1/2

My Bodyguard, My Boyfriend

“Young master it’s 06:30am, you have to get up.”

Baekhyun groans in his pillow before opening his eyes. He sees his maid, Hana noona, opening the curtains so the sun breaks through and lights up his room.
Sunlight hits Baekhyun straight in the face, making him groan once more and turn his head away. 

“Young master you’ll be late” Hana noona scolds, making her way to the door.

“Alright alright, I’m up. I’ll be down in a minute.” Baekhyun says, throwing away his duvet.

She nods and closes the door, leaving Baekhyun alone. He wants to get back to sleep and just skip today, but he knows he’ll get badly scolded by his parents if he do so. With a sigh and a heavy heart, he jumps out of bed.

After getting ready, he heads down to the kitchen where more maids are preparing breakfast for him. When they see him they bow their greetings to him, and he smiles back to them before they get back to work. His parents are absent as usual, since they travel a lot because of work. They are owners of one of the most (if not the) successful business branches in South-Korea.

Which leads to them are almost never home except for special occasions such as his birthday, holidays, or if they get days off from work. If they are lucky. Because of that, Baekhyun doesn’t see his parents much. Only the maids and servants that works around the big house he lives in (a result of his successful parents) greets him in the mornings.

“Here you are young master.” Hana noona hands him a plate of his breakfast, which he responds with a small “thanks”. 
He eats in silence, only checking the media on his phone in between bites. 

“Did you sleep well?” she asks. 

Baekhyun looks up from his phone. He knows Hana noona tries to engage a small talk, but he is too tired to talk. He didn’t get any sleep because of the huge amount of work for college he had to do the day before. One thing he learned was to not procrastinate. It’ll only grant you a full day of work, and three hours of sleep.

“Yeah, I just haven’t fully awaken yet.” he says with a small smile.

She only nods, and the room gets quiet. Only small sounds the maids make around the house are heard. When he finishes the food, he leaves the kitchen and goes to the living room to find his bag and shoes. 

The front door leads right in to the living room, showing off the big TV-screen and two expensive couches. To the left are the kitchen, and to the right are big stairs that leads to the second floor where more rooms are, such as his bedroom. The walls are decorated with both big and small paintings and windows. Some family pictures, others are just paintings his parents thought looks nice to the house.

His parents had to hire maids and servants to not only look out for the house, but also Baekhyun at the same time. They are nice to him, but maybe that’s because they are afraid to get fired.
They know Baekhyun’s words has big influence on his parents, and if he complain they are fired on the spot. 

The sound of the doorbell rings through the house, and Baekhyun looks up from his shoes to see one of the servants, Jaeyoung hyung, opening the door. There he sees his two best friends, Luhan and Kyungsoo waiting for him. Luhan and Kyungsoo are both his best friends and technically his guardians. They stop by his house everyday to check up on him if he has woken up, and all three of them walk together to college.

Baekhyun once asked them if it wasn’t tiring to check up on him everyday, but they told him not to worry about it. Luhan and Kyungsoo are neighbours, and both of their houses aren’t far from Baekhyun’s house either. That makes it easier for them to walk to his house, and follow their usual morning routine. They greets Jaeyoung hyung before looking at Baekhyun again. 

“Are you ready?” Luhan ask with a gentle smile.
Baekhyun nods, just finished tying his shoelaces. 

 

Jaeyoung hyung had offered to drive them to college, which they accepted with a big smile. The distance from college to Baekhyun’s house (or mansion as his friends call it) are roughly twenty minutes when he has to walk. With Jaeyoung hyung to drive them it only takes ten minutes, less if there’s no traffic.

When they enter the college grounds, lots of people greets the trio. The trio is known around the college but not popular, and they are only in their second year! Other students has tried to be friends with them, but it’s almost impossible to get in to their little circle. Because Baekhyun is the son of the owners of the famous Byun Incorporated, many has tried to get on his good side but Baekhyun isn’t dumb.

He can see when people are trying to befriend him only because of his status and money, and those who don’t. The ones who didn’t are Luhan and Kyungsoo, which is why they are his best and only friends. They wanted to be friends with him because of his happy and kind personality. Baekhyun is a friendly and happy guy, but he can be cold towards people if he has to. His parents had warned him about the people who wanted to befriend him because of their greed, and he had taken their words to his heart. 

