Our Past

Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was 6:50 pm. Jung Ah had already arrived at Jea's café and as soon as she entered the café, she was greeted with the sight of two girls who were intensely making out behind the counter. Being the regular customer there, she knew who they were. It was Jea, the owner of the café and her girlfriend, Miryo.

The couple broke off and both greeted Jung Ah with a slight bow and a polite hello. Both their faces were flushed from the intense make out. Jung Ah only smiled and made her way to her usual spot. She loved this café. It was always so quiet and peaceful and the scenery is simply beautiful. Jung Ah closed her eyes for a little while and simply relaxed because she knew tonight was going to be a long and tiring night.

(Jung Ah POV)

6:58 pm and the bell that was above the door rang, indicating someone had entered the café. The ringing on the bell startled me and I sat up straight to see who it was. It was none other than Kahi.

“Hey…” Kahi greeted me before sitting opposite me.

“Hey you made it.”

“Yeah, Bekah gave me the directions. Have you ordered?”

“Not yet, I was waiting for you.”

“Oh, what do you want? I’ll order it for us.”

“Hot mocha please.”

“Alright, be right back.” She smiled, showing off her dimples before walking over to the counter.

While waiting, I looked around and realized that there was only me and Kahi and also Narsha and Ga-in who were my neighbours. The couple was busy fooling around with each  other. I smiled at how intimate they were, as though they were in their own little world where no one could harm or disrupt their relationship. If only my relationship with Kahi was like theirs. We wouldn’t need to have this talk. While I was lost in deep thoughts, I didn’t realize Kahi was back with our drinks.

She carefully placed my hot mocha in front of me and gently waved her hand in front of my face to catch my attention. I smiled sheepishly at her.

“So… you said we’re gonna talk.”

"Yeah…” I trailed

“Well, go ahead, I’m all ears.”

I carefully sipped my hot mocha and placed it onto the table.

“Ji Young, I don’t think I can do this anymore.”

“What do you mean?”

“The reason why I haven’t visited you in the hospital is because it is so painful just to see the one I love suffer and worse, she doesn’t even remember me. You have no idea how it feels like, Ji Young. It’s unbearable. I can’t do this anymore. I’ve filed for a divorce and I’ve signed the papers. They only need you to sign it. I’ve brought the papers along.” I took the folder from my bag and handed it to her.

Kahi took it from me and quickly glance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter