The Past

Stay With Me

 

A few days passed by. It’s been two weeks now. I’m still weak. I don’t feel like getting better at all. I locked myself in the room. No one visited me, it’s just Jessica. This is the same feeling, no, it’s worse than before. I never locked myself up in the room last time.

My mind is filled with Hyukjae. I keep on thinking of him. I hardly think about Siwon now. I don’t even know why. It seems like I already let him go. But why is this more painful than the first one? Am I falling that hard for Hyukkie?

I finally decided, I am going to call Hyukkie. I missed him so much that maybe, by hearing his voice can make me feel better. At least I hope so. I dialed his number and the line is connected. I’m waiting for him to pick up the phone. It didn’t took that long for him to answer the phone call though.

“Hello?”

I feel better. Just by hearing that one word from him. Without any warning, a tear dropped. I just missed him so much. It took no time for the tears to fall and soon after that I heard myself sobbing. I tried my hardest to control it. I don’t want him to worry.

“Fany? Hello?” he said again. I covered my mouth with my hand, I wish that he didn’t hear that I’m crying over here. I can’t think of any word right now. I wish he’s right in front of and I’ll just hug him.

“Fany? Yah? Are you okay? Hello? Say something please, Fany!” he sounds so worried right now. I can’t think of anything and I just ended the call. I can’t talk to him, I don’t know what am I supposed to tell him.

Tell him that I miss him? Tell him that I’m stupid for letting him go? Tell him that he’s driving me crazy? Tell him that I am sick for two weeks because of him? I would, if only I have the courage.

Not so long after that, I received a text message from him.

“Hwang Tiffany, are you okay? Please tell me you’re okay. I’m coming to your house now, I’m on my way – Hyukjae”

My eyes grew wider. He’s coming to my house? He doesn’t even know that I was sick, and he’s coming over? I didn’t know what to do right now. I can’t go and open the door, he would be surprised if he saw me like this. Pale and weak and puffy eyes.

It doesn’t take him long to reach my house. I heard the bell ringing continuously. I freeze myself. I didn’t move at all. I just stayed there. I heard him shouting for me. I leave my room and went to the front door. I know I won’t open the door though. I just sat there, my back facing the door. I heard him, I heard him clearly. He was calling my name, asking me to come out and open the door.

He keeps on calling me for about five minutes but I just stayed there. Crying. The way he begged for me to open the door just breaks my heart. He stopped not so long after that and I heard a loud thump on the door. And with that I heard something fell. No, it was someone. It was him. I heard that. I’m sure he’s leaning to the door right now.

“Fany... Open the door, please. I’m leaving if you don’t open the door now. Don’t make me worried please. I came running all the way to your house and you’re ignoring me,” his voice cracks. I could tell he’s crying.

I stood up, ready to turn the door knob when I heard his footsteps. Leaving. He’s leaving. I was trembling at that moment. I can’t hear his footsteps anymore. By that moment, I finally realized everything. He left. He really left this time. Just like Siwon.

_____FLASHBACK_____

“Fany! Stay there, I’m coming!” Siwon shouted from across the road. I just nodded at him and waited for the traffic light to turn red. He ran to me as soon as the traffic light turned red and with that I heard a long honk from a car. I heard screeching sound from the car, maybe the driver tried to stop the car but it was too late. I saw Siwon lying on the road with blood all over him. This is wrong. This is not real. This is just a nightmare.

I quickly ran to him and put his head on my lap. I was holding his hand tightly, as if saying he’s going to be okay. I didn’t cry at that time, I was too shocked. I just hold his hand tightly and keep on saying he’s going to be okay.

“Fany, do remember that I love you. So much. I told you that I’m going to love you until the day that I die, I’m keeping the promise,” he smiled. I don’t know why, it makes me so angry.

“Who told you that you’re going to die Choi Siwon? You’re going to be okay. Don’t joke around please,” I shouted at him. I know he’s hurt but I’m hurt too. It’s not that he’s dying. I know he will go through this.

“I can’t live. I know I won’t make it, Fany. Promise me you’ll lead your life happily even though I won’t be there with you. Find someone else who can love you more than I do. I love you,”

With that, he left. He stopped breathing. He died. I was hugging him and screaming for him to wake up and stop all of this joke. I don’t remember anything after that. I woke up the next morning just to find myself lying in the hospital’s bed with Hyukjae beside me.

___________________

That was the start of my gloomy life. I was down for months and there was Hyukjae and Jessica. They keeps on helping me to get out from the depression. They helped me a lot. Hyukjae never forget to come over to my house and accompany me for a few hours. Watching movie together, or even just staying there, doing nothing but look after me. He make sure that I’m okay. He never left. 

 

___________________

Updated! The last chapter will be on it's way soon. Maybe tonight? We'll see. I'm going out today so I'll try my hardest to post the last chapter soon. I kind of hate this chapter though. Psh. I told you guys this fanfic is not as good as the first one though. So yeah. Sorry >.< It's not that the first one was so good, but I personally think it is. Lol.

Do comment okay? Thanks!