At lunch break, the trio is seated by a large tree that they claim as “their spot” since they are the only ones who sits there during lunch break. Other students likes to sit under the tree too, but during lunch break the spot is reserved for them only. 

“Did you guys finish the assignments?” Kyungsoo asks them.

Both Baekhyun and Luhan groans at the same time by mention of assignments.
“Don’t talk about it! I had to work without break yesterday, and only got three hours of sleep! I swear, the teachers gives us these to torture us!” Baekhyun says with a pout. 

“I agree! My parents kept an eye on me like eagles to see if I worked on the damned assignments.” Luhan said.

Kyungsoo only looks at them with his owl eyes as his friends calls them. He’s silent at first, then he begins to chuckle with a smug look plastered on his face.

“Yah! What are you laughing at?” Baekhyun shouts and slaps Kyungsoo’s arm.

“Oh my dear friends. We’re nineteen, what you should have learned in those nineteen years of living is that you shouldn’t delay something to the last minute.” Kyungsoo says. 

“As if we don’t know mom!” Luhan grumbles.

“Then why did you do it?”

“I don’t know okay?! Stop bothering us! Baekhyun make him stop!” Luhan whines and throws himself on Baekhyun, making Baekhyun almost choke on his food.
Kyungsoo only shrugs, and proceeds to munch on is sandwich. 

 

As the bell rings saying college is over for today, Jaeyoung hyung has come to pick the three up to drive them home. It’s only when he has time he can pick up the boys. Otherwise they have to walk home, something they don’t have anything against, but it’s always nice to get driven the long way home.

It’s by Kyungsoo’s request they stop by the store to buy some candy for the movie night they are having in two days. When Jaeyoung hyung has parked the car, the three go out to enter the store.
After much discussion (much like bickering) and thinking, they are finally finished buying the candy and soda.

“I’m gonna call Jaeyoung hyung to pick us up. I’ll wait outside.” Baekhyun says.
Kyungsoo and Luhan gives a thumbs up, while they are stuffing all the candy and soda in the shopping bags. 

While Baekhyun waits outside for both Jaeyoung hyung and his best friends, he looks around in order to not look like an complete idiot standing alone in passerby’s point of view.

“Hey, are you Byun Baekhyun?” someone suddenly speaks up beside him.

Baekhyun jumps a little in surprise, but composes himself. He turns his head and sees a man dressed in an old dark blue suit. His face seems friendly, but something inside Baekhyun says to be cautious of this man, and that is exactly what he intend to do.

“What if I am?” Baekhyun asks.

The man flinches a little by his answer, but goes back to his relaxed posture.
“I’m a worker at the SBS Radio Station. Do you want to get interviewed? We want to know how it is to be the son of two successful parents.”

Baekhyun get these requests often. Radio shows, newspaper, anything media related, and every time he declines politely. Sad to say, this man isn’t an exception. 
“I’m sorry sir, but I have to decline. I don’t have any desire to get interviewed for such things.”

“Come on it’s just a short interview, I promise.” the man is about to take Baekhyun by the arm, but Baekhyun is quick to take a step back before the man can touch him.

The man frowns, and with a fast move he takes Baekhyun’s arm in a firm grip. Panic begins to bubble inside him, and tries to shake the man’s hand off his arm, but the grip only grows tighter. 

“Let me go.” Baekhyun says trying to say it in a stern voice, but it falters at the end. 

“It’s not going to be very long. I’ll take you there.” the man says.

He’s about to walk with a struggling Baekhyun in tow, only to be interrupted by a loud car horn.
“Young master, is everything alright?”

Baekhyun turns around and sighs in relief when he sees Jaeyoung hyung.

“Baekhyun? What’s going on here? Who are you?”

He turns to the other side, and sees Kyungsoo and Luhan coming out of the store with two bags in each hands.

“Yeah, I’m alright, let’s go.” he says, ripping his arm out of the loosened grip of the man. He doesn’t wait for answer as he enters the car and slams the door shut.

 

“Who was that man Baekhyun?” Luhan asks.

“He said he was someone from the SBS Radio Station. He wanted to interview me.” Baekhyun says with a scoff.

“Trust me when I say I watch the radio shows, and I’ve never seen that guy in my whole life.” Kyungsoo says in anger. 

“Baekhyun, you know what that was? What was about to happen I mean?” Luhan ask with a gentle voice. 

“Yeah, I know. Don’t tell my parents please. They are going to flip out if they hear about this.”
Kyungsoo and Luhan look at each other with doubting looks, but nods anyway.

“Thank you! Jaeyoung hyung, can you keep this a secret from my parents?” 

“You know I can’t do that Young master.” he responds, and looks at Baekhyun with a sad look with the help of the car mirror.

With a sigh, Baekhyun leans back in his seat and looks out the window.
“Yeah, I know.”

 

After dropping Luhan and Kyungsoo off by their street, Jaeyoung hyung drives home with Baekhyun alone in the car. They left the bags in the car, since the movie night is going to be held at Baekhyun’s house anyway. When Jaeyoung hyung parks by the front door, Baekhyun sees one more car parked by the garage. 

Was that car here before? 

He didn’t see it before he, Kyungsoo and Luhan went to college, so it must have arrived when he was gone. He do wonder who could visit when no family members are home, and just let the car stand there without permission. 

Baekhyun steps out of the car after leaving the shopping bags in Jaeyoung hyung’s care, and walks to the front door. When he enters to see who could be visiting, he had expected lots of different people waiting for him. Relatives, workers to his parents’ company, foreign people who works together with his parents,

not his parents themselves.

 

There they are in all their glory sitting on the couch, looking at their son who is looking back at them with shock evident on his face. 

“Mom, dad, you’re here! I thought you wouldn’t be back in two weeks!” Baekhyun says. 

He immediately takes off his shoes, drops his bag on the floor and run over to them to envelop them in a bear hug which they accept with open arms.  They stand there for a little while, Baekhyun enjoying the embrace of his parents again. Even though he can talk to them on video chat everyday, it’s nothing compared to when they are home together with him. 

“Why are you home so early?” Baekhyun asks when they release the hug. 

His dad smiles at him, showing off his wrinkles. When Baekhyun sees the smile, he knows it’s to comfort him. His dad always smile a smile that doesn’t reach his ears when he wants to comfort someone. It’s the same smile when he tried to comfort Mrs. Byun when her mother died.

“Honey, we came early to tell you something. We won’t be long sadly, but we will be home in two weeks as planned!” Mrs. Byun says, her son’s raven black hair.

Baekhyun’s smile fades from his face as he can sense the tension that is coming. When his parents sits down again on the couch, he sits down too with his parents on each side. 

“I am ashamed we didn’t think of this earlier, but as the thought hit us we acted as fast as we could.” Mrs. Byun says. 

Mr. Byun only nods to his wife’s words. Baekhyun looks to his right and left, at his parents faces. One looks at him with embarrassment, and the other looks at him with sympathy. 

“Can you just tell me what’s going on?” Baekhyun says, patience running low. 

“You see Baekhyun. While your mother and I travel around the world to keep our company up and running, we don’t think of our son who is home alone.” Mr. Byun says.

“What are you talking about? We talk to each other every day!”

“But that doesn’t mean you still are alone, and in danger.” Mrs. Byun pops in. 

“In danger?” Baekhyun repeats.
Do they already know what happened?

“In this world people are filled with greed because of things other people have that they can’t have. Some accept it, but others resorts to evil ways to get it. To fill that greed. I’m talking about criminals Baekhyun. They use the most gruesome ways to get what they want, even if that means to hurt loved ones. Do you get what we are trying to say?”

He didn’t think of it either. Sure others are jealous of him because his parents have much money, but that’s students at his school. Event though they are jealous they don’t walk around being angry at him. He doesn’t boast about it to everyone either. His parents have warned him about those kind of people, but he didn’t think of criminals too.

Because of the company, his parents are constantly on the newspapers and media. The fact that they have a son doesn’t go unnoticed, so almost everyone in Korea know they have a heir to the company.
After what happened with that man, Baekhyun begins to grow more suspicious. Should he tell them? They’re going to know anyway by Jaeyoung hyung. Better to tell them personally.

“Mom, dad? I got to tell you something while we’re at it.”

His parents look at each other confused before focusing back at their son.
“What is it sweetie?” Mrs. Byun asks concerned.

