to such, then you can skip it and ask what happened in the comments. I'll give a brief summary of that scene:).


Chanyeol drives in his black car, while talking to his boss Suho on the phone. He knows it’s not wise to talk in the phone and drive at the same time but then again, he’s not one to follow the rules one hundred percent.

“Yes, I’m on my way to the house now. Yes, I have talked to them about how to do this. Are you sure they were the one to ask about this though? I know they know about us, but they’re not ones to ask at this time. I’m also surprised, the famous Byun couple asking for help. I thought they had their own bodyguards to deal with this sort of problem?”

He can hear a sigh from the other end, and he can imagine Suho pinching the bridge of his nose.
“Yes, an incident happened with their son yesterday. They sent me a message immediately, asking for the best bodyguard as soon as possible. They know we are good at what we do, so they didn’t want to take any chances.”

“Does that mean you see me as the best? I’m flattered.” Chanyeol chuckles.

Another sigh, and Chanyeol can’t help but laugh properly this time. He enjoys pushing his boss’ buttons, but he knows when to draw a line. Suho is the boss for a reason, and he can be pretty scary when the situation calls for it. That doesn’t mean Suho is a dear friend that Chanyeol treasures very much. Even though Suho is older than him by a few years, it feels like they are like brothers.

“No you were just finished with a mission, everyone else are busy. I took the chance. Anyway, you’re staying there until his parents say you don’t have to be there anymore. Remember this is only temporary.”

This time Chanyeol is the one to sigh.
“I get it already. I just hope this kid will be better than the last one. You have no idea how irritating she was! She couldn’t stop talking, and I wanted so bad to put a plug down while I was there!”

“Yeah I know, you called every day to complain about it.”

When Chanyeol sees the house come in to view, he’s sure he’s at the right place. 
“I’ve arrived at the house, one last question though before I hang up. What’s this kid’s name?”

“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”

When he approaches a black gate, it opens automatically for him to drive through. At first he thinks it’s because of him, but when an expensive car drive out, he figures it must be the parents. As he drives closer he can see a small figure stand by the door. When he climbs out of the car he can see the smaller, and if he didn’t force himself to be calm he would’ve fallen on the ground.

He looked like a puppy! Chanyeol wanted to squeeze the life out of him! Baekhyun is shorter than he is, that’s not hard to see. He has raven black hair, cute puppy eyes drooping a little at the end, a cute button nose, and when Chanyeol looks at his figure he could say feminine. Curvy, and delicate hands. 

“Are you Baekhyun?” Chanyeol ask without stumbling over his words, something he congratulates himself. He can see Baekhyun is shocked by his voice, almost all of them are.

“Indeed I am, and I guess you are my new bodyguard?” 

“Yes, and I hope we can work well together. My name is Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol says with a big smile, showing his teeth.

 

The adrenaline he felt surging through his body had been more than he had ever felt before. One moment, Baekhyun was going to make some ramen, the other they were ambushed. After fighting for some time, Chanyeol was knocked out by a blow to the head, but not before he saw Baekhyun being dragged away. When he woke up, it was silent. A massive headache pounded his head, and he tries to stand up. As he looks around, the house is trashed. All sorts of furniture and accessories thrown around.

He looks around, and he can vaguely remember taking out at least two of the guards. They must have woken up and gone back to where they came from. The first thing that comes to mind is “where is Baekhyun?”, and it’s then realisation punches him in the face. He doesn’t hesitate to fish out his phone contacting Suho. He sprints towards his car, intending to drive back to the base. When he hears Suho answer the phone, it’s immediate word vomit.

“Suho! Baekhyun, he… ambush, you have to help me!”

“Chanyeol! Calm down! Take deep breaths, and then you can talk. Where are you now, and what did you say about Baekhyun?”

 

Suho denied Chanyeol from driving, in case he might have a concussion. When Chanyeol told him he’s at the house, Suho arrived with Sehun and the team’s doctor, Lay. Fortunately he didn’t have a concussion, but he had a cut by the eyebrow which didn’t need stitches according to Lay.

“What do we do? I failed to protect him.” Chanyeol sat on the floor, his head in his hands.
Lay had gone back to the base when he received a call that someone else needed him. Suho and Sehun sat by him trying to make him calm down.

“You haven’t failed him. Four against one, I have to say that is pretty unfair. If you had been able to take all of them down, well damn I had been impressed.” Sehun said.

“Sehun is right. We’re gonna get him back, don’t forget you gave him that necklace with the tracking chip.”

By the mention of the necklace, Chanyeol’s head snapped up so fast Suho and Sehun were afraid he would get a whiplash. Suho chuckled, and made a motion with his hand towards Sehun. Sehun nodded, and stood up to get something from the car they came with.

