Take # 4 ~ Healing Time

Painting Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Take # 4

Healing Time

Vision is art of seeing what is invisible to others.

 

Very slowly and after putting effort– Baekhyun managed to open his eyelids. He observed his surroundings and he noticed that he was lying down and maybe a soft pillow under his neck was fixed. The ceiling was white but very high up. Tube lights shined right on top of his uncomfortable white bed. Baekhyun tilted his head down to see Hong Nari. Her eyes were focused on the phone screen and she didn't seem to notice that he had woken up.

"Oh." She said instantly when she spotted Baekhyun, she pushed her phone into the pocket of her pants and stood up from the chair and got closer to Baekhyun. Very carefully observing him. She squinted her eyes at him and trying to comprehend whether he was feeling okay or not. When Baekhyun saw her purse her lips thin, he opened his mouth.

"Where am I?" 

"Why don't you wake up and see for yourself, Mister." Her sassy voice sounded close to his ear and Baekhyun's lip curved into a smile. With much effort, he got up and found himself in Seoul's familiar hospital. The curtains were drawn around the bed and Baekhyun felt assured that no one would recognise him– or it would be a problem. "Are you feeling better now?" Hong Nari asked softly and took Baekhyun's hand casually, pressing it very gently. The action made Baekhyun's eyes grow wide. He swallowed and quickly withdrew his hand from her and earned a pouty scowl from the girl.

"I'm okay but..." He took a moment to pause and look at her concerned expression, she had her brows furrowed and it looked like she was impatient to hear his response– obviously he looked fine but she was still worrying for him. Not wanting to wait more he answered back, "I suppose I fainted on you, sorry." He bit his lip and felt the need to add more, "My head just feels a little dizzy and ahh... my throat." When Baekhyun said, Hong Nari's frown grew wide.

"What is it?" Baekhyun knew she was trying not to raise her voice but Baekhyun just wanted a moment to speak because in all honesty, his throat felt dry and in desperate need of water. He didn't say anything but grabbed the water bottle that he saw beside his bed on the table. Without saying anything, he twisted the top open and started pouring water down his throat. Hong Nari let out a sigh in defeat and said,

"You look fine but dang you got me worried when you suddenly fainted. What are you? An eighty year old man? Can't you even run? I didn't want to say this but you ran like a baby turtle." Baekhyun wasn't offended, he smiled at her because her attempt to make a joke was adorable and he appreciated it very much. He laughed and responded, "Not even a turtle, but a baby turtle." He chuckled harder and she smiled back at him.

"Doctor said that it was over working and ." Hong Nari growled, "He said you need to rest and gosh how stressed out are you?" Baekhyun grimaced when she mentioned the word stress.

"You do realise that stress is not good for you, right?" Baekhyun didn't pay attention to what she said because he couldn't get over the fact that she was with him– and very casual too. It was almost like he was getting scolded, not that he minded. He liked it. He didn't have anyone to scold him. He coughed when he thought about his ill-tempered manager.

"Stress is bad." Baekhyun simpered and scratched his head. It was probably late at night and when Baekhyun realised he picked up his cell phone. 

"I am thankful to you, Hong Nari-sshi. But, I think you should head back to your house now." 

"It's okay but I got so worried for you." It was like she was onto something, Baekhyun swung his legs to the side and slipped on his shoes. "I mean I did you such a great favour, and you're gonna let me go so easily." Baekhyun felt uneasy when she said let you go. 

"What's your point." Baekhyun felt that there was no need to beat around the bush and he said directly staring into her eyes. She smiled widely at him and Baekhyun's eyes glowed. How he longed to see that smile. 

"You owe me a date, Mr. Byun" Baekhyun laughed and took time to answer back, she was just the same as before– always straight to the point. 

"A date, you say?" She nodded back and Baekhyun scratched his chin, thinking about it. Of course, he'd say yes. He was more than happy to say yes to her, "With Seoul's famous artist."  Nari got confused when Baekhyun added. 

"You're just Byun Baekhyun." She answered back.

"Then why don't you call me that?" Nari was frozen and her eyes grew wide, she crossed arms over her chest and thought for a comeback.

"That's it...?" Baekhyun pursed his lips thin and bobbed his head.

"Call you by your name and you'll take me on a date." Baekhyun felt like she couldn't believe the whole situation, because obviously who would? He agreed to go out with her just like that. She shot for the moon and landed on the moon– and not among the stars. 

"Do you need me to write it?" Baekhyun smirked at her and she shook her head, still not understanding why he agreed to her.

"Okay, Baekhyun." She shivered when Nari said his name and Baekhyun did too– and he felt a lot more than just shivering. Nostalgia.

"Can I have your phone number?" Baekhyun said. Hong Nari fished out her cellphone in a hurry and gave it to Baekhyun. After a few moments, her phone rang and he cut of the call and was about to give it back when he mumbled, "Let me save it."

After typing something, Hong Nari was handed back her phone and her face lit up and she looked at Baekhyun, "Seriously?" 

He had saved his contact as, 'One Date' although he wanted it to be more than one. "Did I just hit the jackpot?" Nari muttered to herself before smiling. "You better keep your promise, kay?" 

"I will. I'm not the one to break promises."

 

Couple of days passed and there was no call from Nari. It frustrated Baekhyun, he wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter