Chapter 1

The Mask

Chapter 1

-Year 1796, 12 August, Saturday-

“Hyung aren’t you excited? This is the first time we’ll be going overseas, sure it’s to further our studies but still isn’t it exciting, I can’t wait to be in Georgia.” Heechul said as he ran around the house searching for things to put into his already bursting trunk. Leeteuk smiled at his younger brother’s antics. “Calm down Heechul, I know you’re excited but can’t you see that your trunk is already overflowing? Besides we can always buy anything we need when we reach Georgia.” “I know hyung but what if they don’t sell what I need in Georgia? For example this shampoo, you know I have a sensitive scalp and furthermore where else will they sell shampoo that smells like lavender and rose?” Heechul replied. Leeteuk rolled his eyes before answering, “Umm anywhere?”. “I don’t care, I only want to use this shampoo and there’s still plenty of space in your trunk, I’m pretty sure you won’t be using it anyway.” Heechul said as he walked into the bathroom and came out a second later with an armful of shampoo bottles before dumping them into Leeteuk’s trunk. “Chullie! I still need that space for the rest of my clothes!” Leeteuk said as he tried to remove a bottle only to receive a slap on his hand from Heechul. “Don’t remove them hyung!” Heechul said as he gave Leeteuk a glare. Looking at Heechul’s face, Leeteuk knew he had lost the battle. “Fine I’ll bring a hand carry! But you’ll be the one dragging both trunks.” Leeteuk replied as he began searching for an empty briefcase. “Thanks teukie hyung, you’re the best!” Heechul shouted gleefully as he gave Leeteuk a brief hug before running to his room to take more items.

 

“Hurry up Chullie! We’re going to miss the train!” Leeteuk shouted as he made his way down the stairs and onto the platform. “Well you’re not the one carrying two huge trunks!” Heechul retorted with a grunt as he struggled to with the trunks on the last step. “Number 14…. 15..16 ah 17! Chullie I found our cubicle hurry up!” Leeteuk yelled as he waved over to Heechul. “Fine Fine I’m coming, stupid hyung not even turning back to help me.” Heechul grumbled as he lugged the trunks behind him.

[ 2 hours later]

“Finally we’re in Georgia!” Heechul said as he plopped onto their apartment bed. Seeing as they would be staying in Georgia for 4 years, Heechul and Leeteuk decided to rent an apartment rather than a hotel as it would cheaper and they got to have a kitchen. “So hyung what will we be doing today?” Heechul asked as he dangled his legs on the bed end. “Hmm I was thinking of settling in and arranging all our stuff first and then we will explore our neighbourhood tomorrow.” Leeteuk replied as he laid his trunk sideways on the floor. “What! But it’s only 11 in the morning here! Besides we’re in no hurry to unpack, school only start in 2 weeks and I want to catch the festival that will happen tonight.” Heechul exclaimed. “What festival? And how did you know it will take place tonight?” Leeteuk asked. Heechul responded by showing Leeteuk a pamphlet. “When you were buying our train tickets earlier on I took a few pamphlets that were on the table.” Heechul said as he flipped through that piece of paper and pointed at a picture. “Look, Festival of Atlantis, it says that these flowers only bloom once a year at night. It is said to be one of the most beautiful flowers in the world nicknamed the ‘Flame Flower’ as its petals are of a crimson red and its center a stunning orange making the flower look like it’s on fire. Many around the world gather here just to see these flowers bloom and over the years they became something like a tradition for the locals. And it’s just around our area how lucky!” Heechul said. “That sounds interesting, fine we’ll go to this festival tonight,” Heechul’s face lit up at this “but, you have to be a good boy and unpack your trunk neatly.” Leeteuk said as he leaned forward to look Heechul in the eye. Heechul replied by nodding his head and flashing Leeteuk a grin before jumping off his bed to his trunk. 

 

 

Age

Leeteuk: 20

Heechul: 19

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I'm finally back, sorry for the long wait. I hope you all enjoyed this story so far. Sorry for making Heechul and Leeteuk so childish but I'm depicting them to be around 19-20 right now so they will act more childish then normal but it will not last for long so those who do not like this childish side of them will not have to worry. This is my first time writing a fantasy story so there might be some mistakes here and there so please forgive me for it. I actually wanted to post this chapter much later but decided against it as I didn't want my readers to wait too long. Unfortunately I am unable to update this story as often as I'd like so please bear with me. As usual, comment below your thoughts or suggestions and subscribe if you like this story till next time bye! ^-^