“So you forgot, doesn’t surprise me to be honest. But Chanyeol,” 

By the mention of his name, he turns his head towards Suho. When Suho got his full attention, he continues.

“why do I get the feeling there is more in to this than the mission to protect him?” 

Chanyeol seems to be deep in thought, before sighing.
“I love him Suho, since the first time I met him. I really love him.” 

Suho was surprised to say the least. When Chanyeol was still in training, he would turn gloomy when someone’s love life where brought up in a conversation. That’s why they tried to avoid to speak about it when he was around, because a happy Chanyeol was much better than a depressed one. Before he can ask more questions, Sehun arrives with a laptop under his arm.  After starting it up, opening up all sorts of programs, he manages to find the necklace Baekhyun is wearing. Chanyeol jumps in glee with Suho trying to calm him down so they can make a plan.

“If you and Sehun drives to the location, I can head back to base to inform the police.”

“What if the place is crowded with guards or something?” Sehun asks.

“Yeah, he’s right. Is this gonna be as easy as you presume? Do you really think only me and Sehun will be enough?” 

Suho chuckles before saying
“Clearly we are dealing with an amateur who is desperate. If he can’t think far enough to remove a simple Rilakkuma necklace, then I can assure you this will be a piece of cake. You guys take Chanyeol’s car, I’ll take the other one.”
Suho says as he walks to the door.

When they are outside, about to open the car door, Suho says one last thing to them:
“If there is many guards and you see it as a problem, stall them. Make enough time for me and the rest to arrive. I trust your judgement, and call me to update if anything happens.”

 

Chanyeol and Sehun arrived at the location, which looks like an old abandoned factory of some sorts. Stereotypical to use as a base. Two guards are by the main entrance, big and armed with guns.

“Think you can take them?” Chanyeol ask. 

Chanyeol had parked the car in an alley a few metres away, making a plan before going in to action.

Sehun nods, taking forth a gun containing darts of sleeping serum. Sehun is always the one picked out to shoot someone in the shadow for team missions. He had incredible aim, and could be as silent as an assassin. They walk out of the car, taking places.

Chanyeol waits from his spot, until he can hear a grunt from one of the guards before he falls to the ground. The other one does the same a few seconds later, falling asleep like a log. Chanyeol finds the key to the door in the pocket of the first man, and unlocks the door slowly as to not make a sound in case there are guards on the other side. 

Surprisingly there are none, but they don’t let down their guards. Always be prepared, their trainer had told them. They freeze when they can hear laughter and chatter in a room to the left. Chanyeol make some signals with his hands, indicating a surprise attack. Sehun nods, putting away his gun as well as Chanyeol. They had always preferred fighting with their fists.

With a kick to the door, it bursts open, and they run towards the first person they see. The guards are alarmed, not even have time to grasp what’s going on before they have a fist in the face. After taking out about three guards, they run out of the room with the three remaining guards right behind, but that doesn’t stop Chanyeol from searching after Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun?!”

No response, but if Baekhyun answered he can’t hear it because of all the yelling from the guards. He decides to try once more.

“Baekhyun?! Where are you?!”

“Chanyeol! I’m in here! Can you hear me?” 

There it is! It’s faint and he had to strain his ears to hear it, but it’s there! He stops by a door he suspect he could hear the voice.

“Sehun cover me! I’m going in!”

Sehun nods “I got this, you go.” he says as he turns around facing the guards. In just a moment he moves and attacks swiftly like wind itself.

He kicks at the door, but it won’t budge. He kicks and kicks again, and it finally burst open! There in the middle of the room, bound to a chair, is Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol had gone back to the base with Sehun and Suho. He left without saying goodbye properly to Baekhyun, and he felt a little but guilty about that. While Sehun had gone to his room to take a shower, Suho and Chanyeol went to Suho's office.

“So Chanyeol now that you cleared that problem, are you ready for a new one?” Suho ask as he sit down in his chair. 

Chanyeol stands by the door, not seeing the purpose of sitting when he wants to go straight to the point.
“I actually wanted to talk to you about that. Is there any possibility that I can stay with Baekhyun… permanent?” Chanyeol hesitates.

He knows how important it is to have many people available whenever the situation calls for it, but he can’t imagine the thought of leaving Baekhyun and go for another as if it’s just a one time thing. Suho doesn’t look surprised at all, instead he smile a gentle smile as if he expected the question to come. 

“I understand you want to stay with Baekhyun, but there may take some days for me to give you an exact answer. I have to talk to some people, and pull some strings you know? When I have a proper answer, then I’ll let you know.”

Chanyeol can only nod because at least there is hope, and he trusts Suho.

And Chanyeol’s trust to Suho never fail him because four days later he got the green light, and got to stay with Baekhyun permanently.

 

Chanyeol wakes up in the middle of the night with a gasp, a thin layer of sweat on his forehead. He looks around the room, startled to see Baekhyun awake and looking concerned.

“What’s wrong? You were thrashing around like a madman.” Baekhyun says while sitting up against the headboard.

Chanyeol sighs, placing his head in Baekhyun’s lap. The shorter doesn’t mind, taking his head in one hand and begins to brush his hair with his other. It’s soothing and it makes Chanyeol calm down, but the uneasiness is still there.

“Had a nightmare, it’s nothing big.”

“It is something if you are leaning in to me like a lost puppy. Come on, what’s wrong?” 

“You are supposed to be the puppy.” Chanyeol pouts, looking up at Baekhyun.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun says a little bit harder this time.

Giving up, Chanyeol answers “Rather than a dream, it was a memory. Of my past.”

Even though Chanyeol can’t see his face, he knows Baekhyun is surprised because he doesn’t talk about his past often. Let alone at all.

“Care to tell what it was about? You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Baekhyun whispers.

Chanyeol looks up at Baekhyun, making him stop his hand. It rests on his head, not that Chanyeol mind.

“Instead of telling you about that brief dream, how about I tell you the whole story?”

 

“What is going on here?!”

Chanyeol jumped by the loud voice and turned his head to the door. His father is standing there, face red with shock and anger. He turns his head back to his boyfriend, whom he just kissed.

“I… uh, think you should go Kris. I’ll see you later.” Chanyeol mumbles.

Kris looks at him with fear, not towards himself but for Chanyeol. Chanyeol tries to send him a message with his eyes, to tell Kris everything will be fine. But deep down Chanyeol knows it’s not going to be fine, they hid their relationship from their parents for a reason.  After a mental battle between the two, Kris nods. He walks towards the door, but not without whispering a “goodbye” to Chanyeol. Oh how that single word meant so much more than intended. 

Chanyeol is sitting by the kitchen table, his father on the opposite side. Everything is silent and tense, Chanyeol is sure he could cut it with a knife.

“You haven’t told me you are gay.”

Chanyeol's shoulders tense up at once when his father said those words. Right to the point, Chanyeol is grateful for that but also terrified.
“I didn’t tell you because I know how judgemental you are when it comes to uality, dad.” he says in a surprised calm tone.

Silent yet again. The sound of the grandfather clock can be heard in the entire house.

“It’s okay.” his father says, making Chanyeol jump in his seat.

“Are you serious?” Chanyeol ask, a little bit of spark of hope rising in his chest. 

“Yeah now that I think about it, it’s okay. It’s just a phase after all.”

 

And the little hope Chanyeol had, is crushed.

 

“It’s not a phase dad, I’m pretty sure I’m gay.” Chanyeol says with a frown.

In return his father scoffs and shakes his head, making Chanyeol’s anger rise bit by bit.
“Don’t be ridiculous son, people has this phase at your age. I didn’t but some has, some has not.” 

Chanyeol bows his head staring at the table, the anger is still there but not enough for him to snap, and he hope he doesn’t either. Why is it so hard for his father to accept his son is gay? If his mother was here, still alive, she would’ve accepted him with open arms. He knows, his mom was the one he would approach with his problems. His father is the one who would teach him how it is to live in a world where not everyone is as accepting as his mother. 

“If mom was still alive, she would believe me.” Chanyeol sputters out. He snaps his head up, regretting the words at once they came out of his mouth.

One thing he and his father agreed too, was to never bring up his mother in an discussion. His father is hard as stone, his eyes cold as ice. He is still calm, but Chanyeol can almost see the steam come out of his ears.

“I’m disappointed now. Not only do you believe you are gay, but also bringing up your mother.”

“Why can’t you believe me?!” Chanyeol finally snaps. 

He rises from his chair, his father doing the same. Chanyeol may be taller than his father, but his father is emitting a much more frightful aura. It screams respect, making Chanyeol cower a little bit, but holds his posture. 

“I do not tolerate this behaviour from you Chanyeol. I have decided, I will leave some money here on the kitchen table, and you will be out of this house by tomorrow. No further discussion. You’re mother would be disappointed as I am in you Chanyeol.” His father doesn’t leave a room for Chanyeol to respond as he leaves the kitchen.

Chanyeol stands in a frozen state, not believing what just happened. Did his father just told him to leave the house? The first thing he does when he snaps out of his state, is punching the nearest wall and scream. Pictures shakes by the impact, and Chanyeol stand there breathing heavily. His knuckles ache, but Chanyeol doesn't care as there is something that aches much more. His heart.

He needs some time to gather his thoughts, and himself for that matter. He looks at the empty chair where his father sat just a minute ago, before running to his room, packing everything he needs in a medium sized bag. When he comes down he can see the money lying on the kitchen table, just as his father said they would. He grabs them and heads out the door without a second thought, but with a lump in his stomach.

 

“So you didn’t run away then?” Baekhyun asked, no, said as a statement. He and Chanyeol had changed positions by now both laying down, the shorter with his head by the crook of Chanyeol’s neck tracing invisible circles on his t-shirt.

“No, I didn’t. I thought he would at least try to understand, but look how wrong I was. Haven’t talked to him since then either. A part of me want to visit him, see how he’s doing, but another part of me resent him. Screaming to keep abandon him, just like he did with his own son.”

“After you left? What happened then?”

“My dad had left me enough money to rent a hotel room for a few days, but I was struggling. That was until Suho found me. I don’t know how he found me, but he told me he could give me food and shelter permanently."

 

Chanyeol was walking on the street which were almost empty. It was late, and Chanyeol didn’t have any idea where to find a place to sleep. He didn’t want to sleep in an alley, because no one knows what lurks there. He doesn’t want to risk getting robbed, or worse robbed and then killed. He stops by a nearby bench, letting out a sigh. Trying to gather his thoughts, he doesn’t notice the young man walking towards him and sitting on the opposite side of the bench. Chanyeol jumps a little not expecting a person to sit with him, and stares at him with wide curious eyes.

“I have been watching you for a while, Park Chanyeol.” the man says with a calm voice.

Okay that was beyond creepy, Chanyeol thinks. Did that guy really stalk him? Doesn’t he have anything better to do? Judging by the outfit he must be pretty wealthy, so Chanyeol doesn’t understand why the man is interested in him of all people.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol dare to ask.

In case this man really is a stalker, he is ready to sprint in case anything happens. There is no one walking on the streets at this time, so screaming will not help.

“You don’t have to be afraid of me, but I guess that is what everyone says right? I’m Kim Junmyeon, but you can call me Suho. What would you say if I can give you food and shelter?”

This make Chanyeol listen more. He lets down his guard, wanting to hear more. At this point, he have to admit that he’s desperate.

“I can assure you that I can give it to you, but I need to ask of something from you in return.”

 

"I accepted, and then I trained a few months. The schedule was very hard and tiresome, but I was determined. I met the others too, and we were like a huge family. Each one of us with a past, but Suho was there to take us in.”

“What about your previous boyfriend, Kris was it? How about him?” 

“He found somebody else. It was during school hours, I had obviously quit because of training, then I decided to pay him a visit. Imagine my face when I saw him kissing another guy by the school gates." Chanyeol says with a dry laugh.

 

The winter snow was falling graciously as Chanyeol walked towards his old school. Because of the training he had with Suho, he couldn’t afford time for school so he had to be home-schooled at the base. He tried to keep himself as warm as possible with the jacket and scarf, but with the thought of meeting Kris again made himself smile and warm automatically. How long had it been? A few months? He didn’t care as the school came in to view.

When Chanyeol turned the corner, he saw a sight that made him stop in his tracks and his face fall. There by the school gates were Kris, but he was not alone. He was kissing someone. They were kissing so passionately he had never seen before. Is this how heartbreak feels? Chanyeol didn’t know, he couldn’t feel the tears coming either. He stood there as a statue. A few students passed by him, but they paid no mind to the guy who looked as white as a ghost.

“Hey you’re Park Chanyeol right? I haven’t seen you in months! Where did you go? Did you transfer school or something?” a random student ask him as he pass by.

He doesn’t answer though, because apparently Kris had heard. He turns around, but Chanyeol is quicker. With quick steps, he goes back the way he came returning to the base.

“Chanyeol! Did you meet Kris again? How did it go?” Suho ask him as he enters. 

Chanyeol is quiet, taking off his shoes and jacket and walks towards the stairs that leads to the basement.

“Where are you going?”

“Training.” is the simple answer Suho gets.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t answer for a while, it must be too much to hear at once Chanyeol thinks. 

“Enough about that. Let’s go to sleep, I’m tired.” he says and gives a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. 

"Thank you for telling me." Baekhyun says.

"You deserve to know anyway."

Baekhyun is silent as Chanyeol wiggles a little bit to find a comfortable position. Before Baekhyun fall asleep, he can hear Chanyeol mumble:

“Thank you for listening.”


And that's a wrap! This was very fun to write, and I can't get enough of the fluff! Sadly, this is the last bonus chapter, or any chapter for this story. I want to leave it like this, and not force it further.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who subscribed, commented, and upvoted this story! I noticed some of you subscribed while I was gone, and that made my heart flutterT^T! 

Thank you for reading!

Visit me on Tumblr<3!