“On my way home from college me, Luhan and Kyungsoo decided to stop by the store to buy candy for our movie night two days from now. I waited outside when a man approached me.”

“What man? How did he look like?” Mr. Byun interrupts him.

“Please let me finish. Anyways, he said he worked at the radio station, and wanted to interview me. He didn’t look like one who works at the radio station, but I didn’t care then. I get those requests a lot, so I thought he was just an another one of those. I declined but he kept pestering me. He was going to grab me by my arm, and even though I stepped back, he took a hold of my arm anyways.

He was going to walk away with me, until Jaeyoung hyung, Kyungsoo and Luhan came at the same time. I ripped my arm out of his grip and ran to the car. I don’t know what happened to that man after I slammed the door shut.”

His parents looks stunned, not knowing what to say. There’s a thick and awkward silence before Mr. Byun decides to break it.
“Well son this is shocking, I don’t know what to say.”

“I do! How dare he touch my Baekie?! The nerves of that man! I’m proud you ran away from him sweetie, but you should have got his name so we can report him!” Mrs. Byun yells in anger. 

“Mom, it’s alright. What’s important is that nothing serious happened.” Baekhyun says, trying to calm his mother.

“This is what we are talking about son. Who knows what’ll happen further if you are alone?” Mr. Byun says.

“I know, I get it already, but what do you think we can do about it then?”

“You see sweetie, we thought about getting you a bodyguard.” Mrs. Byun says relaxed after her outburst.

“A bodyguard? I don’t think that’s necessary mom. All I do is going to school, hanging out with Luhan and Kyungsoo, and being at home. I’m never alone.
When I’m home, I even have the maids and servants. What happened earlier was probably just a one time thing.” Baekhyun tries to reason.

“Even though you’re never alone, some criminals don’t care about coming out of the shadows. Just look at what happened today! Please don’t argue about this, we just want the best for you.”

Seeing as he don’t have a chance to win this, Baekhyun only nods in agreement. His parents smile at his mute answer and hugs him from each side, but Baekhyun can’t find the strength to hug them back.

 

“When will the bodyguard arrive?”

It’s the next day, and his parents are about to leave. They told him yesterday that they would get him a bodyguard by tomorrow morning, which is today.
The bodyguard is also going to be living in the guest room nearest Baekhyun’s bedroom. That way he can get easy access to Baekhyun if something should happen at night without them sharing a room.

“He will be here in about five minutes. Don’t worry about the maids and servants, we already have informed them about the bodyguard who is going to live with you. We really have to go now, or we will be late for an important meeting. Love you and remember be safe. The bodyguard will protect you if something happens.” Mrs. Byun says.

“That’s the reason he was hired right?” Baekhyun says with a dry laugh. 

After bidding goodbye to his parents, he wait and sees their car drive away. While the car are driving out of the property, a new one comes in. It looks like a sports car, but Baekhyun has always been bad at car brands. It parks by the front door where Baekhyun is waiting, and the car door opens. 

A man is stepping out of the car, revealing his tall figure. Baekhyun’s jaw slacks a bit, because this man is by no means ugly. In fact he’s very handsome, and that is just by looking from far away!  When the man walks towards him Baekhyun can see him up close, and his jaw slacks even further.

Holy rice cakes.

The man has raven black hair just like Baekhyun, but is styled up showing off his forehead. His whole face screams handsome, and Baekhyun can’t help but notice his ears are sticking a bit out. Baekhyun thinks his ears are cute though. 

He reminds me of Yoda with those ears.

The man is wearing a leather jacket with a white v-neck under, dark blue pants and black shoes. Baekhyun can’t ignore how much taller the man is than himself either.

“Are you Baekhyun?” 

Baekhyun is almost blown off his position by the low voice that doesn’t suit his handsome baby-like face. He manages to save himself the last minute, and clears his throat.

“Indeed I am, and I guess you are my new bodyguard?” 

“Yes, and I hope we can work well together. My name is Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol says with a big smile, showing his teeth.

Baekhyun then decides that smile is the prettiest smile he’s ever seen.

 

“So how are we going to do this? We already have sorted out where you’re going to sleep, but the rest?” Baekhyun ask. 

“Are there anything more to think about?” Chanyeol ask back. 

They are seated on one of the couches, introductions already aside. While doing introductions, Baekhyun learned Chanyeol was actually younger than him only by a few months. Something Baekhyun didn’t want to believe at first. What Baekhyun worries about, is what role Chanyeol is going to play in his life.

“Yes there are! If you’re going to follow me around like a stalker, you have to walk with me around college. We can’t have you lurking behind a bush with binoculars by my classroom window. You’re my bodyguard, aren’t you supposed to think of this?” Baekhyun ask with a pout. 

Chanyeol laughs, and Baekhyun can feel his cheeks turn hot for some reason.

“Relax, your parents and I have already talked about it. I’m going to be a new student, with the same schedule as you of course. As of following you around like a stalker, we just have to pretend to be boyfriends.”

“B-boyfriends?!” Baekhyun stutters in shock.

“Yeah, do you have anything against it? Your parents told me your biual anyway. It’s gonna work out perfectly since you’re bi and I’m gay.” Chanyeol says with a shrug. 

What the hell did his parents think when they told Chanyeol his uality out of the blue?! Sure they were accepting when he told them about it, but they can’t just go around telling it to people without him knowing it first!

“You’re gay?” Baekhyun blurts out, and he regrets his words immediately like a dog.

“Yes I am, you don’t have anything against that do you?” Chanyeol ask with raised eyebrows.

“No! Not at all!”

“Good, then you agree we should do it this way? Before you answer, I think this is the only way if you really don’t want me to hide behind a bush, and arrested for being accused as a stalker.”

“Alright then, I agree.”

 

Baekhyun is seated in his classroom, waiting for his teacher to arrive. His fellow classmates are talking around him, but he can’t bring himself to listen what they are talking about. Luhan and Kyungsoo had come to pick him up, and for a second Baekhyun was worried what they’ll think about Chanyeol when they saw him. Chanyeol only told him to go with Luhan and Kyungsoo, while he would come and meet Baekhyun later. What a bodyguard, already leaving the person he’s supposed to protect with his friends. 

Finally his teacher arrive, but Baekhyun’s eyes almost pop out of his sockets when he sees none other than Chanyeol himself following behind.
“Class, we have a new student. Behave and treat him well. Please introduce yourself.”

“Hello I’m Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you!” Chanyeol says with a bow.

Girls are studying his face and nice exercised body, while boys are talking about how good he would be in the basketball team. Baekhyun can’t help but feel a bit tad of jealousy when he sees the girls watching Chanyeol like a predator watching its prey.

“Okay Chanyeol hmm, there’s an available seat by Baekhyun. Why don’t you go and sit beside him?”

Chanyeol nods, and walks over to Baekhyun. Before he places himself in his seat, he bows down to Baekhyun and kisses his cheek. For everyone else to see. Baekhyun’s eyes goes wide as dinner plates, and turns to Chanyeol in shock and he can hear a few gasps and murmurs from his classmates. Most of the gasps are from the girls. Chanyeol only smiles and whisper in his ear.

“Fake boyfriends, remember?”

 

Baekhyun walks in a fast pace towards the tree with Chanyeol beside him. He’s supposed to meet Kyungsoo and Luhan there since they don’t always have the same classes.

“How could you do that in front of the whole class? I’m pretty sure my face was as red as a tomato!” Baekhyun complains. 

“Oh trust me, it was!” Chanyeol says with a laugh, only to be rewarded with a smack on his arm from Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun can see Kyungsoo and Luhan staring at him and Chanyeol in confusion from the tree. As they arrive Baekhyun drops down opposite of Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol sitting down beside Baekhyun so they are sitting in a small circle.

“Um, Baekhyun? Care to introduce us?” Luhan asks.

Before Baekhyun can introduce them to Chanyeol, he sees in his peripheral vision a girl walking towards them.

Baekhyun recognises her, Kim Taeyeon. She used to have a crush on him, but that was over when she fell for someone else and is currently her boyfriend. Baekhyun can’t deny she is beautiful, but he doesn’t feel anything special towards her. That’s why he couldn’t return her feelings when she confessed to him one day. 

Baekhyun knows why she wants to talk to them. She will ask him about Chanyeol, because she was one of the students present when Chanyeol kissed his cheek.

“Hi guys.” she says with a beautiful smile.

They all say hi back, and Taeyeon turns to Baekhyun.
“So Baekhyun, do you know the new student from before?” she ask, gesturing to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun looks behind her, and he can see more people gathering in a group a small distance away from them. Guess they are curious to hear what he’s going to say too, with Taeyeon as the represantive.

“Yes, I’m Baekhyun’s boyfriend. I went to an another school opposite side of town, but got transferred here because of reasons I can’t tell you.” Chanyeol answers instead of Baekhyun. 

Taeyeon looks shocked at the news, and if Baekhyun isn’t mistaken, a little bit sad too.
“How long have you been together?”

“It isn’t long to our three month anniversary, so almost three months.” Chanyeol says with a grin.

He then leans in on Baekhyun, and places one more kiss on his cheek, much to Baekhyun’s surprise. Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo and Luhan, and their mouth are open in shock. That’s right, they didn’t see the first kiss in the classroom. Baekhyun then knows, he’s screwed.

“Oh that’s good for you then. Baekhyun I didn’t know you liked boys?”

“I like both actually, I’m bi.”
And just like that, his uality is revealed to the whole school.
“Um if you don’t mind, can you leave us alone? We were a bit busy talking about something important.” Baekhyun says before Taeyeon can ask more questions.

“Yeah, we have a lot to talk about.” Luhan shoots in, and Baekhyun can feel the sentence is directed towards him and Chanyeol instead of Taeyeon.

“Yeah sure, um I’ll leave you alone. Goodbye then.” she bows quickly, and walks away.

Baekhyun sees Taeyeon stop by the small group of people. She speaks and moves her hands as her bodylanguage, and the small group listen without disturbing. When it looks like she's finished the poeple begin to walk in different directions, disbanding the small group.

“So where were we?” Kyungsoo ask while gritting his teeth. 

“What I was about to say before Taeyeon came. Kyungsoo, Luhan, this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol, this is my best friends Kyungsoo and Luhan.”

“Yeah, hi. We don’t care about that part. We care about the part that this person right here is probably your boyfriend!” Kyungsoo yells and points to Chanyeol who only smirks.

“Yes, he’s my boyfriend.” Baekhyun says bluntly. 

He tries to make it sound as real as possible, but he himself can’t seem to believe it yet. It seems to work though, because that one sentence makes Luhan choke on his food.

Kyungsoo suddenly grabs Baekhyun’s collar, and begins to shake him back and forth like a rag doll.
“Why didn’t you tell us before you have a boyfriend, and why haven’t we met him before huh?!”

“Kyungsoo, calm down. I’m sure he will explain, right Baekhyun?” Despite the dizziness from Kyungsoo, he can hear the venom in Luhan’s voice.

It might come out as an innocent question, but if you have known Luhan long enough, you can hear the real sentence behind it.
“You better tell us before I shake you twice as hard as Kyungsoo and you know how I’ll be when I have to force it out of you.”

Baekhyun wants to tell them the truth, but he’s unsure if he can say it. Does he have to lie to his best friends about Chanyeol being his bodyguard and not his boyfriend?

As if Chanyeol can read his thoughts, he speaks up.
“You can tell them. They are out of the danger zone, so it’s okay.”

“What aren’t you telling us Byun Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo ask, his gaze switching between him and Chanyeol, still not letting go of his collar.

“Chanyeol isn’t my boyfriend, he’s my bodyguard my parents hired.” 

When Baekhyun waits for a response Kyungsoo finally lets go of his collar, giving Baekhyun the access to breathe properly.

“So he isn’t your boyfriend?” Luhan ask.

“No, he isn’t. My parents wanted me to have a bodyguard because of the danger of being alone. They even thought about it before that incident that happened yesterday.”

“Where did the idea of fake boyfriend come from then?” Kyungsoo ask.

“We needed an excuse when Chanyeol transferred here out of the blue, and him suddenly following me around all the time. We couldn’t think of anything else. You have to keep it a secret though.” Baekhyun says, and they nod in response.

“Why didn’t you stop Baekhyun from telling us you’re his boyfriend, if you were just going to tell us the truth anyway?” Luhan ask Chanyeol.

Realisation slaps Baekhyun in the face, because Luhan is right. 
“He’s right Chanyeol, why didn’t you stop me?” Baekhyun ask Chanyeol too.

“I wanted to see their reaction.” Chanyeol says with a shrug.

Cue Baekhyun attacking Chanyeol, with Luhan and Kyungsoo trying to pry him off.

 

"What happened yesterday? You mentioned it when we talked to Luhan and Kyungsoo." Chanyeol ask. 

After saying goodbye to Luhan and Kyungsoo reminding them of the movie night, he and Chanyeol are on their way home. 

"Nothing special really. It was a man who pretended to be a worker at the radio station. He tried to take me away, but fortunately it didn't happen."

Chanyeol only nods, as he sees Baekhyun don't want to talk about it further.

“So what do you actually do as a bodyguard?” Baekhyun ask after a little bit of silence.  

“It speaks for itself, doesn’t it? I protect those who need to be protected.”

“That’s it? You just go around, waiting for people like my parents to hire you to protect someone?”

“Yes and no. I do have people who hire me, but I don’t just go around and wait. I’m from an agency only a few knows about inlcuding your parents, and take missions like these. Before you, a rich and arrogant man hired me to protect his daughter. The daughter was just as arrogant has her father. I couldn't stand her for one second! Just imagine how happy I was when my job was done!”

“You risk your life everyday, for other people. How did you end up like this?” Baekhyun ask in shock. 

“What is this? An interview? Long story short I ran away from home, someone found me, trained me and I joined the agency that person owned along with several others.”

Silence soon followed, as Baekhyun thought it wasn’t the right time to ask more questions. He could hear Chanyeol was a little bit annoyed by the way he talked to him, so he let it go. It’s an awkward silence, since it’s just them two on the street. No cars, no birds singing, nothing. When the silence has stretched out long enough, Baekhyun decides to change the subject. 

“So you’ll join Kyungsoo, Luhan and I on our movie night?”

Chanyeol looks surprised by the sudden question, but he regains his relaxed attitude.
“I can just wait up in my room if that’s what you want. I don’t want to intrude if this is something important you three do.”

“It’ll be alright, I’m sure Kyungsoo and Luhan doesn’t have anything against it.”

“Alright then if you insist, I’ll join you.” Chanyeol says with a smile.

 

The next day is as Saturday, and Luhan and Kyungsoo came over with the movies they could pick. Baekhyun and Chanyeol fixed the candy and soda, and are currently getting ready in the living room.
As expected, Luhan and Kyungsoo didn’t have anything against Chanyeol being together with them on the movie night. They were even more excited at the information.

“What movie do you want to watch?” Kyungsoo asks.

“The Avengers!” Luhan yells out. 

“Do you agree?” Kyungsoo ask Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“I’m okay with it.” Baekhyun says. 

“Me too. It’s a good movie.” Chanyeol says. 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are seated in the couch, while Luhan is seated on the floor with tons of pillows surrounding him. Luhan wanted to sit on the floor because of a reason he didn't want to tell them.

When the movie is halfway done, Baekhyun can feel his eyelids getting heavy. Without much thinking, he leans his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol doesn’t bother, as he doesn’t do anything to remove Baekhyun’s head. 

“Does it bother you?” Baekhyun ask with a tired voice.

“No, it’s alright.” Chanyeol says with a small shrug, making Baekhyun’s head go up and down with his shoulders.

“That’s good.” Baekhyun only grows more drowsy, and he struggles to keep his eyes open. As if someone snaps his fingers, he closes his eyes and falls asleep on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

“…wake him up?”

“No…. carry him.”

“Alright… go now.”

“Goodbye.”

Baekhyun can feel his body being lifted up by strong arms in bridal style. He slips in and out of  consciousness, so he struggles to open his eyes fully. He looks up with hooded eyes, and can see a silhouette carrying him up the stairs by the way his body moves up and down. 

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun mumbles.

“Shh, just sleep.”

Baekhyun nods and closes his eyes again, but can’t fall asleep fully by the constant moving of his body. He then feels himself being laid on something soft. Something warm surround his body soon after, and he unconsciously snuggles in to the source of the warmth. Before he falls asleep again, he can hear the deep voice he knows so well.

“Goodnight Baekhyun.”


Part two will be up soon! I just have to edit it first!

Visit me on Tumblr<3!