Cuatro

Road To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi! Enjoy the weekend and the this chapter XD 

PS: A N G S T :)

 

 

 

It wasn't supposed to end like this. Wendy and Irene never fought with each other, no matter how stupid or thoughtless the other was being. If they did, they were supposed to come back together, figure out their problems, and work through them. Things weren't supposed to crumble the way they had, pieces of their relationship falling to the side like dust in the wind.

 

And it all began with three little words.

 

"Don't freak out."

 

Wendy's mischievous eyes glared at Irene, a smirk playing on her lips. "What are you hiding?"

 

"Wendy, I'm being serious," she replied, crossing her legs on the bed.

 

Wendy sat across from her, still not understanding the seriousness of the conversation. Once Wendy noticed her change of position, she mimicked her body language; she crossed her legs, set her hands in her lap, and looked over at her. "So am I," She teased, entangling her hands together in her lap.

 

A moment later, Irene glanced away from her, looking out the window of Wendy's bedroom. The smile soon diminished from Wendy's face as she watched Irene bite down on her lip, taking a deep breath before looking back at her. "You know New York City?"

 

"One of the biggest cities in the world? Yeah, I'd say I've heard of it," Wendy replied with a laugh, unsure of where the conversation was headed.

 

"I applied to a fashion based university out there a couple months ago," Irene explained. "It was a long shot, but my advisor said to go for it, you know? What harm would it do if I didn't get in?" She averted her eyes, focusing her gaze on her hands. "Well, it turns out that I actually got accepted."

 

Wendy's ears perked, leaning closer to Irene than she was before. "To a university in New York City?"

 

"New York School of Arts and Design," she noted, nodding her head before bringing her eyes back to Wendy's. "It's one of the top fashion design schools in the world. Some of the best designers are based out of New York City and have even studied at Parsons."

 

"Have you already decided, then?" Wendy asked immediately, her eyebrows furrowed. Her original playful tone had been replaced by a harsh one. "That you're going?"

 

"You have to understand," Irene began, reaching for Wendy's hand. "This opportunity comes once in a lifetime. I applied when we just started dating, I didn't know this would happen."

 

"Yet you didn't think it would be necessary to mention it to me?" Wendy countered frustrated, releasing Irene's hand from her and wiping it on her jeans. Her palms felt sweaty; now that she thought about it, though, her entire body was heated. The blood in her system was boiling from anger and confusion. Despite the fact that she and Irene had been together for less than a year, she thought she could trust her. She thought they told each other everything. Clearly, all she thought was wrong.

 

"We never talked much about the future," Irene a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter