Chapter 2

Not Meant to Be?

AN: I didn't expect to write this chapter so soon but I love this story.

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Chapter 2

 Jin had been observing him for a few days.

 Yoongi had become even more introverted than usual. Staying quiet during broadcasts, only speaking if one of the hyung line spoke to him, he avoided the maknae line as if they carried the plague. He'd also started wearing long sleeved shirts, even in the heat of the occasional sunny day.

 Something was definitely wrong.

 Jin was concerned. Namjoon was worried. Even Hoseok had noticed that something wasn't right.

 Only the maknae line hadn't noticed his sudden change. Being in the maknae line, they rarely interracted with Yoongi unless they wanted to be spoiled. Yoongi was like that. He gave in to the cute faces of the maknaes and did ridiculous things for them. He looked like the strick hyung but he was really an adorable softie.

 Except now, he was hiding from them. Hoseok had stepped in and was distracting them. He hoped he could keep them from noticing Yoongi's behaviour until his hyung felt better.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A few days after the incident in the kitchen, Jin cornered Yoongi in the recording room. He'd come to give Namjoon his lunch and had seen Yoongi alone in the music room. He couldn't help it, he had to know what was wrong.

 "Yoongi-ah. I know something's bothering you. Would you like to talk about it?" Jin asked in the motherly way he was used to.

 "No. I'm fine hyung." Yoongi looked at his hyung with the blank expression he masked his feelings under. He went back to working on the paper infront of him.

 Jin was reluctant to leave him without answers but he knew that was sensitive. He didn't like being pressed for answers. The more he was pressured, the more clamped up he got.

 "Okay...but I'm here for you if you ever need to talk. About anything. I'll listen to you. Ne?" He ruffled Yoongi's hair, leaving the room, glancing sadly at Namjoon, who stood outside the room, shaking his head.

 -----------------------------------------------------------

Namjoon sighed, concern for his hyung filling his heart.

 He entered the recording room, glancing at Yoongi. He was staring at a blank sheet of paper.

 Namjoon sat in his chair and took an empty page for himself, working on the lyrics of a new song. He tried to work well so that he could have a few minutes to chat with Yoongi before they returned to the dorm.

 Hours later, Namjoon leaned back in his chair with a long sigh, holding up the sheet filled with his scribbles.

 "Ah...the first draft is almost done." He turned to Yoongi, smiling proudly.

 His expression fell.

 "Hyung...?" he frowned in worry.

 Yoongi had abandoned his work. Namjoon glanced at it and saw that the page was still mostly blank, save for a few lines of Yoongi's neat handwriting. He was curled up on his chair, staring blankly at his sleeve. The despair in his eyes rocked Namjoon to the core.

 "Hyung..." he called to him again.

 Yoongi didn't react.

 Namjoon's heart raced as an anxious feeling filled his body. Hw shook Yoongi's shoulder.

 "Hyung!"

 Yoongi blinked, turning to Namjoon.

 "Joonie?"

 "Hyung are you ok?" concern laced his voice.

Yoongi nodded, biting his lips and looking away.

 "Hyung...what's wrong?" He held onto Yoongi's shoulder gently.

Yoongi looked down at his sleeve again.

 "Hyung why are you wearing a sweater in this heat?" 

 Yoongi blushed, nibbling on his lips.

 "I.....Joonie...w-when did you know that Jin hyung was your soulmate?" he asked curiously, even though he already knew the answer.

 Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise.

 "When I turned eighteen, Jin's name appeared on my arm."

 He held his hand out, showing Yoongi the tattoo on his arm that read 'Kim Seokjin'.

 "That's when I knew..."

 Yoongi looked at his arm, eyes going glassy with unshed tears.

 "Joonie, there's a name on my arm....I can't let it show."

 Namjoon frowned.

  "What do you mean hyung? Why can't you let us see?"

 Yoongi bit his lips, debating whether he should let Namjoon see it.

 "Joonie...you can't let anyone know. Promise me."

 Yoongi looked into his eyes.

 Namjoon was scared now. What could Yoongi be hiding?

 "I promise. I won't say anything. But can I tell Jin? I don't like keeping secrets from him."

 He nodded, rolling up his sleeve.

 Namjoon gasped.

 "Is that....?"

 Yoongi curled in on himself.

 In an instant, Namjoon understood.

 "Ohhh.....but how?"

 "I....I don't understand it myself hyung! H-how could he not.....why is it not there?!" 

 Yoongi hid his face in his hands as the tears started flowling.

 Namjoon pulled him into a hug, comforting him as best as he could.

 Yoongi clung to his tee, letting out all of the hurt he felt.

 "Shh...it's gonna be okay hyung..." 

 Namjoon hoped that it would be. He hoped that his hyung would be alright.

AN: what do you guys think? Will he be ok? Why doesn't kookie have his name on his arm?