Three

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is he… Is he

He can’t be… too late?

Yesung looks around and there is no one inside. The library looks deserted and no sign of human being. Is he too late? He remembers when Sungmin said that their vice president is very intimidating person. He probably will get a trouble because he keeps him waiting. He is doomed. He is about to do more self-blame but he catches a sight of petite girl with long brown hair pops out among the aisle of books. His eyes lit up in hope and walks towards her direction.

“Excuse me, you are Song Wendy… right?”

The petite girl turns around and slightly surprised when he sees Yesung. She carefully places a book in her hand to the shelf. “Yes. Aren’t you Kim Yesung? I thought you weren’t coming!”

“Yeah, I overslept.” Yesung blushes in embarrassment. “Is it still possible for me to help at library?”

Yesung is nervous now. He needs the job because he already turns down a part-time job at the café nearby his apartment because he chose to work as librarian.

Wendy clicks her tongue then chuckles. “Of course! Actually the vice president said that if I meet you, I have to drag you to work for the library. It seems like they are desperate because the lack of staff.”

“Oh, Thank god.” Yesung sighs in relief. “So what should I do?”

“Kibum Sunbae said that we only have to re-arrange the misplacement books on the shelves and he also said that it would be better if we can arrange it by alphabet but if it’s too much, we don’t have to do it. Oh! And when any student wants to borrow the book, we should make them fill some attendance book.”

Yesung freezes a moment when Wendy mentions the name. Is it possible that it’s his older brother? The thought kinda bothers him but he shrugs it off. Kibum is such a common name in South Korea, in fact he had three friends named Kibum when he was in middle school. It’s not a korean drama so the chance for it to happen is very low.

“…Yesung-ssi?”

“Huh?” Yesung finally snaps out of his thought. He looks at Wendy who frowns at him. “Oh, okay. I understand, Wendy-ssi.”

“Good. Oh, Is it okay if I take the desk job while you arrange the books? You know, I am quite short and it’s a bit hard for me to reach high part of the shelf.”

He bits a smile at Wendy’s words. The girl’s cheeks are red because her own words. She is very talkative, reminds him of his friend, Sungmin. They should meet each other, Yesung notes mentally.

“It’s okay. I will do the arranging job. Thank you, Wendy-ssi.”

Wendy grins and goes back to arranging the book. Yesung starts helping. They do some small chit chat and mostly it’s Wendy who talks. She mentions that she is actually from Canada and lives in Seoul with her grandma since her parents are busy with work overseas. Yesung learns that even though Wendy is scholarship student, she is actually quite wealthy. He promises to tell Sungmin later that scholarship student isn’t always poor people. Wendy goes to class 1-A which is located right beside his class and Yesung requests her to hang out during lunch break. Wendy nods and says they should because she doesn’t really have much friend to talk. People keep saying she is too talkative to the point they get tired. Yesung laughs and thinks about Sungmin. He smiles thoughtfully, it’s good that he doesn’t give up on his life because at the end he can start enjoying his new life.

**

Yesung actually already prepares himself when he steps inside the train. He scans around, trying to find the familiar face but he doesn’t find him. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, he thinks Kyuhyun will be in the train like usual. Is he late? It’s not like he cares about the tall boy, it’s just that he already prepares himself as a punching bag after he blurted his promise yesterday. It’s kind of relief to not seeing him in early morning.

He just realizes that Kyuhyun is actually absent. His seat is empty and he feels like a burden has been lifted from his shoulder. He is glad to know that the boy doesn’t go to school today. Another day to live. During lunch break, Yesung drags Sungmin to meet his new friend aka Wendy. It was a bit awkward at first but when Yesung explains to Sungmin that Wendy is also scholarship student AND also pretty rich, he gets excited as expected. In minutes, they become friends. They already talk a lot about everything in first meet. Yesung can only shake his head in amusement.

“Yesungie! I need to meet Mr. Kwon because I forget to give my paper work. Go to library first, I will catch up soon!” Wendy says in one breath and runs to opposite direction of library before Yesung can say anything.

Huffing in defeat, Yesung walks towards the library alone. Wendy is really a female version of Sungmin. Both of them very noisy and speak so fast. He doesn’t mind though, it’s better to have them in his quiet life. He arrives at the library and drops his bag on the librarian desk. Actually the job isn’t that hard, just arranging the books and assist students who want to borrow the books. The library isn’t always crowded. A lot of seniors and other random students from different grade spend their time here to work on their assignment but they rarely stay longer. Wendy says that it’s because the new term just starts, usually the library will be crowded during exams period. He rolls the cuff of his uniform and starts cleaning some books on the table. Students are sometime too lazy to return the books back after they use them. Someone walks inside the library and Yesung doesn’t bother to check who it is. He think it’s just Wendy.

“Oh so you finally show up, Kim Yesung.”

Yesung twists his head to the side and startles when he sees the student council president is standing at the door, looking almighty tall and handsome in his neat uniform. His dimple shows up as he grins. He is holding two canned coffee in his hands.

“Eh… President. W-what are you doing here?”

Siwon steps closer and sits at the chair nearby. He places the canned coffee on the table. His grin gets wider as he sees Yesung’s confused face. “It’s supposed to be my question. What are you doing here? The vice president told me that you didn’t show up tomorrow so I thought you didn’t want to work at our library.”

Yesung laughs awkwardly. “Oh… I… uh something happens so I was late but I still want to work here.”

“Ck.. Ck.. Ck.. Kim Yesung, first day of school was late. Checked.  First day of work is also late. What to do~”

The shorter boy flusters. Siwon knows that he was late on first day of school? Great!

“Kim Yesung. I saw you just arrived when I finished my speech. You know student point is very important, right? Especially if you are scholarship student. Should I tell the principal about it?”

Siwon takes his phone out of his pocket and pretends to make a phone call. Yesung gasps and snatches the phone in flash. His almond shaped eyes widens in horror.

The man with dimple smile is surprised at Yesung’s reaction. He was just teasing him but the other boy really thought he was serious. He chuckles at first but the chuckles turns into laughter. At the end he can’t stop laughing. This boy is really fun to tease.

“Why are you laughing?! I feel like I lost ten years of my life!” Yesung huffs in annoyance.

“I was just joking around.” Siwon finally stops laughing. “But make sure to never come late anymore, okay?”

Yesung nods as he gives Siwon’s phone back and about to apologize for his rude action but Wendy suddenly barges in with messy hair. It seems like she was running the way here.

“Yesungie!! I am here!” Wendy s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter