Second Contact

Operation Chrome
a/n: A short FILLER CHAPTER for the next chapter.
 
Her second contact with her client went about in a relatively unremarkable manner. Tiffany was certainly not going to complain about that, not after the mess of this morning.
 
She was in the midst of briefing her agents about the client's mental condition when she received a call from the butler, requesting for her to make her way to Miss Kim's bedroom.
 
"I would have waited another day to introduce you to Taeyeon but I am flying out of the country tomorrow. I think it is better for me to introduce you to her before I leave. She isn't exactly fond of strangers." Mr Kim had told her. 
 
Tiffany wanted to reply that she had noticed it from the way her client had tried to throw punches at her earlier this morning but she held her tongue. 
 
She entered the bedroom extra cautiously, keeping a look out for any potential vases thrown her way. 
 
But there she was, her tiny client resting peacefully on her bed, watching the Sunday cartoons playing on her wide flat screen TV. She was dressed in a matching set of pajamas with tiny baby ducks dotted all over it. Tiffany found the stark contrast between her client right now and this morning to be rather amusing. 
 
"Good evening." She bowed. 
 
"Good evening. Darling, remember I told you about your new friends? This is Tiffany, she is going to be your new bodyguard."
 
The girl shifted her attention away from the TV to face her new bodyguard.
 
The young mistress examined her from head to toe. Her deep black eyes peering deeply into Tiffany's, as if looking into her soul. There was an inexplicable tinge of sadness behind those eyes, Tiffany observed. 
 
At this point, Tiffany was half expecting her to throw the remote controller at her face. But then in a very anti climatic way, she turned her attention back to her Sunday cartoons. 
 
Her father tried to alleviate the awkwardness. "Well then Agent Hwang, why don't you introduce yourself to Taeyeon?"
 
"Sure." Tiffany was getting nervous in front of her client and she doesn't even know why. "You can call me Tiffany if you uh, you know, dislike being formal. But of course! You certainly stick with Agent Hwang. Agent Hwang or Tiffany whichever you like."
 
She paused for awhile, waiting for a reaction. When she got none, she continued. 
 
"I am on duty 24 hours a day so if you require any assistance, press the button with the red sticker on the phone beside your nightstand. There are three other agents that you might see from time to time. I will get them to introduce themselves to you in due time. Your safety is our top priority and you can rest assure that we will do our best." 
 
Still no reaction.
 
So her father took over the reins. 
 
"So darling, Agent Hwang is here to protect you. You will listen well to her alright?" 
 
Once again, there was not much of a reaction from the girl as she focused on her cartoons but Tiffany swore she saw the slightest hint of a nod from her client. 
 
Whatever, whether her client likes her or not, Tiffany Hwang is here to do her job. 
 
== 
 
All in all, their first day at Kim's residence ended in relative calm, disregarding the little outburst earlier in the morning. 
 
The agents had gathered in the office to go through tomorrow's agenda. Tomorrow would be their first official, official day of work. It would be the first time they are escorting their client to school. Kim Taeyeon is a final year arts major. That means she is only two years younger than Tiffany and one year younger than the trio. 
 
Tiffany and the other agents had skipped college completely, opting instead for a career with the government right out of high school. She was never academically inclined and so Tiffany never regretted her decision to switch books for guns. 
 
"Yoona will be driving the bat car tomorrow. Sooyoung, you will drive the second car. Yuri you will stay at the office to monitor and as backup." 
 
The bat car in question referred to the car that their client would be taking. It isn't an ordinary car. Not only were the windows specially reinforced against bullets, the back of the car was retrofitted such that Taeyeon's wheelchair fits nicely inside. 
 
"Just a quick question, is the school the only stop we are making for the rest of the week?"
 
"Seems to be. There will be a trip to the hospital next week though. It appears that the only places that she goes to is the school, hospital and home."
 
"That's so sad and depressing! Does she ever go out?" Yoona commented.
 
"Don't be disrespectful, Yoona. Remember I told you to be extra sensitive? You wouldn't want to let Miss Kim hear this." Tiffany replied sternly.  "Mental illness isn't something to make fun of. Let's all maintain our professionalism."
 
"Yes Unnie. Sorry." Yoona apologised. 
 
==
 
"Is everything ready?"
 
"Yes Sir. Our men are ready. Tomorrow is her first day with her new bodyguards." 
 
"Well then, let's give them a warm welcome tomorrow should we?" 
 
"Most definitely. You can always count on us." 
 
The man nodded and smirked. "But don't overdo it. We need to keep her alive for now. So that her dearest father will listen to us."