Special Chapter

Stay With Me

 

“Hyukkie, I’m really sorry. But I’m going out with Jess tonight. I’ll meet you tomorrow okay? You’re not going anywhere is it?”

“No. Never mind then,”

And just like that, he hung up the phone. He is really mad at me right now. Hyukjae, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. I have something more interesting for you. And you shouldn’t know it. It’s all a surprise. Just wait and see.

It’s been almost a month since he became my boyfriend. We are inseparable now. And honestly, I love him more and more each day. I should’ve give him the chance from the beginning, but since I wasn’t ready to let Siwon go, I rejected him over and over again. I am thankful that I finally realized that I really love him and I can’t live without him. And yes, I am thankful that he still accepted me even though I hurt him so many times before. Others won’t, but I know my Hyukjae will still accept me.

A few minutes after that I received a text message from him.

Sorry that I hung up without saying goodbye. Happy new year, Fany. See you tomorrow – Hyukjae

I smiled. I know he won’t be mad at me for so long. I don’t mind if he’s mad at me but I’ll make sure he won’t be mad anymore in a few more hours.

 

It’s 8.00 p.m. now. I’m almost done with the preparation. A few more hours until New Year. And here I am, in my apartment alone preparing a surprise for someone special. Yes, I’m alone in the apartment. I’m not going out with Jessica. That was just an excuse to Hyukjae. Why would Jessica spend her new year with me anymore, she already got her boyfriend and I got mine too. I chuckled.  

I took out the cake from the oven. I’m not good in cooking though, but today I tried baking. I baked a strawberry cake for Hyukjae and I begin to decorate the cake with some toppings. I then prepared the coffee table in the living hall. I placed the cake in the middle of the table. After that, I decorated the wall with a banner that writes ‘First New Year Together. Happy New Year, Hyukkie,’. I am satisfied with all of the preparation though. It may not be perfect but I hope he likes it. I tried my hardest to do all of this for him. I even had to lie to him for this.

I took a glance at the clock and realized it’s already 10.00 p.m. Wow, that was long. I feel tired but I can’t stop smiling. I hope he’ll like it. I went for shower and begin to dress up. I picked a pink flowery dress. I want to make this as simple as possible, yet the sweetest thing ever.

 

I finished with everything and it’s 11.00 p.m. I reached for my phone and called Hyukjae. At the first try, he didn’t pick up the phone. I tried for almost three times and yet, he’s not answering my calls. I started to feel worried now. I sent him a text asking him to call me as soon as he read the text.

I waited for almost five minutes and still, he didn’t replied yet. I made up my mind and called his house. Few rings and he finally answered the phone.

“Hello?” his greeted. His voice sounds hoarse. Maybe he just woke up!

“Hyukkie...” I tried to make a sad voice.

“Fany! What’s wrong?” he sounds worried now. Good, just like what I planned.

“Come to my place now,” and with that I hung up the phone. I smiled. I know he’ll come. I know he won’t be late. Just like the time when I called him and he came running to my house despite the fact that he was sick.

10 minutes after that, I heard the bell ringing continuously. I went to open the door and smiled. Hyukjae was standing right in front of my door with a worried face and he’s panting. Right when he saw my face, he hugged me tightly.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me with a very worried voice. Oh, how I love this guy.

I broke the hug, closed the door and pulled him to the living hall. He was surprised when he saw the decorated hall. It took him a few minutes until he realized that I did all of this to surprise him. He finally smile at me. He knocked me on the head with his knuckles.

“I thought something was wrong with you! Why do you have to make me worried like this? All of the time? Stop giving me heart attack!” he sighed but still not putting off his smile. I can see that he actually loved the surprise.

“You like it?” I asked him. He ignored my question and wander around the living hall. He then saw the cake that I baked on the coffee table in the living hall. He kneeled and started to look at the cake in amazement.

“You baked this?” he asked in disbelief. I reply to his question with a nod.

“You really baked this? It’s safe to eat right?” he asked me again. I blushed to his comment. He’s trying to tease me by asking if it’s really safe for him to eat the cake or not. I then shot him with a deathly glare. Finally he stopped teasing me and smiled while patting my head.

“You did a good job,” he finally said.

I cut the cake and serve the cake to him. He took a bite and now he’s complimenting me.

“This is so delicious Fany,” I blushed. I can feel my cheeks burning now.

“Well, it’s because I made it with love,” I replied to him and chuckled.  

Not so long after that, we heard the sound of fireworks. I pulled him to the balcony of my apartment and we both stared at the fireworks. Suddenly, he touched my cheek and pulled my face so that I’m facing him.

“Happy new year, Fany!” he wished me with his signature gummy smile.

“Happy new year, Hyukjae!” I replied to him with a smile. My eyes curved into a crescent shape.

“I’ve always wanted to celebrate my new year with someone special. I thought I’ll have to wait for next year for this but you came out with this surprise. Thank you so much. Thanks for loving me, Fany. Thanks for giving me the chance. It’s only been a month but I am so happy with all of this. Stay with me, Hwang Tiffany, forever,”

I was so touched with his words. I looked at him into his eyes.

“Thanks for loving this surprise Hyukjae. I love you so much, you know that right? I hope you’ll always stay by my side. Standing by me and take care of me. I promise to do the same too Hyukkie. Thanks for bringing back my happiness. Thanks for being the...”

My words were cut off when something touched my lips. My eyes widen with the sudden kiss from him. This is our first kiss. I can feel his lips curving into a smile and soon after that he pulled off the kiss.

“Don’t thank me, Fany. I should thank you, for all of this. You’re my life, you know I can never go on without you,”

I blushed. I was still shocked with the sudden kiss. I just nodded and he patted my head while saying, “Good girl,” continuously. I pulled him back to the living hall and took a seat. He laid his head on my laps and looked at me. I played with his blond hair and we stayed like that while talking to each other for the whole night until we both fall asleep, with his head on my lap and our hands intertwined to each other.

The night was ours.

Hyukjae, I love you. So much. More than words can say. 

 

________________________________________________

This is it. I hope this is not that disappointing because I did this in one hour. Kind of rushing to finish this cause I am on my way of writing a new fanfic about them too. I got 2 more days before college started and I planned on writing one before college starts. I can post the chapter anytime though, but I need to finish it first. Lol. See you guys soon, I'll post it when I'm finished the new fanfic