Nine

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : Violence, language, suicidal thought.  

Italic : Flashback

For Yewon shippers :3

 

Yesung starts the story from his parents got divorced. He tells Siwon when Kibum lives with his mother. When his mother got married again. When they left for Japan. When his father died in car accident. When his uncle came to claim all of the properties of his father. When his uncle starts beating him.

“From today, the house will be mine.”

Yesung stares at the man in front of him. He never knows that his father actually has a brother. He doesn’t believe him but he lets him stay anyway. At first Yesung doesn’t really mind his presence because it’s good that he has an uncle. He won’t be alone but things going downhill when his uncle starts taking away his stuff. His phone, his computer, even his PSP. He complains about it but his uncle only replies him with a lot of insults. He still goes to school like usual but the difference is when he comes home, he doesn’t feel  safe anymore. His uncle is somehow getting violent day by day. He asks him again to give his stuff back. He wants to contact his brother and mother who live in Japan.

“Your mother and brother will never come.”

Yesung looks up with so much hatred in his eyes. He never knows that the day when his uncle comes here to claim his father’s property is the day when he starts feeling the hell. His uncle treats him like he is a gum that sticks on his shoes. He thinks that Yesung is a dirt that he has to get rid off.

“You should be grateful that I am keeping you here. No one wants you.” His uncle blows his cigarette as he looks down on Yesung from his chair.

He still wants to believe that his mother and brother will come to save him. He doesn’t know how to contact them since his uncle always blocks every possible way to contact them. He can’t ask his mother’s family nor Uncle Youngjae’s. He is actually wondering why they never try to contact him. It makes him afraid. He is afraid that they actually forget him. It’s been two years since he is living in this hell. He looks okay outside but inside he is actually a broken piece. His uncle always find a reason to beat him, whether he makes a mistake or not. He is smart enough to not leave marks on visible place. Yesung wants to know why his uncle is so cruel to him but once he voiced that question and he got a pretty hard kick.

“They will come. They love me.” Yesung mutters.

His uncle starts laughing as if the thing that Yesung says is funny. He gets up from the chair and walk towards Yesung. He his head to the side and casually presses the burning cigarettes on Yesung’s shoulder. The boy screams in pain but the uncle keeps pressing it until he is satisfied.

..

“He keeps torturing me everyday. I have to keep silent about it because he says he will kill me if I tell anyone. I was so scared. I don’t want to die. I am scared of death. He is really good at abusing me mentally too, making me insecure about my existence. I don’t know why he is so cruel to me yet he still keeps me alive. As I get older, I finally know why.”

..

Yesung comes home to see his uncle on his phone, seeming like arguing with someone. He quietly walks pass by him, going back to his room. He doesn’t want to make his uncle angry and wishes that he is invisible so the man won’t notice him. Wish only a wish when his uncle suddenly throws his phone on the ground. Yesung is startled and accidentally bumps his knee on the table. Unfortunately the vase falls to the floor, drawing his uncle attention. He gulps in fear.

“Oy, bastard. Are you going to break everything in this house because you can’t have it?!”

His uncle walks closer and Yesung prays that today’s beating won’t be too much. Tomorrow his school is going to have sport festival and Yesung is going to play basketball with his friends. That’s actually the only thing that he enjoys in his hellish life. He doesn’t want his uncle to take that part too from him.

“I-I am sorry. I will.. I will clean it.” Yesung grips the strap of his backpack hard and looking on the ground. He is too scared to face his uncle who seems in bad mood.

“Sorry? Ha!” His uncle drags him by the hair into the bathroom.

Yesung is begging him to stop because it hurts so much that he thinks his head is going to get ripped off of his neck. His uncle pushes him down the floor and turns on the shower. He sprays the water without mercy at Yesung. It’s winter so the water is really really cold. Yesung screams a many ‘Sorrys’, hoping his uncle will forgive him and stop the torture.

“It’s because of you. YOU! I can’t even ing get the house and his properties because all of them belong to you.” He screams in fury. “Even if you are dead, I still can’t get it! I should just kill you.”

The boy begs for forgiveness but his uncles keep screaming so many insults and kick his body. He wakes up next day, still in the bathroom with ache body. He missed the sport festival, he never gets what he wants at the end.

“I learned that my father actually contacted the lawyer’s family two day before his death, which is strange. He told the lawyer to give all of his properties and money to me if he’s dead. He didn’t even leave a thing for Kibum Hyung, it still makes me shock until now. Maybe because he thinks that Kibum Hyung has Uncle Youngjae to take care of him? I don’t know.” Yesung pauses. “Now that it turns like this, I feel like my father could see the future. Except that his brother is actually coming to mess things up. He can’t even kill me because if I die, then all of my father’s wealth will go for a charity. So he keeps me alive since it’s useless to kill me.”

Siwon shakes his head in disbelief. To think that Yesung has been through things like that really shocks him. How can a person to be that cruel just for his greediness? Wealth isn’t everything in life. The tall man glances at Yesung who looks really melancholy. He actually doesn’t want Yesung to remember that horrible situation but he can’t help to ask. He is very curious.

“How… how did you get those scars on your back?”

Yesung smiles a little. He has a lot of scars, but the ones on his back are the worst. The scars are very nasty and he always avoids to look them when he stands in front self on the mirror. Those are the creation of his uncle, the one who almost killed him. The broken skins are reminder of his dark past, no matter how hard Yesung tries to forget it. He can’t. It will always haunt him, even in his sleep.

“You ungrateful child. You should be glad that I didn’t kick your out of this house.”

“This is my house not yours!”

His uncles slaps Yesung, making him fall to the ground with loud thud. He doesn’t stop and starts kicking him. He is drunk after all, but the young boy knows better that even if the man isn’t drunk, he is still a violent prick.

“How dare you use your fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter