Are outsiders more perceptive?

This isn’t Clickbait
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 28: Are outsiders more perceptive?

***

Junior's pov.
Junior talks to Jackson after the partner yoga class.

***

The moment Yuygeom announces that class has ended, Junior sees Jaebum say something that might be a “thank you” to Jackson before quickly leaving the room. His friend is still sitting cross-legged on the mat, frozen or momentarily stunned, Junior’s not sure. Hastily arranging the rolled up mats, Junior finishes up his duty as an instructor, leaving Yugyeom to do the last straightening up of the room as he walks over to Jackson.

“You might want to put the mat back to the front,” Junior says softly, hoping he won’t surprise Jackson. Jackson had seemed pretty out of it during the lesson just now, from the few moments Junior could spare to glance in Jackson and Jaebum’s direction. He’s not sure why Jackson is doing partner yoga with Jaebum; if there’s something that might have changed between the last time he had seen Jackson till now. Though, considering that he had only saw Jackson yesterday night for dinner, and the guy hadn’t mentioned anything about Jaebum in any way, Junior’s not really sure what might have prompted Jackson to suddenly take partner yoga with Jaebum. Also, while Jackson did say at the start of class that he’s just helping a colleague, Junior wonders how much of that is true. In front of him, Jackson blinks a few times rapidly before he stands up and starts rolling the mat, and Junior follows him as he walks to stack it with the other ones in front.

“You okay?”

“Huh?” Jackson says as he turns around to look at Junior. “Uh. Yeah. Maybe.”

The uncertain tone in Jackson’s reply is so obvious that Junior doesn’t even need to be good at reading Jackson to know that something’s definitely the matter. He slings a hand over Jackson’s shoulder, walking them out of the room before he says, “Go take a shower. I’m done with teaching for today, so how about we go grab dinner on the way back?”

Jackson gives a slight nod, although he does answer, “Yeah, that sounds good,” in a voice that sounds like he’s faraway (probably thinking something in his head). With a last pat on Jackson’s back, Junior quickly heads off to the staff lockers to grab his things to shower so he can join Jackson soon.

 

 

Junior’s running a towel through his hair as he walks to the benches between the lockers in the shower room when he sees Jackson already dressed, wearing a black t-shirt and jeans instead of the exercise wear earlier, packing his things.

“Are you done already?”

“Yeah, just waiting for your slow ,” Jackson replies with a slightly quirked smile, zipping up his gym bag. The teasing tone makes Junior feel a little better. Jackson looks almost normal again with that little smile on his face, eyes focused and not dazed like they were earlier. Quickly getting his clothes out, Junior tugs his shirt over his head just as someone walks past.

Said someone turns out to be Yugyeom, who’s also freshly showered and changed, and Junior’s about to say hi as he pulls the hem of his shirt down when the guy says, “Oh hey Jackson, are you and JB wearing couple outfits?”

What?

Junior doesn’t manage to voice his question from his surprise and it seems like Jackson’s about as speechless as he is by Yugyeom’s words because he’s spluttering. After a moment, Jackson manages to say, “What? What are you talking about?”

Yugyeom just looks at Jackson’s outfit, before he waves a hand in the general direction and replies, “Uh, JB was wearing a black tee with light blue jeans as well. Granted, his had ‘Iron Maiden’ written across it while yours is plain black but other than that it totally looks like a couple outfit.”

Jackson’s mouth is agape and he doesn’t speak, which Yugyeom probably takes to mean he needs elaboration, because the guy’s adding, “It’s okay, it’s kind of cute, how you and JB are wearing couple outfits.”

Having not said a word in this unexpected conversation so far, Junior wonders if Jackson’s speechless because Yugyeom’s question is so farfetched that he doesn’t know how to reply, or if it’s because Yugyeom actually spotted something few people would notice. Even he, Jackson’s good friend and Jaebum’s friend, o

Please log in to read the full chapter