The Real Beginning

Operation Chrome
Tiffany was up bright and early, as always. She changed into her usual black blazer and pant ensemble and clipped on her gun holster. She went over and kicked the other agents awake one by one. "Yah, wake up all three of you. Time for work. Rise and shine." 
 
Breakfast was a simple affair. She downed a glass of milk and swallowed two slices of peanut butter jelly sandwich. 
 
She then went down to the dining hall to wait for her client. It appears that her client was already having her breakfast. As compared to Tiffany's peasant like breakfast, Taeyeon had a elaborate spread of food right in front of her. 
 
If Yoong and Sooyoung sees this spread of food, they are so gonna go crazy for it. 
 
To her disbelief, her (slightly) eccentric client decided to forgo the spread of food, opting instead for a bowl of Lucky charms with strawberry milk and chocolate sauce poured over it. Tiffany almost barfed at the disgusting concoction. 
 
Who the heck eats so much sweets for breakfast?!? It isn't even nutritious! Why would her housekeeper feed her such trash?
 
She had a lot of bones to pick over her client's choice of breakfast, but she knew it wasn't her place to. So she held her tongue and waited patiently for her to finish her breakfast. 
 
"Baby duck is finishing up her breakfast. Ready the car in 10." She whispered into her earpiece. 
 
Yup, baby duck is the call sign assigned to Taeyeon. (Think of call signs like code names.) Tiffany had thought of it last night after she noticed that the young mistress has got a thing for baby cartoon ducks. She thought it was a rather cute name to use and the other agents agreed to use it. 
 
"Roger Pink Pig." Yoona and Sooyoung's voice were heard almost instantaneously from her earpiece.
 
After nearly twenty minutes of standing and waiting for their dearest baby duck to finish eating her nasty, sugar laden bowl of cereal, Tiffany finally got her client onto her car. 
 
She tried to introduce Yoona, who was driving the car but as usual, she got ignored completely. Her client put on her headphones the moment she got onto the car. Feeling snubbed, she nevertheless managed a smile to her client before closing the car door behind her. 
 
Taeyeon was seated right beside her, looking blankly out of the window.
 
She hasn't spoken a single word to them thus far. 
 
Tiffany noticed the new dressing on her client's injured wrist. Seems like someone had changed the dressing for her. It wasn't wrapped as neatly as Tiffany would have liked it to be. She reminded herself to teach the housekeeper how to change dressings for Miss Kim when they got back later. 
 
Overall, the car journey went by smooth and quietly.
 
Since they weren't allowed inside the school compound, the agents had to settle on dropping their client outside the school. A staff will bring Taeyeon to her class. This arrangement didn't sit well with Tiffany. It presented an entire window of time where her client was alone. It was not a risk that Tiffany was willing to take. 
 
She reckons she will find a suitable time to speak to Mr Kim about this once he comes back.
 
"See you later, Miss Kim." She waved a little, trying her utmost best to be friendly. And then she bent down and whispered to her client, "If you are in any danger, call me. My number is 1 on the speed dial."
 
Tiffany watched as the staff push her client into the school.
 
==
 
"Now, this is literally the most boring part of every bodyguard assignment! Just sitting and waiting for the client for hours and hours can drive me crazy." Yoona complained. 
 
They had parked their cars right outside the school and settled for a drink at the cafe right opposite the school. From where she was sitting, Tiffany would be, at the very least, able to watch the entrance of the school.
 
"Yeah..." Sooyoung yawned and stretched lazily. "Five hours down, 15 minutes more to go."
 
"I thought you were supposed to be studying for your entrance test? How are you going to become a trainer officer at this rate?" Tiffany asked Yoona. 
 
"Unnieeeeee~" The woman whined. "Don't even remind me of the test. I'm so gonna fail."
 
"Ah, you this little..."Tiffany squeezed her junior's cheek."Then take all this time that you have now to study!
 
Yoona sighed dramatically. "It is harder than it sounds."
 
"Nothing comes easy, Yoong." She looked at her watch. "Come on, it's almost time to pick Miss Kim up."
 
They walked over to where their car was parked. 
 
"Yoong and Soo, the two of you drive the car to the front pouch of the school, I will walk over  first just in case Miss Kim is out early."
 
She brisked walked over and waited patiently for her client. 
 
Minutes later, the same staff came out pushing Taeyeon. Tiffany smiled and thanked the staff before quickly pushing Taeyeon's wheelchair into the car.
 
It was the start of another quiet journey, with Taeyeon listening to her music, Tiffany staring into blank space and Yoona driving.
 
Tiffany was just thinking of what to eat for dinner when.... 
 
A loud thud was heard from the top of the car. It felt like someone had dropped something right on the top of their car. The loudness of the impact shocked her client who immediately lets out an audible gasp and looked visibly startled. Instinctively, Tiffany pulled her client closer to her while looking outside the window for any potential source of danger. 
 
"Yoong! Don't stop driving. Keep moving. Hurry back to the nest!"
 
"Pink Pig to Leggy! What is happening! Can you see anything from where you are?" Tiffany shouted into her earpiece. "Drive closer to us and take a look!" 
 
Still holding onto her client, Tiffany tried to look out of the window to see what's going on. She saw nothing. The road was quiet, save for Sooyoung who was driving behind them. 
 
"Leggy to Pink Pig. No, there is no one nearby. I suspect someone dropped a crate onto the top of your car while we passed by the overhead bridge. I can't tell what exactly it is though it looks like blood?"
 
"What! A crate?" From the inside, Tiffany could see red liquid trickling down from the top of their car. She swiftly concluded that it was from the crate that just dropped on the top of their car. She doesn't know what it is, but it sure looked like blood. 
 
Taeyeon was shaking in her hold. Tiffany noticed her client's trembling fingers tightening around the hem of her sweater. The poor girl was obviously shaken by the unexpected turn of events.  
 
"It's okay, it's okay. We are reaching home." She tried to reassure her client and pat her back in an attempt to soothe her. The last thing Tiffany needed right now was a full blown mental breakdown from her client. 
 
She made sure she held on to Taeyeon all the way until they reached home. 
 
When the car finally stopped in front of the lobby of the mansion, Tiffany didn't wait a single moment. She immediately carried her client up from the wheelchair, out of the red stained car, and brought her to her bedroom. 
 
She settled her down on the bed. 
 
"Are you feeling okay?" She asked her client softly and gently. 
 
"I-I.." Taeyeon tried to form sentences but to no avail. She was still shaking from earlier. 
 
"It's okay. You're safe now. I'm here to protect you." Tiffany pulled the blanket up for her. "Relax and breathe in slowly." 
 
By now the housekeeper and butler had already heard of the incident and rushed frantically into the bedroom. When they started fussing over their young mistress's well being, Tiffany knew her job was done, she was no longer needed here. She quietly made her way out after making sure Taeyeon had calmed down considerably. 
 
==
 
"What liquid is this?"
 
She examined the car. The top of the car is slightly scratched up by the impact of the crate and stained by the red liquid.
 
"Seems like its just red paint. They were trying to make the liquid look like blood."
 
"What the ." Tiffany cursed. "This isn't even funny." 
 
"Yeah. I have spoke to Seohyun and asked if she could get us the camera footage from the overhead bridge. Maybe we will get a shot of the culprit." Yuri replied. 
 
"Hopefully. I don't think this is an accident. Seems like someone was waiting for us. They knew exactly where we were, down to the exact route that we are taking and the exact time that we passed by. I don't like the thought of it. This is bad news."
 
"Who could it be though?" Sooyoung asked. 
 
"I wish I knew. Hopefully Seohyun can narrow it down for us. In the meantime, let's not let our guards down." 
 
"Yes Boss. I will chase Seohyun for it. How is she holding up? She looked terrified in the car earlier." Yuri asked. 
 
"She is understandably shaken by it. But she is in good hands now, everyone is fussing over her. I still can't believe this happened on our first day of duty." 
 
"This is definitely a first for me." Yoona replied.
 
"Me too." Sooyoung quipped.
 
"We had a long day, go and get some rest. Yuri, you're on night duty with me tonight." Tiffany sighed and continued. "Now I need to go give a call to Mr Kim to report the incident to him. Wish me luck girls."