Chapter 5

Not Meant to Be?

AN: Sorry about the long wait for this update. T.T I honestly didn't know how to continue for a long while.

       Eunha is a made up person, and I don't own anything but the story.

       I hope it was worth the wait.

Chapter 5

Yoongi curled up under his blankets, hiding from the world.

 He didn’t see the point of getting out of bed. His lifemate was not his, might never be his. All of his dreams and hopes had been smashed in an instant.

 He wasn’t good enough for his mate.

 And worst of all, everyone knew it. Everyone knew that he was the rejected mate. That he might have to live alone forever. That no one would accept the heart of someone who already had a mate’s name tattooed on their arm.

 Realizing this hurt way more than he thought it would. He’d always dreamed of spending a lifetime with the one meant for him, made for him.

 Now....that possibility was slipping away with each day.

 It hurt so bad. Worse than anything he’d ever been through.

 Why...? Why had he been given such a gift only to have it taken away from him before he could be happy?

 Fate hated him, he was sure of it.

 Yoongi fell asleep with a swirl of depressing thoughts streaming through his mind.

 .....................................................................

 Jungkook knocked on the door, biting his lips nervously as he waited for someone to answer the door.

 He wasn’t sure if this was the right thing to do, he’d never thought of it before but Jin had cornered him a few days ago.

 He’d insisted that Jungkook should break up with his girlfriend, he’d given him an entire lecture and many reasons as to why Eunha was the wrong person for him.

 Footsteps echoed from the other side of the door.

 A moment later, it was flung open wide and Namjoon hyung was standing in the doorway.

 “Ah Kook-ah. I’m glad you’re here! Something’s...who are you?” Namjoon cut himself off, peering around Jungkook at a figure hidden behind him.

 “Hyung...this is my girlfriend. Eunha...this is my hyung.” Jungkook tried to step aside, the girl cling to his shirt and moved with him.

 “Ah...she’s a bit shy hyung.” Jungkook looked at his hyung with a flash of frustrated exasperation.

 Namjoon tried not to gape in horror, clearing his throat and greeting the girl as cheerfully as he could.

 “Welcome! Come on in, Jin hyung just made dinner and we have extras of course. The others were worried about you Kook. You were gone the whole day!”

 He stepped aside and watched as they removed their shoes in the doorway.

 Namjoon sighed inwardly, hoping that Yoongi would remain asleep for the duration of her stay at the dorm.

 He walked to the dining room, looking around at the eager faces turning toward him. “Kookie is back....”

 “Yay!” Taehyung cheered while everyone else grinned and sighed in relief.

 “He brought a guest.” Namjoon finished quietly.

 “A guest?” Jin questioned, browed furrowing.

 Jimin gasped softly. “I wonder who it is!”

 Namjoon looked at the floor in silence, hating to be the one to bring bad news.

 Hoseok smiled at Jungkook. “Hey Kookie! Welcome back!” He patted him on the back as Kookie moved to sit in the chair next to him.

 “Hi hyung. Thanks!” Kookie smiled, turning to the doorway.

 “Eunha...come on my hyungs don’t bite or anything.” He called quietly.

 The girl stepped out from behind the wall and moved to his side, sitting in the seat next to Jungkook. The seat that was normally meant for Yoongi.

 “H-hello...”

 “Hey! Are you Jungkookie’s girlfriend?” Jimin asked loudly.

 The others were silently praying for Yoongi to remain in his room. They didn’t want to witness the meltdown of the elder’s heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi groaned, awakening with a throbbing heart.

 He stumbled out of bed, the thirst itching at his throat drove him to the kitchen, in desperate need of water. He regreted his stubborn refusal to keep a bottle of water in his room.

 Yoongi ruffled through the fridge, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

 He drank the water greedily. softly at the delicious feeling as it quenched his parched throat.

 Eventually, he looked around, wondering where the others were. His eyes fell on the clock and he noted that it was near dinner time.

 He frowned.

 No one woke him up. They usually did so he could get some food into his system while he was still at home.

 His tummy rumbled.

 Yoongi  wandered into the dining room, not really looking up, still busy drinking water.

 “Jin hyung, why didn’t you wake me?” He looked up.

 The glass fell from his hands and shattered onto the floor.

 A hush fell over the kitchen.

 Yoongi stood in the doorway, watching as his mate kissed a strange girl. They were the only ones who hadn’t noticed his entrance.

 He froze.

 Yoongi had no idea what to do.

 How should he react?

 The others watched as the light in his eyes faded.

 He just stood there, motionless, while his heart broke all over again.

 “Hyung…is there any rice left? I’m hungy.” He turned to Jin with empty eyes.

 Jin nodded quickly and got up. “Ne! Come on, I’ll heat it up for you.”

 Jin grabbed Yoongi’s arm and dragged him to the kitchen. Surprisingly, Yoongi just let himself be manhandled.

 He sat on the bar stool on the other side of the counter, noting vaguely that Jin looked somewhat like a headless chicken. Most of his mind was slowly going into a trance, somewhere he wouldn’t be able to feel his heart being ripped out of his chest.

 “Would you like some ramyeon? I’ll make it for you Yoongi-ah.” Jin looked up from where he was searching in the cupboards for something.

 “Ani…I…thank you hyung.” Yoongi mumbled softly, looking at the tabletop with interest.

 Jin sighed. “I really didn’t know what to do Yoongi. Kookie suddenly brought her over and we couldn’t just throw her out. Hopefully, she’ll be leaving soon. I wish I could spare ypu this pain. You must be really hurt.”

 Yoongi laughed.

 It was bitter and filled with self hatred.

 “I was always meant to be alone hyung. Even if there’s a tattoo on my arm with the name of someone I love with my very being. I was always meant to be alone. Fate decided that from the beginning.”

 Jin rubbed his back, trying to sooth him in some way.

 “Things will be okay, Yoong.”

 Yoongi shook his head. “Ani. Don’t lie to me hyung. I really don’t need those right now.”

 Jin was at a loss. He didn’t know how to console his dongsaeng. What could he say? The situation was clear already.

 Yoongi poked at his food, he had no appetite.

 Laughter from the dining room met their ears.
 Yoongi looked in the direction of Kookie’s voice, his eyes teary.

 This pabo….why can’t you see me?

  He pushed his plate away, marching into the dining room and grabbing Jungkook by the collar.

 Jungkook’s eyes widened in surprise.

 Yoongi pulled him into a hug, burying his face in his chest.

 “Where were you?! I was worried sick.” He exclaimed, breathing in the scent of his mate.

 Jungkook returned the hug hesitantly, scared of this honest Yoongi.

 “Hyung…I’m alright.” he petted Yoongi’s hair, giving the others a strange look.

 Everyone avoided his eyes.

 He pulled away and held Yoongi away by his arms.

“Hyung there’s someone I want to introduce you to. This is Eunha, my girlfriend.” He gestured to the girl in Yoongi’s chair.

 “Eunha, this is Yoongi. My favorite hyung.”

 Yoongi bowed politely, taking a step back as Jungkook became engrossed in the attentions of the girl.

 He backed out of the room, hoping his mate would notice his retreat and call him back to his side.

 Jungkook leaned in to whisper into her ear and Yoongi turned to the front door. He grabbed his wallet and his coat, closing the door quietly as he left the dorm. He needed a drink. Something that would take his mind away from his situation.

 He went to the nearest club.

To be continued....

AN: Okay guys, if you have any suggestions for the next chapter, please leave them in the comments. I'm really at a loss here. I dunno how to continue. Please help me!