2/2

My Bodyguard, My Boyfriend

A whole week passed by, and nothing has happened so far. Baekhyun and Chanyeol has also grown closer due to them practically living together and pretending to be boyfriends. They didn’t go any further than hugs and small kisses on the cheek, as they only needed to look convincing for the people besides Kyungsoo and Luhan to hide the fact that Chanyeol is Baekhyun’s bodyguard.

They have grown closer to not be bothered with the skin ship, and aren’t afraid to show it so all the students believe they are a couple, even though some girls are still a bit jealous. Chanyeol even gave Baekhyun a necklace of a Rilakkuma head yesterday, which Baekhyun has on under his shirt.

It was actually a three month anniversary gift in students eyes, and one week anniversary gift as fake boyfriends. Chanyeol told Baekhyun he saw the collection of Rilakkumas in his room when he gave the necklace, something that made Baekhyun blush because it was something Chanyeol wasn't supposed to see. 

Baekhyun doesn’t want to admit it, but he’s grown fond of Chanyeol. Big enough to say he has a crush on the taller. He can’t help but blush everytime Chanyeol hug or kiss him. His heart flutters when Chanyeol give him his wide grin, and when they cuddle on the couch while watching a movie. He’s afraid to tell Chanyeol though, because there’s a possibility that Chanyeol doesn’t like him back and he’s only doing it because it’s his job. 

It was his idea to go out since they had been on guard constantly the last week, and decided to relax just one day for once. Luhan and Kyungsoo couldn’t join them because Kyungsoo has gotten a new job at a restaurant, and Luhan was away to visit his relatives in China.

“Do you want to get a coffee or something?” Baekhyun ask. 

“On a Saturday?” Chanyeol chuckles. 

“Do you suggest something else?”

“What about bubble tea?”

“You like bubble tea?” Baekhyun ask with a snort. 
It wasn’t intended, but just the mere thought of a highly trained bodyguard with the face of a baby and voice like a bass liking bubble tea was too much.

“Can’t a guy just enjoy his bubble tea?” Chanyeol whines.

“Of course my little baby~!” Baekhyun coos, and proceeds to pinch Chanyeol’s cheek.

“Yah, who are you calling little?”

This time, Baekhyun is the one whining and complaining about him being older. 

When they step out of the bubble tea shop after buying themselves bubble tea, Chanyeol suggest to take a walk through the park, which Baekhyun agrees to. As they walk Chanyeol slings his arm around Baekhyun, and brings the smaller closer to his body. Baekhyun looks at him confused but also with flush cheeks. He tries to get out of the hold thinking it's unnecessary since there's no people around, but Chanyeol tightens his grip hard enough to hold him in place, but soft enough to not make it hurt.

“Stay close to me. There’s a guy behind us that’s been following us since we entered the park. Whatever you do, don’t turn your head. He’ll know we know he's following us if you do that.” Chanyeol whisper, but still has his eyes on the road. 

Baekhyun’s thoughts freezes, and prevents himself from looking behind. 

“We’re almost home, just act with me the rest of the way.”

Baekhyun gulps, but nods at Chanyeol’s request. He takes his arm and circles it around Chanyeol’s waist to make it look more convincing.

 

When they arrive home, Chanyeol doesn’t hesitate to close all the blinds he can find in the living room once they enter.

“I think he left before we arrived home. We can’t be too sure, that’s why I’m closing the blinds if you’re wondering.”

Baekhyun only nods, as he doesn’t have any further knowledge than Chanyeol. All he can do is watch, and follow when Chanyeol gives him certain orders as he doesn’t have any room to object. 

“How about we watch some TV to see if there’s anything news to kill some time?” Chanyeol ask, already on his way to turn on the TV. 

“Yeah good idea.”

 

“Do you really think that person was someone dangerous? Maybe it was just some paparazzi. They have a tendency to follow me sometimes when I’m with Luhan and Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun says.

They cuddle while the TV are on in the background. They doesn’t really pay attention to it, but they need something else to focus on. The servants got they day off as it wasn’t anything to do in the house. They don’t have to check up on Baekhyun either because he has Chanyeol now.

“I’m positive. You probably didn’t notice but before we walked in to the bubble tea shop, there was a car that kept following us. That’s why I suggested we could walk in the park since cars isn’t allowed to drive there. I had my suspicions that they would send a guy to follow us on foot too, but I didn’t think they would actually do it.” Chanyeol says.

Baekhyun is shocked. Even though this was a day to relax, Chanyeol didn’t lower his guard and for good reason. Baekhyun didn’t notice any of that, except when Chanyeol told him about the guy who followed them in the park. Chanyeol really is a highly trained bodyguard. Damn him, why do he have to be so perfect? Baekhyun can feel himself falling for Chanyeol even more!

There’s a comfortable silence, and even though they don’t speak to each other and the TV is still on, they like it. Baekhyun admits he enjoys the silence more than he should as he lies in Chanyeol’s arms, but when you’re in love with someone and lies in said person’s arms, you’re allowed to make an exception. 

The silence is suddenly broken with the sound of a grumbling stomach, and Baekhyun’s cheeks immediately flares up because of embarrassment. 

“Are you hungry? I can make us some noodles if you want?” Baekhyun asks, not daring to look Chanyeol in the eyes. He can feel his cheeks are still hot, and he’s waiting for them to cool down.

Chanyeol chuckles, and Baekhyun can feel his body vibrate because of Chanyeol’s deep bass voice.
“Yeah sure. I began to get hungry anyway. We’ve only had bubble tea, right?” Chanyeol says. 

He places two fingers under Baekhyun’s chin and lifts his head up so Baekhyun stares in to Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol smiles, and places a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. Baekhyun’s cheeks that had just cooled down flare up again, much more than the first time. Even though he’s used to it since they have to pretend they are a couple for other people to see, Baekhyun could feel there was something more in to that kiss.

“Why did you do that? We’re alone. We don’t have to pretend when we are at home you know?” Baekhyun rambles.

He looks at Chanyeol, to see if his thoughts are right, but Chanyeol only smiles again and shrugs his shoulders. 

“I wanted to. Do I need to have a secondary thought when I give a kiss to my fake boyfriend?” 

Baekhyun doesn’t know what to respond, so he leaves it like that. He focuses on his grumbling stomach again, and is about to stand up from the couch when sudden sounds of windows shattering and breaking erupts in the room. Baekhyun looks bewildered around the room while Chanyeol stands up ready to fight. In no time six men clad in black suits barges in through the door and the shattered windows, surrounding them. 

“Baekhyun go hide, now!”

Four of the men starts to fight with Chanyeol, and he immediately fights back. The whole scene is intense, watching Chanyeol struggling. Baekhyun doesn’t forget the order from Chanyeol though, and is running to the kitchen when he suddenly hears a pained grunt. He stops turns around. He sees Chanyeol on the ground clutching his stomach, with two of the four men beside him. The other two is still standing on guard if Chanyeol stands up, and that is what he does. He stands up and fights without hesitation, but he’s so busy with one man that he doesn’t see the last one creeping up behind him. 

“Chan-”

A hand is placed swiftly over Baekhyun's mouth before he can yell out Chanyeol’s name, and an arm is circling around his arms and waist, making him immobile. The man lifts Baekhyun off the ground with ease, and begin to walk towards the door. Baekhyun struggles, tries to do anything to make the man let him go but it’s no use. He yells in to the hand, calling out Chanyeol’s name countless of times but it only comes out muffled. In one last attempt he bites down on the hand hard, and it let’s go followed with a string of curses by the man holding him.

“Chanyeol!!”

This time, Chanyeol hears it. His eyes widen, and it’s like his speed and strength doubled. He fights the man without any trouble and determination, seeing the person he’s supposed to protect being dragged away. Baekhyun is about to yell again, but this time a cloth is being placed in his mouth and tied behind his head with a tight knot by an another man. Fat tears is trailing down Baekhyun’s cheeks, as he’s being dragged further away from Chanyeol who is fighting the last of the four men.

Baekhyun is suddenly dropped unceremoniously on the floor of a black van, landing on his stomach. He loses his breath, and as he tries to catch it again a man is sitting on his legs, and forces his hands behind his back. He feels the rough material of rope being tied on his wrists, and another set of rope on his ankles.

The pressure on his back is lifted as the man stands up and leaves while slamming the door shut. Baekhyun can hear the lock being activated, and he’s left alone. Baekhyun struggles to turn around and lift himself so he’s leaning against the car wall. Tears are falling, and his sobs is muffled by the cloth in his mouth. All he thinks about is Chanyeol and if he’s okay.

 

After driving for who knows how long without breaks, the car finally stops. Baekhyun’s arms ache, and he wants to know how Chanyeol is doing. Is he hurt? Did he escape? Did he get the four men? So many questions Baekhyun wants to be answered. 

The door opens and two men appears. One of them drags Baekhyun by his tied feet close enough to the door so he can lift Baekhyun over his shoulder. They enter first a building, then the men navigates themselves to a room. It’s pitch black at first when they enter, but one of the men switches on the light and it illuminates the room. Light hits Baekhyun’s eyes, and he has to squint a bit. There isn't much light, but he has to squint anyway beacuse of the lack of light in the van. The man carrying Baekhyun lifts him off his shoulder, and places him down on a chair. He re-arranges the ropes on Baekhyun’s ankles so they are tied to the chair legs. As soon as the man is done, the two men leave him alone yet again.

Baekhyun tries to wriggle out of the rope, but groans in pain as he can feel friction wounds forming on his wrists. He looks around and sees there are nothing in there to help him cut the ropes. Only the chair he’s sitting in, a small light bulb that’s hanging from the ceiling, and one door which Baekhyun is pretty sure it’s locked.

There’s no windows, so the hope of glass shards are out. They left the room completely clean, typical. When criminals are tidy for once. Baekhyun tries to shake the cloth out of his mouth, since his jaw is beginning to hurt by shaking his head in every direction he can, but the knot is too tight. In the midst of trying to take cloth out, the door unlocks and opens. Baekhyun stops immediately to see who enters the room.

A man in a striped black suit enters with three other men, two of whom Baekhyun recognises. The smell of cigarette fills the room, making Baekhyun frown. He has always hated the smell of a cigarette, that’s why his father never smokes near him when they are home. The man’s hair is completely pushed back making it completely slick, and his shirt has a few buttons open to show his hair. Baekhyun can also see traces of a badly shaved beard even in the bad light, and he has a cigarette in his mouth which explains the horrible smell.

“Well aren’t you the Byun’s son? With your feminine features, I would’ve thought you were their daughter instead.” the man laughs, followed by his bodyguards.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, he has gotten that many times. When he first started at college there were many people who told him about his feminine figure.
His hips for example, and his hands. He can’t help it because he was just born this way, but it doesn’t exactly bother him either.
Baekhyun’s focus is back on the man, as he is about to speak again.

“I have kept an eye on you for a while. Even your two little friends and that tall lanky guy that has always been by your side the past week!” 

Only by the mention of Chanyeol, Baekhyun straightens up with wide eyes. Seeing Baekhyun’s immediate reaction, the man laughs with smoke coming out of his mouth. 

“Did I hit a nerve? Tell me Byun, who is he? Your boyfriend perhaps? That’s not possible because that guy took out two of my men! Is he your bodyguard? Who knows what he is doing right now though. For all we know, maybe he’s dead?”

Thoughts on Chanyeol comes back to Baekhyun. If he is alright, if he’s hurt, and most important if he’s alive. Baekhyun wonders what Chanyeol is doing now. Is he trying to find the building where Baekhyun is right now, or is he lying unconscious on the floor?

“You see boy, the reason you’re here is because of you parents. They are the only reason my company is corrupt and vanished! You probably don’t recognise me, but I was one of the most successful men in Korea until your parents came on top. They stole everything from me! My money and workers was gone in a blink of an eye, and I couldn’t keep my company up any longer. What was even the point when your rival company had everything you had only faster, better, flawless.”

Baekhyun only stays silent, not that he can say anything in the first place. He can only listen to the man’s complaints. When Baekhyun looks at the man closer he can remember seeing him in the media years back, but it wasn’t positive headlines along with his face. Baekhyun’s parents told him to avoid those articles because they were about their rival company, and Baekhyun did so. He only got a few words such as “loss of money”, and “shut down” before he neglected those articles for good.

Baekhyun tries to talk back to the man, but he forgot he can’t. His jaw hurts now, and he wants so badly to remove the cloth. Seeing Baekhyun’s discomfort, the man signals one of his men to take away the cloth in his mouth. When he has fully removed it, Baekhyun can finally move his jaw properly and speak! It aches, but nothing that fades over time. He is more worried about his wrists though, because he can feel blood on his hands after he tried to wriggle out of the rope.

“It’s not my fault my parents are smarter than you.” Baekhyun says. 
His voice is hoarse and rough, a result of his screaming earlier. Baekhyun can see the man’s face get red with anger, but he tries to remain calm.

“They aren’t smarter than me, they just got lucky that time. I’m going to show you how smart I am boy, because now I have you.”

The man walks forward and crouches down so he’s face to face with Baekhyun. Baekhyun can smell the cigarette that’s still in the man’s mouth much more stronger now, and he tries his best not to cough in the man’s face.

"Why do you think I'll let you do this without doing anything to stop it?" Baekhyun asks.

The man smirks, and he pulls out something from his pocket. Baekhyun can't quite see what it is, since the man still has the thing behind his back.

"You're not in the position to make lousy threats, and if you won't co-operate with me then that means I have to force you. You don't mind a few scars on your body do you?"

Baekhyun doesn't understand the meaning behind the man's words at first. Seeing Baekhyun's confusion, the man lifts his hand to show the thing he pulled out of his pocket. A dagger. Seeing the sharp blade glistening in the small light, Baekhyun gulps feeling fear creeping up on him. Trying to push the fear away, he takes a few breaths to calm himself down. Feeling the fear turn to anger.

“So you’re holding me as a ransom?” Baekhyun spits. 

“You’re getting it, pretty boy!” the man says, patting Baekhyun on his cheek lightly with his free hand. 

Baekhyun turns his head away in disgust, and looks back at him with a deadly look.
“You’re just one more of those who is jealous of my parents career, and is too afraid to do something about it the normal way! You're just a coward!” Baekhyun yells. 

A stinging sensation on Baekhyun’s cheek flares up, and a clear slapping sound echoes around the room. It takes a few moments for Baekhyun to get out of his state of shock, and realise he just got slapped.
Tears wells up in his eyes because of the stinging that’s still on his cheek, but he tries his best to keep them in check.

Baekhyun can feel blood in his mouth too, that bastard must’ve slapped him too hard so his lip split open! He's happy the man chose to slap him instead of using the dagger, so he breathes out in relief for that. He can't forget that he just got slapped though. Baekhyun looks at the man and if he was a cartoon character, then his whole face would be as red as a tomato and steam coming out of his ears.

“How dare you say something like that you little brat?! You don’t know how it is to be on top, just to fall down and be treated like ! It takes years of work to get to there, and only a few moments to lose everything! It’s even harder to work yourself up again, so don’t you dare speak like that again!”

The man storms out of the room, and the bodyguards follow him. The door closes, and Baekhyun can hear the lock being activated again. As Baekhyun hears the footsteps grow fainter, his façade drops and he allows his tears to fall one more time. 

 

Some time passes, and no one has come to check on Baekhyun. Not that he has done something the time he’s been locked up in the room. He's getting really thirsty and hungry too, since they were attacked before he was going to make food. He can hear voices now and then, but they just pass by his room as if it doesn’t exist. The man must have ordered them not to stop by. 

Baekhyun’s thoughts go over to his parents. How are they? Do they know he’s gone? Did they get the call from the man already? If they did get the call, they are in big trouble. Baekhyun’s parents care about him a lot, so he doesn’t doubt they will do almost everything to get him back unharmed. Before Baekhyun's thoughts can drift off to Chanyeol, there’s yelling outside snapping him back to reality. He looks up, even though he only can see the door. He tries to hear what they say, but it's too many voices at once. The yelling increases, and Baekhyun begins to fidget in his seat.

“Baekhyun?!”

When he hears a voice yelling louder than the other voices, Baekhyun can’t stop his hope from shooting to the sky. It’s as if the other voices gets tuned down so Baekhyun only can hear that voice. He knows that voice, only one person has that voice deep as a bass.

“Baekhyun?! Where are you?!”

“Chanyeol! I’m in here! Chanyeol can you hear me?” Baekhyun yells moving his hands in desperation to get free, forgetting his friction wounds.

“Sehun! Cover me! I’m going in!” Baekhyun can hear Chanyeol’s voice so close now. 

A few slams are heard against the door, and Baekhyun jumps a little because of the sudden sound. It only takes a few more that the door finally gives in and burst open, revealing a panting Chanyeol. 

“Baekhyun! You’re here!” Chanyeol immediately runs over to him, crouches down to Baekhyun’s level and cups Baekhyun’s tear filled face in his hands.

“How did you find me?” Baekhyun ask.

“Your necklace, it has a tracking chip inside. I’m happy you didn’t take it off, or this would’ve been much more complicated. Anyways, are you okay? Did they hurt you?” Chanyeol ask, scanning Baekhyun’s body for wounds.

Baekhyun only shakes his head, smiling at Chanyeol.
“I’m alright, just please get me out of here.”

“Don’t lie to me Baekhyun. I can see you have a bruise on your cheek. You even have a cut on you lip! Some of them slapped you, didn’t they? What else?” Chanyeol says with a frown.

Seeing as Baekhyun can’t fool Chanyeol, he sighs.
“I have friction wounds on my wrists, but that’s my own fault.”

“Chanyeol, everything is clear. I’ve called Suho and the others, and they are on their way to fetch the guys.” an another says, coming in to the room.

Baekhyun takes a look at the new person, and he has never seen him before. The guy has a typical poker face, and has blonde hair. He’s almost as handsome as Chanyeol, even around the same height, but in Baekhyun’s opinion no one can beat Chanyeol.

“Good job Sehun. I’ll meet you outside with the others.” Chanyeol says with a nod.

Sehun nods back and exits the room. As soon as he is out, Chanyeol takes forth a small knife from his pocket. He steps behind Baekhyun, and begins to work on the rope on his wrists. When the wrists are freed, Chanyeol proceed to the ankles.

Meanwhile Baekhyun takes a look on his wrists. There are red thick lines after the rope and as he thought, trails of blood can be seen on his palms. It stings when he moves his hands too much, so he tries to keep the movements limited.

“There, all done. Can you walk?” Chanyeol stands up, and offers his hand to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun takes it and stands up. His legs are a bit wobbly at first, but with Chanyeol’s help he stabilises quickly. 

“Let’s go home.”

 

When Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrives home, they are met with two tight hugs.

“Baekhyun! Are you alright? I heard what happened! They didn’t hurt you did they?” Mrs. Byun frantically says. 

Baekhyun shakes his head, showing off a smile to make his parents relax.
“I’m alright mom, no need to worry.”

“Honey, you’re bleeding! Don’t you dare fool me! I do have a reason to worry! Is that a bruise I can see on you’re cheek?”

Mrs. Byun takes one of Baekhyun’s hands in hers, and he winces a little by the contact. Seeing her son hurt by it, she lets go of his hand at once.
“Let’s get you treated hm? Hana dear, please treat Baekhyun’s wounds.” 

Hana noona comes in to the room, and proceeds to lead Baekhyun up to the bathroom. Mrs. Byun follows, but she turns around before she climbs up the stairs.
“Chanyeol, thank you. We owe you so much.”

Chanyeol only looks at her in shock, before bowing.
“I only did my job.”

 

After getting his wounds treated, he got visits from Kyungsoo and Luhan who wanted to check up on him if he was doing fine. How they heard about what happened, Baekhyun didn’t know. His parents had also decided to keep this a secret from the media, as the public doesn’t need to know about everything that happens in their life. 

Baekhyun also told his parents about the man to took him. They confirmed that the man, Mr. Lee Jaeyoon was indeed their rival in the past before his company lost too much money, and was eventually forced to shut down. That Mr. Lee would stoop so low was a surprise for both of them.

Chanyeol needed to speak with his boss, so he had left in a hurry. Baekhyun hoped Chanyeol would stay a little longer, but Chanyeol may have new missions to take care of. Baekhyun is just one of many.

Baekhyun laid spread out on the couch, watching videos on his computer. It had been four days since the attack, and Chanyeol still hadn’t come back. Baekhyun thinks it may be because of the missions. It’s a pity though because he didn’t get to say goodbye to Chanyeol, or tell him his feelings for the taller.

His parents had gone out again, this time for a meeting in China. They said they would be home either tomorrow or the day after that. Ever since the attack they became more overprotective, calling him whenever they are available or starting a video chat. Baekhyun appreciate the thought, but it may be a little too much sometimes.

The doorbell rings and instead of letting one of the servants open the door, he decides to open the door himself. When he opens the door he is met with a tall and grinning Yoda.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun ask in shock.

Is he really here?

“Hello! Long time no see. Can I come in?” Chanyeol ask.

Baekhyun is quick to step aside so Chanyeol can enter. Baekhyun is still surprised of the sudden visit, but he manages to calm himself.
“I thought you had a new mission? I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to you either.” Baekhyun says, with a little hint of sadness in his voice.

“I spoke with my boss, Suho, and I got to get a permanent spot here with you.” Chanyeol says, taking Baekhyun’s much smaller hands in his own. 

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun’s wrists. There are faded red marks, a positive sign the friction wounds are healing.

“A permanent place? Does that mean you won’t be hired for anyone else anymore?”

“Yes. I’ll still be your bodyguard but instead of fake boyfriends, how about real boyfriends?” Chanyeol ask with a gentle smile.

Baekhyun can’t think properly. Did Chanyeol just do what Baekhyun think he did?

“Chanyeol? Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?” 

“I’m not asking, I’m begging. From the first time I saw you by the doorstep, I knew I wanted you to be mine. When you were taken away from me, I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. After forcing myself to calm down, I asked my best friend and sometimes partner to help me search for you. We were promised backup if something went wrong too. My boss also called you parents to tell them what happened. They freaked out and told us they were to take the first plane home. 

When we arrived and I got to know where you where held, I can’t describe the feelings I felt when I saw you sitting on the chair. I immediately asked Suho to make my stay here permanent after that, because just the mere thought of being away from you breaks my heart. Please Baekhyun, be my boyfriend.”

Baekhyun only smiles, tears falling down. He can’t find the words he want to say, so he gets an idea. He leans forward, and on his tiptoes he kisses Chanyeol on the lips. Chanyeol answers at once when he feels soft lips on his own. The pair of lips that he has wanted to feel so badly. He kisses back, and they move in perfect synchronisation with each other. They stay like that until they have to break it due to the lack of oxygen, both of them panting and staring at each other lovingly.

“So is that a yes?” Chanyeol ask with his trademark grin.

Baekhyun lets out a soft laugh.
“It’s a yes, Chanyeol. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

And they kiss once more.


Subs, comments, upvotes etc are appreciated^^!

Thank you for reading<3! 

Visit me on Tumblr<3!