Chapter 1

Not Meant to Be?

AN: First Time writing Sugakookie. Turning a roleplay situation into a fic. Hope you enjoy~

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Chapter 1

 Yoongi bit his lips to muffle the pained groan that was stuck in his throat. He curled up on his bed, hoping that sleep came quickly tonight. His arm hurt like hot needles where being poked into it, he tried squinting at it through the darkness but he couldn’t see anything. It was still smooth to the touch as well. There was nothing physically wrong with his arm.

 He could only come to one conclusion. His soulmate was coming of age.

 Tomorrow, when he woke up, his entire world would be different. He would have a soulmate, a life partner to love and spoil and treasure. Someone he could depend on with his life. The other half of his soul would finally be his.

 He couldn’t wait for the dawn. He wanted to meet his soulmate as soon as he could. He wanted to feel the love that burned in his hyungs eyes when they were together. He hoped it was a certain bunny. He wanted to read the name on his arm and grin for days after.

 He closed his eyes and forced himself to sleep. He was excited.

 The light of day would bring many changes.

 -Time skip-

 He woke slowly as usual. Stretching, yawning, rubbing at his eyes.

 “Ah!” He gasped softly as a sharp pain shot up his arm, glancing down at it.

 Yoongi froze.

 He gaped at his arm, rubbing at the name. It wouldn’t come off. It was real. The name on his hand was there. He wasn’t imagining it.

 Yoongi’s eyes widened in shock as he read it again, a happy grin crossing his face.

 Jeon Jungkook.

 The name was so dark against his skin, standing out at first glance.

 The maknae was his soulmate. There was no doubt about it.

 Jungkook would wake up to find Yoongi’s name on his hand. And then, he would come running with questions and that adorably confused but happy face. Yoongi couldn’t wait to tell him all about it.

 Hours later Yoongi was still in his room.

 He’d waited for Jungkook to wake up, he’d waited for him to come barging in with questions burning on his tongue.

 Yoongi frowned, wondering what was going on.

 He’d heard Jungkook wake up a little while after him, but the maknae hadn’t reacted at all to the tattoo that must be on his arm.

 It had to be there. Soulmates never got their tattoo unless their other half had gotten theirs too.

 But Jungkook hadn’t come looking for him.

 Yoongi went to the kitchen where all the members where having breakfast. The only seat available was opposite Jungkook.

 Throughout breakfast he tried to catch Jungkook’s eyes. The younger was too immersed in eating to look up at his hyung.

 The other members hadn’t noticed Yoongi’s somewhat strange behavior. Or maybe they just thought it was normal since everyone knew about the huge crush Yoongi had on the maknae.

 Yoongi took a bite of his pancakes, munching slowly on it. His eyes fell to Jungkook’s arms, he squinted at it.

 Yoongi froze.

 His blood ran cold.

 The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end.

 Jungkook had worn a tee shirt to breakfast.

 His arms were bare.

 Not a mark in sight.

 Yoongi’s eyes widened in disbelief, he gasped loudly, almost choking on his food.

 “Jungkook....” he murmured, reaching out to hold his arm.

 Jungkook frowned and moved his hand away.

 Everyone’s attention was on Yoongi.

 “Hyung, are you ok?” Jungkook asked, concerned about the weird actions of his hyung.

 “I....I...y-yeh I’m fine Kook.” Yoongi pulled his hand away, tugging at his sleeves, pulling them more securely over his arm. He was so glad he’d worn a sweater.

 Everyone went back to their meal. Everyone, that is, but Jin. He watched with curious eyes as Yoongi seemed to shrink into himself, tugging on his sweater and picking at his food.

 Something was wrong.

AN: Soooo....how was it?