What is this?

Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A week later...)      

"Omma..." Nana called out sleepily. She had just woken up.  

"Yes Jin Ah?" Jung Ah placed the newspaper she was reading on the table and Nana immediately sat on her lap.  

"Omma, Merry Christmas! Are we going to visit appa today? I miss appa. Besides, today is her birthday! And it's Christmas too! I wanna give her my presents."   

"Sure baby. Go get ready and wake Bekah unni up. Do you wanna open your presents here or at the hospital with appa?"  

"Hmmm." Nana placed her fingers on her chin, thinking then suddenly, "At the hospital with appa!!"    

Jung Ah giggled at how cute Nana was and said, "Alright. Go wake your unni up and get ready. I'll make you two breakfast first."  

Nana did as what she was told while Jung Ah made pancakes for the two girls. It didn't take long for the girls to finish getting ready and while they had their breakfast, Jung Ah got ready. She then grabbed the huge paper bag that contained all of the gifts that she was going to bring to the hospital.   

"Omma, we are done. Let's go!" Bekah yelled from the kitchen.  

"Alright! I'll be down in a few." Jung Ah yelled back.  

*  

The ride to the hospital was a rather quiet one. Nana and Bekah were sitting at the back, playing the game on Jung Ah's phone. The soft music was being played on the radio and within an hour, they have reached the hospital.  

"Appa!!" Nana burst through the door and ran to Kahi's bed. Kahi has been transferred to the normal wards since she was getting better but she was the only patient in that room. So that means that she had pretty much a lot of privacy.   

"Hey there baby. You look pretty today. Is it cold out there?" 

 "Mmhmm. Appa, guess what day is it today?"  

"Hmmm... I don't know?" Kahi pretended like she knew nothing but of course she knew today was Christmas and it was her birthday. How could she ever forget that?  

"Appa!" Nana slapped Kahi's arm. "It's Christmas! And it's your birthday!"   

Nana then stood beside Bekah and started singing the birthday song together. Kahi could only smile. Then she realized something. Where was Jung Ah? She was sure that she saw Jung Ah came in with the girls and that she had placed the huge paper bag full with presents on the table near her bed.  

"Bekah, where's Jung Ah?"  

"I don't know appa. Omma was here with us just now. She sent me and Jin Ah here. Maybe she went outside. Do you want me to get her?"  

"Oh... Nevermind then. Come on. I want to open my presents!" Kahi said excitedly.  

*  

After what seem like ages, the girls were done opening their presents and were now resting in the room.  

"Hey girls, wanna go out? I could use some fresh air too." Kahi suggested  

"But appa, you're not well yet." Bekah reminded Kahi.  

"Nah it's ok. We won't go out for long. Bek, why don't you call the nurse and ask if I can go out."  

Bekah went out and asked the nurse. She came back with a nurse who was pushing a wheelchair. The nurse then carefully sat Kahi on the wheelchair and to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter