Six

Road To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was at the point in her breakup where she didn't want to go out. Food deliveries in front of the television was much more her style. She didn't want to force conversation with her friends nor did she want people to see how pathetic she knew she was.

 

Even though she had been the one to initiate the breakup, it didn't mean Wendy wasn't hurting. She wouldn't have broken up with Irene if she knew it wasn't the right thing to do. Long distance relationships were and she knew, deep down, it was best for both of them. Two and a half months later, though, and Wendy was still sulking the days away. She had watched the entire series of Game of Thrones, mastered the best food take outs options in the entire city, and reorganized every DVD in the entire apartment. It wasn't something she was proud of, but at the time, it was her way of coping.

 

Her friends all dealt with her in different ways. Whenever they would invite Wendy out, she would come up with some outlandish excuse in order to avoid it at all costs. Joy had continued to invite her out time and time again with the most optimistic attitude possible, never growing angry with Wendy when she denied the invitation. Amber would watch as her friends continued to invite Wendy places, but would always assure Wendy that it was okay to take her time. Moonbyul would bring up Irene in conversations unintentionally, which always put Wendy in a mood.

 

Seulgi, though, always wanted Wendy to come out. No matter how Wendy was feeling that day, Seulgi did everything in her power to get Wendy out of the place. Over time, Wendy had grown so fed up with Seulgi asking that she finally agreed to join Seulgi and her girlfriend, Krystal on a night out for dinner. It was a small step to most, but it felt like leaps and bounds for Wendy.

 

As the three sat down for dinner at one of their go-to spots off campus, Wendy finally felt a calmness come over her. There was no pressure from any of her friends and she knew it would be a nice night out with Seulgi and Krystal. When the waitress came back with their drinks, Wendy let out a content sigh.

 

"Thank you," Wendy began, raising her glass to the couple in front of her.

 "Thanks for getting me out of the apartment. I was beginning to forget what the rest of the world looked like outside of the university buildings," Wendy joked, letting out a small smile.

 

"No problem," Seulgi said, raising her glass as well. Wendy took a sip from her glass as she watched Seulgi's eyes trail to the doorway, nudging Krystal beside her. Bringing the glass down to the table, her eyes trailed Krystal as she made her way to the doorway, hugging someone near the door. As she moved aside, Wendy's heart sunk in her chest as her heart began to race. The hair of the girl matched almost identically to the Irene's; for a moment, Wendy thought she was actually back at university with her. She let out a sigh as she looked over at Seulgi, who was peering tentatively at Wendy.

 

"What?" Wendy questioned, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

 

Seulgi let out a breath before placing her glass down on the table. "That's Jisoo," Seulgi whispered, jerking her head toward the doorway.

 

With Wendy's heart still pounding in her chest, she refused to look back toward the entrance of the restaurant. She didn't want to be reminded of the girl for whom she still pined. "Brilliant," She replied monotonously, bringing the beer to her lips as Seulgi kept her gaze on Wendy. "Bloody hell, what is it?"

 

"She's joining us," Seulgi quickly stated. "I just thought-"

 

"Don't," Wendy warned, placing her glass on the table. For a moment, she half expected herself to get up and walk straight out the door, not glancing behind her once. Part of her even thought about reaching across the table and slamming her fist into Seulgi' jaw. But it was too late for any of her options as Krystal brought Jisoo over to their table.

 

"Wendy, this is Jisoo," Krystal introduced, a hesitant smile on her lips.

 

"Hello, please to meet you," Wendy spoke as politely as she could.

 

Jisoo blushed and tucked her hair behind her ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter