Chapter 3

The Mask

Chapter 3

-6 months later-

Heechul and Leeteuk had been busy attending the school of the arts for a good 5 months now and their term break was just coming up.

“Hyung!” Heechul yelled as he skipped over to where Leeteuk was waiting for him. Over the past few months Leeteuk and Heechul had always chose to walk home together considering that the time both of the classes ended were similar to each other. “Hi Chullie, how was school?” Leeteuk asked. “Fine, can you believe it’s already term break so what will we be doing for the next 3 months?” Heechul answered. “Hmm I’m not sure but let’s think about it when we get home alright?” Leeteuk said he continued walking.

[ Back home]

Heechul was currently unpacking his bag in his room while Leeteuk was preparing their dinner. Suddenly he came across a folded piece of paper at the bottom of his bag. ‘What’s this?’ Heechul thought as he unfolded that piece of paper.

‘Join our annual masquerade event at Leon Park. Get ready to experience a night of music, dance and mysterious romance. Grab a mask and you’re all set, what are you waiting for? Meet you there on 2 November, 1900 hours and let the fun and games begin!’

‘Well this looks interesting’ Heechul thought as he went off to find Leeteuk. “Hyung look what I found!” Heechul said as he passed the paper to Leeteuk. Leeteuk skimmed over the paper for a moment before replying. “This certainly looks interesting, 2nd November huh, that’s 2 weeks away. I guessed we can finally put the masks that we bought during the festival to use.” Leeteuk said handing the piece of paper back to Heechul. “I can’t wait for us to go there hyung, do you know that they have a super big castle in Leon park, I wonder if they will be holding the ball in it?” Heechul stated. “Hmm maybe, well we’ll find out when we get there won’t we.” Leeteuk said as he started browsing through a few books to see if there were anything interesting to do during their break.

-2 weeks later-

Leeteuk and Heechul walked nervously as they headed towards Leon park. Even though they were 500 metres away, they could clearly see a magnificent castle towering over them. People dressed in dashing suits, extravagant dresses and intricate masks passed by them towards the castle. Of course, both were undefeated in the looks department. Leeteuk was clad in a stunning black suit with a contrasting white undershirt. A beautiful blue rose pin right above his pocket complimented the sapphire blue mask he was holding in his hands. Heechul was no slouch either, dressed in a completely different colour scheme compared to his hyung, a pristine white suit covered his body. A scarlet rose was pinned onto his suit that likewise matched his red mask. “Ready?” Leeteuk asked as he brought his hands up to his chest, mask parallel to the ground. Heechul gave his hyung a silent nod as he put his mask on. Leeteuk repeated Heechul’s actions before both headed towards the castle. Nobody knew that this night would change their lives forever.