Take # 3 ~ Devil's Screams

Painting Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Take # 3

Devil's Screams

 

Vision is art of seeing what is invisible to others.

"Baekhyun!" Tae Ho called his name as soon as he saw Baekhyun entering the lobby. Tae Ho had a frown on his face as he motioned Baekhyun to hurry up and get to him. Anxiousness filled Baekhyun second by second as he ran to his manager. 

"Yah! How come you're always so late to important event!" Tae Ho said in hushed voice, Baekhyun lifted his hand and gathered his breath. 

"Sorry, did I really come so late?" 

"... Not really but it has been ten minutes and you know Chairman's temper. Now wash your face quickly and get in."

When Baekhyun was done looking presentable, he opened the sliding door to see his father. Baekhyun quickly closed the door behind him and bowed kindly. From the corner of his eyes he could see his brother, Baek Beom smirking. Gosh, he hated the guy.

"Son. Come sit." In a old deep voice, Baekhyun's father gestured him to sit down on the pillow across from him and in front of the lowered Japanese table. Beom was on the right side, and his mother on the left. 

"I'm sorry for coming late, father." Baekhyun bowed while sitting down and saw the old man nodding his head. 

"I ordered your favorite." Baekhyun's mother said opening the pot and the fresh, appetizing fragrance of Udon erupted filling Baekhyun's nose-trills.

"I... Thank you." Baekhyun showed his gratitude and picked up the noodles from the chopsticks and pulled them to his bowl. He looked for his father's approval to taste and it was given by him.

When he ate, some slurpping sound was made and he bit his lip. His father laughed and said, "Eat comfortably." Baekhyun choked and swallowed his favorite kind of noodles. It wasn't that he didn't had any money to buy him that- he didn't have time, even right now he was starving. He hadn't tasted any food in all day.

"Baekhyun." Mrs. Baek calmly said her son's name and gathered his attention. Baekhyun swore he heard Beom chuckling. What was so funny? He had no idea. Everyone was acting so weird today.

"Yes, mom?" Baekhyun said and pressed his lips thin. Whatever it was, it was pretty serious. "You already know that you're brother's marriage with the daughter of Loops Corp. is canceled." Baekhyun bit his lip nervously and looked at Beom who was sitting comfortably with a smile on his face. It was enough for Baekhyun to think ... that things were not going to turn good for him.

"However, they are offering their younger daughter to you instead! Isn't that great! How fortunate, right darling?" Baekhyun's mom turned to his father and faked a smile. Baekhyun coughed with widened eyes. 

"W-What did you say, mother?" 

"It's even better. I always thought their other daughter wasn't pretty enough for our Beomie." His mother looked lovingly at his brother and Baekhyun wanted to rip his hair out.

"I... Are you telling me to get married to her... instead of hyung?" Baekhyun frowned when his mother nodded with a smile on her face as if it was something to be happy abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter