Uno

Road To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Another shot for the birthday girl!"

Joy shouted while handing Wendy a shot of vodka. A round of loud cheers boomed through the small apartment. Wendy grinned at her friends then raise her drink. The others in the kitchen filled their glasses as well, and on que raise their glasses and everyone shouted “Cheers!”

On the night of her 19th birthday, Wendy was thankful to be spending it with the people whom she cherish and the ones who were close to her heart. Instead of going out to the bars like they usually do on birthdays, they decide to enjoy it in the comfort of Joy's apartment. As she looked around the kitchen at the rosy cheeks of her closest friends, she knew this where she'd rather be.

"Yes!"

 Joy exclaimed once they finished the shot, slamming the small glass down on the counter. As the group began to disperse, Joy moved across the group to put her arm around Wendy's shoulders.

"How're you feeling, Wen?"

"Great, i feel grand!," she responded with a large grin. "Thanks again for this party."

"Oh please," a certain brunette said while making her way to the two,

"As if Joy was the one who planned it."

"Shut up!" Joy glared, shoving Seulgi on the side.

"We all planned it, right guys?"

There was a murmur of yeses from the girls surrounding Wendy. As looked around the apartment, she saw Seulgi roll her eyes, Momo nod like a madman, Moonbyul shrug her shoulders, and Joy point to herself as if she was the one who planned the entire thing. Wendy couldn't help but laugh and shake her head.

"I really don't give a who planned it, I'm just happy it happened. Thanks, guys."

Wendy raised her cup to them and finished the remainder of her beer.

"Oh Yeah!" Seulgi cheered, clasping Wendy's shoulder. "Want another one?" she asked, grabbing the cup from Wendy's hand without waiting for her response.

"Yeah, thanks bear," Wendy responded, letting Seulgi walk away with her cup.

"So," Joy began, a -eating grin filling her face. With her arm still around Wendy's shoulder, the two staggered as they took a step away from the kitchen. Wendy began giggling and holding onto Joy to ensure they didn't fall to the beer covered ground.

". Hope we don't run into any cops tonight and they ask us to walk a straight line. We can't even take one step without stumbling," Joy laughed.

Wendy snorted, removing Joy's arm from her body. "We?" she bantered. "Watch and learn."

Wendy took a step into the hallway leading the kitchen to the living room. Thankfully for Wendy, there were only a few party-goers lingering in the hallway. She spread her arms out wide and stared down at the ground. Placing one foot in front of the other, Wendy attempted to walk in a straight line.

"Yah! You can't look down," Joy called from behind her.

"Shut up, I can do whatever I want" Wendy responded, though she reluctantly moved her eyes up. She stared straight in front of her, taking slow and steady steps in what, to her, seemed like a perfectly straight line. After a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter