Four

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So.. how about we hang out on weekend?”

“No. I have work.”

Yesung rejects Siwon’s offer for the third time today. Both of them are cafeteria since it’s a lunch break. The handsome senior keeps pestering him everyday and he wonders if he flirts like that to other students. Siwon is indeed charming and handsome, a tall Adonis with muscular body to die for. It’s just that Yesung has other priority instead of entertaining Siwon, not like he is playing hard to get. He doesn’t lie though, he gets another job for the weekend at an ice cream parlor near his apartment. He doesn’t have time to fool around. He has to study to maintain his spot as scholarship student and he has to work to survive living alone. Working at the library is indeed easier but Yesung has to admit that the pay isn’t as big as his other part time job. He still needs money.

“Okay, give me your phone number then.” Siwon pouts. Yesung cringes mentally, it really doesn’t suit the tall man’s image.

“Seriously, Hyung. I don’t have phone. I am not even lying! You can ask Wendy and Sungmin!” Yesung sighs, feeling a headache coming. Where the hell are his two friends anyway? They say they are going to queue to buy food but why does it take so long? Did they buy the food in North Korea?! How dare they leave him with Siwon alone!

His loud voice earns a glance from students around. His table is already attracted attention since the student council president is sitting with him and he doesn’t need more attention. He clears his throat. “I really don’t have phone, Hyung. I am too poor to afford one, okay? I don’t even have anyone to call so it’s not necessary for me to have it.”

“I-I am sorry. I don’t mean to offend you. I.. I just want to talk to you often.” Siwon looks flustered. It seems like he finally realizes that Yesung is actually telling him the truth.

To say that Yesung doesn’t enjoy the sight is clearly a lie. His usually full of confidence senior is now stuttering. He swears he can see a blush creeps on Siwon’s cheeks and it's cute. The handsome man looks guilty for some reasons and Yesung decide to ease his guilt.

“It’s okay. Don’t you have any friend, Hyung? You always hang out with me and my friends.”

Siwon’s grin is back on his face. “Don’t you want to hang out with me? I am hurt, Kim Yesung.”

“Hyung! I am seriously asking!”

“Okay, okay. I do have friends of course but it’s just fun to hang out with you guys. My close friend is our Vice President but he is really a serious person and always spends his time on working at student council room. I seriously think that his goal is to be South Korea’s president since I ed his way to be student council president.”

There is amused smile on Siwon’s face and Yesung can’t help to think that Siwon really treasures his friendship with the said Vice President. Yesung is curious about the VP since people keep saying that their VP is cold and intimidating person but it seems like Siwon doesn’t think so.

“What are you love birds talking about?” Sungmin pops out beside Yesung, carrying a tray of foods. Wendy already sits across Yesung, beside Siwon.

“Love birds my .” Yesung mutters and grabs a chocolate bread from Sungmin’s tray.

“Just talking about our Vice President.” Siwon smiles.

Wendy and Sungmin start spazzing over the mention of their Vice President. But Sungmin stops when a thought crosses his mind.

“Yesung, you aren’t interested with our VP right?” Sungmin asks dramatically.

Honestly, Yesung is kind of interested because it seems like people keep mentioning him these days and not even once he ever seen the male but looking at Sungmin’s expression, he better says otherwise.

“No.” He bits on his bread.

“Good. Because you already have Siwon Oppa.” Wendy chirps happily.

“YAH!”

Siwon can only laugh at the interaction between the trio.

**

It’s been two weeks since Yesung become a high school student and also works as librarian. Sungmin and Wendy are getting along too well. They are inseparable like twins, it’s funny to think that they do have many things in common. Siwon never gives up at flirting with Yesung but as day passes by, he is getting used with his senior’s antic. He never takes him seriously though. One thing catches his attention is Cho Kyuhyun’s absence. He has been absent from school ever since his last encounter with Yesung in class. It’s not like he cares but he wonders if it’s okay to take so many absent when they just start high school as freshman. What a delinquent.

The bell rings and the students are coming out from their class, ready to go home. Yesung and Sungmin are now waiting for Wendy in the hallway. Sungmin wants to return the mirror that he borrows from Wendy during lunch break while Yesung is waiting her to go to library together.

“Yesung-ssi? You are going to library, right?”

Yesung turns around and sees his biology teacher with bunch of folders in his hands. It looks like he has hard time holding them. “Yes, Mr. Lee? Do you need a help?”

The teacher’s face brighten instantly. He nods his head in excitement. “I am sorry to trouble you but can you give these folders to the Vice President? He is at student council room.”

Sungmin’s ears perk up when the teacher mentions the Vice President. He threw a blinding smile and takes the folders away from Mr. Lee. Yesung raises an eyebrow at Sungmin’s action.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Lee! I will do it.”

Mr. Lee is a bit confused because Sungmin looks very excited but he shrugs it off and says his thanks then walk aways from his two students. Right after that Wendy approaches them.

“Oh, you guys are waiting for me? Min, what are those folders? Can you even hold them all?”

“Mr. Lee asks me to deliver these to our Vice President.” Sungmin seems happy even though the folders look heavy.

“Actually, Mr. Lee was asking me but Sungmin volunteered himself.” Yesung chuckles as Sungmin threw him a dirty glare.

Wendy’s eyes get wide and she casually takes some of the folders to carry them with her. “I will help!”

Yesung rolls his eyes as both of his friends excitedly climb up the stairs. Usually Sungmin will complain about going upstairs because it’s very tiring but his friend looks like he can climb a mountain for the Vice President.

“I will go to library first. I don’t want to meet with Siwon Hyung at the student council room. God knows he probably will start annoying me again.” Yesung says as they reaches second floor. Siwon is already pestering him during lunch break and he doesn’t plan to meet him again after school.

“Your loss, Yesungie!” Wendy sticks her tongue out.

With a wave, Yesung climbs another stairs to reach third floor. His two friends are really something else. They really can get excited over many things. He hums as he walks towards the library.

//

Sungmin and Wendy happily walk towards the end of the hallway with folders in their hands. They both talk about how Yesung is no fun because he misses such a rare opportunity to see the handsome Vice President. As first grade student, it’s quite hard to see their Vice President since the u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter