Twelve

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The place is beautiful and peaceful. That’s where Yesung is at right now. He doesn’t know what is this place and why he is here but he likes the view. It’s a big garden with so many flowers. He can spot lilies, roses, sunflowers and another flowers that he doesn’t know the name. He looks around to find human living but he doesn’t see any.

“Anyone is here?” Yesung shouts, expecting someone to answer him but he gets no reply. Only the sound wind can be heard. He starts to feel scared now, no matter how beautiful the place is, if he is alone then he chooses not to stay. He hates being alone.

God, I am willing to give my life for him. Please save my brother.. don’t take him… you can take me instead.

The familiar voice echoes around the garden. He knows that voice but he can’t remember who it belongs to. Is that a pray? For who?

 He walks towards the small pond near the lilies. He crouches down to play with the water and gets startled when someone sits beside him.  He turns his head to the side and his eyes meet with a familiar face. He knows this person.. that smile.. that gentle gaze..

“Dad?”

“Hi son. It’s been a while.”

Yesung looks confused. His father has passed away years ago but now he is sitting beside him, looking healthy and lively. “Am I dead?”

The man chuckles and ruffles his son’s head. Yesung can fee the warmness radiates from his hand. He doesn’t mind if he is dead as long as he can fee that forever.

“Don’t you want to live?” His father asks with gentle smile.

“I… I.. I want to live with you.”

“But I am not alive anymore. I am dead.”

“Then why I am here with you?” Yesung mumbles and dips his tiny fingers into the water, feeling the tingling cold sensation.

“Because you want to be with me.”

Yesung tils his head to the side, not understanding about his father’s words. Yes, he wants to be with him. Is that wrong?

“But God can’t fullfil your wish.” His father pauses. “Because someone has been praying non stop for you. Someone who needs you more than I do. ”

“Who… needs me?”

Please… don’t take him away. I lost him once and I don’t want to lose him again.

The voice is getting louder and Yesung’s heart is beating so fast. He knows this voice but who? He can’t remember but he needs to remember. This voice belongs to someone who is important to him. He looks at his father who is still smiling at him.

“Go back to your brother, Yesung.”

Brother. He has brother. Yes, this voice belongs to his brother. Kibum… Kibum Hyung! It’s Kibum Hyung’s voice. His heart is beating faster than before that he thinks it’s going to explode. It feels like his heart is going burst in seconds and suddenly everything goes white. No.. he can’t see anything. He wants to know what’s going on. He blinks once, twice and then he sees something. A lamp on the ceiling. He blinks again to adjust his sight but it’s so hard to open his eyelids. Then he hears his brother’s voice, this time closer than before.

“Yesung? Yesung? Oh my god, you wake up! I am going.. I am going to call the doctor.”

Yesung blinks again in confusion when he sees Kibum runs out of the room, leaving him alone. So many questions pop in his head but he is too tired to stay awake. He closes his eyes and falls asleep.

**

Yesung blinks his eyes open he feels someone’s presence beside him. He blink several times until the view is clear enough.

“Hyung?”

Kibum smiles at him, the kind smile that Yesung always loves. Bright and genuine. He opens his mouth to say something but he coughs instead. His throat feels so dry and it’s really unpleasant feeling. His older brother immediately grabs a glass of water at the nightstand and helps him to drink. Yesung slowly gulps the water and after he finishes, he finally realizes that there are other people in the room. His mother and Uncle Youngjae.

“Mom?”

The woman rushes towards his side and starts crying. “My son… My Yesung… Forgive your stupid mother. I am sorry.. I am sorry… I should have not believed that man. I am a fail mother.”

“Mom…” Yesung’s voice cracks. Yes, he should feel angry but instead he feels happy to know that his mother doesn’t forget and abandon him. He feels relieved to know that he is still needed. “Dad already  left me.. Just don’t leave me anymore.”

Uncle Youngjae approaches the mother and son and caresses Yesung’s face with teary eyes. He apologizes for all his fault, for taking his mother and brother away from him and his father unintentionally.

“Do you know… do you know that you have little brother?” His mother says with a happy smile.

“Jinki?”

His mother is a bit surprised that he knows the name of his little brother. “Have you met him?”

Kibum who keeps silent; couldn’t help but chuckle. He squeezes Yesung’s hand softly and shifts his gaze at his mother. His usually cold eyes are twinkle with happiness.

“Apparently, the Yeye Hyung that Jinki always talks is Yesung. He works at Moonlight every Friday and Jinki must be meeting him there. They become close without realizing that they are brothers. Funny, right?”

Uncle Youngjae laughs heartily as his mother covers with her palm in disbelief. She went to the restaurant few time but never crossed path with Yesung but his youngest son did. Life is really full of surprise.

“Jinki is really a bossy kid. Where did he get that side from? I don’t think it’s from Uncle- ah no.. Appa.” Yesung giggles when he thinks about Jinki.

There is short silence after Yesung’s words. His mother and Uncle Youngjae are staring at him with wide eyes.

“You call me Appa.” Uncle Youngjae says slowly, trying to make sure that he doesn’t hear it wrong.

“You are my Appa. So I should call you with that honorific.” Yesung smiles, crinckling his eyes into crescent moon shape.

This time, his step father’s turn to cry as his mother laughs with teary eyes. He is happy that he finally found a place for him. He shifts his gaze at Kibum who is staring at him with gentle eyes.

“Welcome back, Yesung.”

**

It’s raining again outside. The weather is getting colder but Yesung doesn’t feel it. It’s because Kibum is beside him, wrapping his arms around his body. His older brother is always warm, despite how people say that he is a cold person. He feels safe in Kibum’s embrace. It feels like no one is going to hurt him because his brother will step up to protect him.

“Hyung?”

“Hmm…” Kibum hums as he Yesung’s left arm. It makes him feel sleepy but he still wants to talk with his brother. He wants to talk about many things that he doesn’t know where to start. But now they have all the time in the world to do the talk, he doesn’t have to worry.

Yesung snuggles closer to Kibum. They are now half-sitting on the hospital bed. Yesung keeps insisting Kibum to sleep on the bed with him instead of the couch because he wants his older brother to hug him. His parents already left the hospital since they can’t leave Jinki too long or he will throw a tantrum (apparently Jinki wants to go to hospital to see his ‘Yeye Hyung’ but since he has school, he will only be able to visit on weekend instead).

“Hyung, I miss you.” Yesung inhales the familiar smell of mint and cologne.

“Me too. I always miss you everyday. I am sorry for everything, Yesung.” Kibum kisses the top of Yesung’s head. He still feels guilty for everything that Yesung has been through.

“I forgive you, Hyung. It’s not possible for me to hate you. I love you, don’t push me away again.”

“I couldn’t protect you in the past but I swear with my life that I will protect you in the present and future. I will never leave you again, even if god tries to separate us… I will fight and try my best to make sure you don’t feel pain anymore.”

Tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter