Chapter 2

The Mask

Chapter 2

“Wow hyung look at all the beautiful lights!” Heechul exclaimed as he walked along the pavement excitedly. Different stalls were littered along the sidewalk, each stall offering a variety of snacks, souvenirs and games. “Look hyung!” Heechul said pointing to some children lining up to play a game of darts, “I wanna play that!” “Those are for kids Heechul, you’re already 19 years old.” Leeteuk said while rolling his eyes. “But it’s fun and you know I love games.” Heechul pouted. “Fine, but don’t take too long. I’ll be over there if you need me.” Leeteuk said pointing to a stall selling masks. Heechul simply nodded before taking off. “What a kid.” Leeteuk muttered under his breath as he sauntered to the mask stall. Leeteuk looked around the stall before picking up a mask that only covered up to one’s eyes. Sapphire blue embellishments covered the sides before fading away at the nose. Intricate feathers lined the nose bridge to the forehead before connecting to a deep blue crystal at each cheek. “A beauty isn’t it.” A voice brought Leeteuk out of his fascination. Turning his head to the right, Leeteuk’s eyes fell onto a beautiful blond with wavy long hair that framed her petite face, she was wearing a simple green sundress and a pair of pale blue flats that highlighted her blue irises. “Is there something on my face?” she asked. Realising that he had been staring, Leeteuk blushed and hurriedly turned away. “Sorry for staring and there’s nothing on your face.” Leeteuk replied, eyes fixated on the floor. The girl simple chuckled, “That’s a beautiful mask you have there.” “Oh it’s not mine, I was just browsing through the store.” Leeteuk said. “Is that so, I guess it’s mine now then.” She said as she promptly took the mask out of his hand and headed to the counter. “Hey you can’t do that I was looking at it first!” Leeteuk said as he shook his hands at her. “Well it’s too bad, first come first serve!” she teased as she proceeded to pay for the mask. “Hmph!” Leeteuk said as he crossed his arms and looked away. “And now that it’s mine here,” she said as she handed the paper bag containing the mask over to Leeteuk. “Huh? But it’s yours?” Leeteuk asked as he gave her a confused expression that looked strangely like a lost puppy. She giggled before placing the bag into Leeteuk’s palm. “Consider it a meeting gift.” She said as she walked out of the stall. “Wa…Wait! I’m Leeteuk, what's your name?” Leeteuk asked. “I’m sure we’ll meet again, till then shhh…” she said as she put a finger onto her lips to form a hush sign. “Wait that doesn’t answer my question!” Leeteuk yelled as he ran out of the stall to find her only lose her in the crowd.

 

“Who was that hyung?” Heechul asked as he walked over to Leeteuk with a stick of sausages in one hand. “I don’t know, I was looking at a mask when she said that she wanted that mask and after she bought it she gave it to me saying it was a meeting gift and that I’ll see her again.” Leeteuk explained. “Wow hyung you got yourself a girlfriend not even a day after we’ve arrived here, what a player! Hyung you must teach me your tricks so that I can get myself a girlfriend too!” Heechul yelled excitedly. “Yah what girlfriend! We just met and I’m not a player!” Leeteuk shouted as he knocked Heechul’s head. “Argh hyung that hurts!” Heechul pouted as he massaged his forehead. “And how are you not a player, you managed to get a present from her on your first meeting!” “My hyung is a player! My hyung is a player!” Heechul shouted as he ran around the stall repeating the same sentence. “YOU!!!” Leeteuk yelled as he stomped over to Heechul and held him in a chokehold and clamped his mouth shut. “Mmmphh...mhphh…. mhmmphh!” Heechul let out incoherent words as he struggled against his hyung. “I’ll let you go if you keep your mouth shut and calm down.” Leeteuk said to Heechul. Heechul struggled for a few seconds before he gave up. Finally, Leeteuk let go of Heechul and crossed his arms in front of him. “Blahh hyung your hands taste disgusting!” Heechul said as he wiped his tongue with his hand and glared at Leeteuk. Leeteuk simply “Hmph!” before turning away. Realising that everyone in the stall were looking at them, Leeteuk turned red with embarrassment. “Umm I’m sorry for the noise we made…” Leeteuk apologised as he gave them a sheepish smile before turning around to find Heechul.  “Let’s go Heechul!” Leeteuk said as he pulled Heechul away from the counter where he was purchasing a red mask. “Wait hyung! Thanks!” Heechul managed to thank the stall owner and grab his mask before he was dragged out of the stall.

 

Age

Leeteuk: 20

Heechul: 19

 

 

 

 

Hi guys I'm finally back, sorry for the long wait. I will not be writing a long note today but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Just a fun fact, I designed Leeteuk's mask because of ELF's fandom colour which is sapphire blue. Was it too noticeable? And I chose the colour red for Heechul because he likes red. Anyways I'm sorry for taking so long and I'll try to update sooner. Till next time bye! :)