Chapter 6

Not Meant to Be?

Hey guys! It's been ages I know, I'm sorry~ I rewrote this chapter a million time before. I'm still not sure that this is wat I want it to be but I figured I kept you guys waiting long enough. T.T

Chapter Six:

Yoongi drank soju until his heart became pleasantly numb.

He was barely aware of his surroundings.

Everything was blurry and the room was spinning, the music pounded in his ears.

Yoongi blinked at his phone as it danced across the table top. He could not hear it, but Namjoon’s face grinned up at him from the screen.

“H…ello?” he slurred into the phone.

“Hyung, where are you?” The distressed tone in his dongsaeng’s voice prompted Yoongi to answer.

“At the club Joon-ah….come pick me up.”

“Okay, I’ll be right there. Don’t go anywhere hyung!”

Yoongi rested his head on the table, putting his phone in his pocket. He wasn’t about to go anywhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi clung to Namjoon’s shoulders. “Joon-ah…” he groaned softly.

“Shhh…..I’ve got you….” Namjoon lifted Yoongi onto his back and walked to the dorms.

They weren’t that far away from the club.

Namjoon struggled to open the door while carrying his precious bundle. He would have asked the drunk hyung to help him, but Yoongi had passed out along the way.

“Ah, !” he mumbled as Yoongi almost fell from his back.

He barely managed to get ahold of his leg in time. Taking a few minutes to gather his breath, Namjoon realized that he would have to get help from the inside. There was no way he could get the door open on his own, not without dropping Yoongi.

Praying to some unknown entity that Jungkook was safely in his room and would not be disturbed, he kicked the door as gently as he could.

Thunk, thunk, thunk.

Namjoon waited in strained silence, holding on to Yoongi’s legs tighter as his sweaty palms slid on his hyung’s leather pants.

Thunk, thunk, thunk.

The door swung open and Namjoon jerked his foot away just in time to avoid kicking their saviour in the shin.

“Hyung!” Jimin gasped at the sight of them.

Namjoon hurried past him and deposited Yoongi on the couch.

Jimin watched with wide eyes as Yoongi’s body slumped over, barely remaining on the couch.

“Hyung! Did you break Yoongi hyung?!” he hurried over to Namjoon, ready to pounce on him if he’d hurt his favorite hyung.

“Eh?! No, no, of course not!!” Namjoon raised his hands in defense.

Jimin knelt beside Yoongi. “Then why does he-” he caught a whiff of the soju. “Oh my God, is he drunk?!”

Jimin stared at Yoongi’s flushed cheeks in awe.

“He’s beautiful….” Jimin murmured, reaching out carefully, caressing Yoongi’s cheeks.

Namjoon, oblivious to the younger’s mind, scratched the back of his neck.

“Ah…can I ask for a favor Jimin?” he bit his lip, cheeks turning pink.

Jimin noddd without thought. “Of course hyung! What is it?”

“Someone should watch Yoongi hyung… we don’t know what kind of side effects this one sided bond will have….” he paused.

“What do you mean one-sided? Kookie has Yoongi hyung too!” Jimin frowned.

Namjoon blinked, his face becoming blank.

“Can you and Tae take care of him?” he continued.

Jimin’s words seemed to have no effect. Or maybe, Namjoon was just too exhausted to give a thought to the meaning behind them. Jimin nodded a little too eagerly but Namjoon didn’t notice.

“Of course hyung! We can handle it from here, right Tae?” he looked over at the other boy.

He had grown restless and left their room. In search of his soulmate.

Taehyung nodded in agreement.

“Ne! Go on hyung, go cuddle with Jin hyung. We can carry Suga hyung to our room.” Taehyung grinned as Namjoon yawned and smiled in appreciation.

“Thanks guys.” He waved and hurried to his room, where Jin was waiting under the covers, barely clothed and wide awake.

Jimin sighed heavily, lifting Yoongi and carrying him to the room he shared with Tae.

Taehyung tagged along close behind.

 “Tae…Yoongi hyung…”

“Mmm?” Tae raised an eyebrow in confusion. “What is it Jiminie?”

“He lost weight!” Jimin looked at Tae with teary eyes. “He’s so frail, Tae. I think if I squeeze too hard, I might break him.”

Tae helped Jimin tuck Yoongi into bed.

“It’s ok love….” he hugged him close, rubbing his back in comforting circles.

Jimin was near hysterics, he couldn’t believe his strong hyung was suddenly so fragile.

Tae stayed beside his lover, running comforting fingers through his hair and whispering sweet nothings into his ear. Eventually, the older calmed down enough to crawl into bed.

He curled up around Yoongi, Tae cuddled into their hyung’s other side.

They whispered plans throughout the night. Coming to a conclusion early the next morning, they both smiled and pecked Yoongi’s cheeks. Tomorrow would be different, they vowed, falling asleep as the early morning sun raised into the sky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi groaned.

The pounding of his head dulled out all other sounds, the light he saw, through the tiny slit he’d managed to open his eyes, was too bright.

“What the f…” He grumbled, turning over and burying his face into the warm pillow underneath him. It smelled nice too. He mused dazedly as he took a deep breath to get as much of the musky scent into his system. “mmm…” he all but moaned. Bump, bump, bump. The sound was starting to irritate him.

Whack!

He slapped at the pillow. Why was it making such noises while he was sleeping?

Suddenly the pillow stiffened. Yoongi clung to it tighter and rubbed his cheek against it, trying to get it to go soft again.

“Hyung….” a warm breeze was blowing past his ear.

“Hyung.” Yoongi wrinkled his nose.

“Hyung!”

“What?!” he shot up, lifting his hand to strike his pillow again.

“Wh….” he blinked in confusion, hand frozen in midair.

“Hyung, hi!” Taehyung grinned and reached out, petting his hyung’s hair.

He wasn’t even a tiny bit afraid.

Yoongi frowned and blurted the first thing that came to mind. “You’re not my pillow.” he frowned more.

Taehyung laughed loudly and Yoongi poked his chest. “Hajima.” he growled in warning.

Tae quieted, covering his mouth to stiffle the giggles that threatened to escape when Yoongi rolled over and started hunting for his pillow.

Yoongi stilled at the sight of Jimin. He was fast asleep and hugging Yoongi’s waist. “Uhhh…” he groaned and rested his face on a blanket. “What’s happening? Why are you two in my bed?” Why does my head hurt so much?” he mumbled. His words came out muffled and were lost to Taehyung’s ears. Tae poked Yoongi’s back. “Hyung….you stink. I think you need a shower. And toothpaste, lots of toothpaste.” he held his nose with his thumb and index fingers to emphasize his point.

Yoongi batted at him blindly, getting out of bed carefully. Well, as carefully as he could, stumbled to the bathroom and went about his morning routine. He barely noticed that he was clad only in his boxers.

Tae shook Jimin’s shoulder. “Oi, he’s gone…”

Jimin’s eyes shot open and he grinned up at Tae. “I can’t believe Yoongi hyung let you order him around.” Jimin’s expression shifted to wonderment. “There’s gonna be payback later.”

Taehyung pouted as Jimin laughed at his expression.

“Oh, I can’t wait to see it!”

Yoongi limped out of the bathroom, groaning irritably. He went to the closet and picked out random clothed for the day. He ended up with Tae’s pants and Jimin’s shirt. It didn’t fit quite right. But, hey! At least it was something to cover his body with.

“Urgh….I’m never drinking again!” he declared. “What the happened last night?” he pinched the bridge of his nose. “Yah…do you guys have painkillers?” he squinted at them.

“N-ne hyung, hold on!” Tae ran out of the room.

Yoongi sighed and sat on the bed, pulling his knees to his chest.

“Oh hyung…” Jimin scooted cloder and ran his fingers through Yoongi’s hair.

Yoongi sighed and layed down with his head on Jimin’s lap.

The younger continued to pet him in an effort to assuge his aching brain.

“Thanks Jiminie…” Yoongi muttered as his eyelids slid shut.

“Don’t sleep hyung. Taetae will be back with the meds soon.” Jimin’s voice grew softer and softer.

Yoongi was already trapped in the world of dreams before Jimin had finished his sentence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next time he awoke, he was alone.

The shadows in the room had shifted and the blinds were half way closed. It wasn’t as irritating as it had been the first time.

Yoongi lulled around in bed for a while, refusing to move. He was too comfy.

The kids had moved him and tucked him under the blankets. It was pleasantly warm and just cozy enough that Yoongi might stay there forever, if he was ever given the chance, that is.

He looked around lazily and saw that a packet of painkillers and a glass of water had been left for him. He rolled over to the edge of the bed, scooting his body into an upright position and smiled at the note tucked under the glass of water.

. Hyung~ We made you comfy and left you meds for you headache. You owe us ice cream and a day at the park! -<3 Tae & Chimchim.

Yoongi laughed softly at the cute nicknames. “Aigoo, these kids…”

Swallowing the pills and downing the glass of water quickly, Yoongi went to the kitchen

. Grrr…..grrr…

His tummy grumbled audiably. He blushed and looked around to make sure he was alone.

The kitchen was empty. In fact, the silence of the dorms spoke volumes to Yoongi. He was alone.

“Ah….do we have any food?” he riffled through the cupboard, groaning as his search ended fruitlessly.

Next, he turned to the fridge. One look was enough to see that they were out of food. Yoongi cursed under his breath.

No wonder the house was empty. All the food was gone so all the growing teens and tweens had left too.

Yoongi frowned at the room at large, wondering what he should do.

Ring ring ring.

He nearly dropped the phone as it suddenly started vibrating.

“H-hello?” he was still trying to calm his racing heart.

“Suga hyung, we’re at the grocery store…” Yoongi’s heart sped up even more. He almost didn’t here the next question over the noise that was coming from his chest.

“Do you want us to buy anything special hyung?” Jungkook asked softly.

“A-ah…coffee! And ramyun….we have no food at home right now.”

Yoongi’s mouth answered automatically. He held a hand over his wildly beating heart, trying to get it under control.

“Ne…” Jungkook answered.

There was a beat of silence.

“Hyung…are you ok? Jimin said you had a migraine.”

Yoongi nodded, forgetting that his mate couldn’t see him.

“Hyung?” his voice hitched.

“Ne! It’s going away.” Yoongi bit his lip, fighting to control the hope swelling in his chest.

“Ah, then I’ll see you when we get home hyung.” He hung up abruptly.

Yoongi touched the tattoo on his arm, wondering if everything had been a dream.

After a bit, Yoongi looked around slowly, having just realized that he was completely alone. This, of course meant that he could do anything he wanted. Anything at all.

Yoongi grinned devilishly and made a mad dash for his mate’s room. He pounced on the bed and rolled about, rubbing his scent onto the bedspread. His cheeks were red, his face was practically glowing with happiness.

He settled into the bed, curling up under the warm blanket and soaking up his mate’s scent. A hint of another scent greeted him and Yoongi puffed his cheeks. He rubbed himself on the blanket, spreading his natural scent, marking his territory.

Jungkook was his.

As the minutes dragged by, Yoongi’s eyes grew tired.

“Mmm…I should get up…before Kookie comes…” he mumbled drowsily.

In the next second he had fallen asleep and all thoughts of bad things happening if his mate discovered him there were wiped clean from his mind.

“Hyung!” “Hyung we’re home!” The shouts and loud banging made by the others as they entered the nouse woke Yoongi with a start.

He jumped out of Jungkook’s bed and hurried to his own room, going under the covers as quickly as his legs would allow him.

“Hyung?” Footsteps echoed throughout the house as they searched for him.

“Mmmm?” he groaned, rolling over in a convincing act of having just awoken. The messy bed hair he had attained from romping around in his mate’s bed only added to the show.

“Suga hyung!” Jungkook called from the doorway.

“Kookie?” Yoongi blinked sleepily in his direction.

“Yes, it’s me hyung!”

The voice was getting closer. Suddenly he was sitting beside Yoongi and running his fingers through the other boy’s hair.

A thrill ripped through Yoongi’s spine.

This…this was exactly what Jimin had done earlier. However, while Jimin’s touch brought comfort, Kookie’s touch brought a fire of emotions that threatened to overwhelm him.

Yoongi had never felt so many butterflies swarming around in his belly.

“K-kookie…” Yoongi was practiaclly already, and all he’s done was touch his hair!

Yoongi tried not to think of what would happen if Jungkook ever made any ual advances towards him.

Those might end too quickly for Yoongi’s liking.

“Hyung are you okay?” Jungkook placed his hand on Yoongi’s forehead, searching for any telltale signs of fever or the flu.

Yoongi swallowed around the lump in his throat and answered quietly.

“N-ne…I’m alright Kook.” he leaned inot the other’s touch, desperate for any kind of attention from his other half.

Jungkook frowned and pulled away.

“Have you eaten?” Concern coated his voice.

Yoongi shook his head in denial.

 “A-ani, we didn’t have any food. I checked our emergency stash as well. But I couldn’t find anything.” Yoongi pouted.

“Aigoo…” Jungkook ruffled his hair. “Come on, I’ll make you some ramyun.”

Yoongi batted at Jungkook’s hand playfully. “Ne~”

He stood up carefully and made his way to the kitchen.

Jungkook followed close behind, pulling out his phone as he got a message. He grinned at his phone and texted a reply

. Yoongi was met with chaos in the kitchen.

The others were shuffling about, helping Jin hyung pack the groceries.

“Uhhh….” Yoongi blinked at the confusion.

Jin looked up at him and smiled. “Hello sleepy head! Are you hungry?”

He called over the noise of the others.

Yoongi nodded, rubbing at his eyes, yawning a bit and slumping into a chair by the counter.

“Ne…” he murmured softly, looking over at the clock above the sink, vaguely noting that it was way too late to have anything called breakfast.

Jin bustled around the room, putting together a quick hangover soup for his dongsaeng.

In the corner, Hobie and Tae were giggling and trying to see who could unpack the groceries the quickest.

Yoongi’s already frayed nerves felt attacked by all the unsecessary tomfoolery.

The temper which he had somehow managed to keep under control, broke free in a fiery burst of agression.

“Will you shut the up?! My head hurts.” he growled at them.

Hobi took one glance at Yoongi’s face and decided that no, not today. It wasn’t his time to die yet.

Yoongi ate two bowls of the soup and drank his mug of coffee before he was able to function normally again

. He glared at his empty coffee mug, wishing there was more there but knowing that more than one cup might have him grinning for a few hours at least.

He didn’t want to scare the others.

He looked around and realized that he was alone again.

He waddled to the living room, pouting when he noticed the snuggly nests everyone had made with their soulmates.

They were all focused on some show that Jin Hyung had probably picked, they barely glanced over at him before turning back to their partner of the television.

He sighed sadly as his heart ached for the hundredth time this week.

He wished to curl up with the maknae and maybe fall asleep listening to his quiet breathing while the other watched the tele with everyone else.

The loneliness must have shown on his face because the next thing he knew, he was being squished by Jimin and Tae on either side of him.

He squirmed around for a bit trying to get away.

He sighed softly and relented after the two koalas refused to budge.

Yoongi curled up around Jimin and let Tae spoon him from behind.

It wasn’t all that bad. It actually felt a bit comforting.

After a while of staring at the television and mindlessly looking at the movie, Yoongi shifted.

He fiddled with his fingers and kept turning to find a better angle.

Something in him felt restless. Like an itch he really wnted to scratch but didn’t know where to find it.

He got up and crept over to the bathroom intending to relieve himself quickly.

He blinked in confusion when he saw that the lights were already on.

“Who…?” He knocked lightly.

A pained groan floated through the closed door.

Yoongi bit his lip.

The sound of objects falling onto the floor pushed him into action.

He pushed the door open and looked around on high alert for any disturbances.

Jungkook was curled up on the floor, he was whimpering in pain and clutching onto his hand as tight as he could.

Yoongi rushed to his side and gathered him up in his arms.

“Shhh….shhh…..I got you…”

Jungkook cried out and the other members hurried over to examine the cause of the sound.

Yoongi looked up at them with teary eyes.

“H-help him…” He whispered pleadingly.

Namjoon blinked his shock away and lifted Jungkook into his arms, carrying him to his room.

The others were still too shell shocked to do anything.

TBC...

Please leave suggestions for what you would wanna see in this story...

what do you think is happening?

What do you think is gonna happen now?

I honestly have no idea...please help me continue this story guys!