After: 1st version sequel (Last Part)

After

And here you go. Long chapter. Last chapter. Hope you like how I ended it.


...


"Oppa..."

"Jihyo-ah..."

 

Her delicate hands pulled and hugged him. Frozen Gary react as soon as their skins touch. Naturally his arms covered her. Her fragrance filled his nose. He was almost blown away only by her scent. He wanted to hold her a little longer but he remember they have audience. Jihyo pulled away quickly to not raise suspicioun but it's too late. Everybody's looking at them right now.

"Why are you guys so awkward?" Suk Jin bluntly asked. Jihyo flustered. "Jinja? Anyinde." Jihyo hugged him again. This time non-chalantly to show them.

"Oppa, long time no see." she said smiling so bright. Deep down Gary admired her good acting. In just matter of seconds, he forgot all the bitterness he felt for weeks. Just by seeing her, angry or not angry, she healed him. He realized that's how love works.
"Jihyo-ah, you become so pretty now." he said sincerely. He looked deep into her eyes. She looked away out of nervous only to see the guys watched them with amusement.

"Waeyo?" she asked. Hoping her face didn't give away too much.
"Anyia, I'm hungry."HaHa said cheekily."Hyung, where's the food??".
"Yah! Ha Dong Hoon, you're the one who had to bring something from outside!"

The subject change, Gary and Jihyo relieved. Soon they all chatting lighty to one another. Gary was so happy meeting all of them again. They gathered around the table. Gary didn't have much in the kitchen after long day of full booked. He only had beers and a few snacks.
"Gary-ah gwenchana." Jae Suk said. "We already eat after filming". And so they drank. Jihyo sat in front of Gary. She felt his glance through their talks but she avoided eye contact with him. She was affraid they will blow up their cover.

"We miss you Gary-ah.” Suk Jin confessed."Be our guest again on next week filming!"
"Of course Hyung! I'll make sure I'll show up after the down payment!" Gary exclaimed. They all laughing out loud. The night felt so warm. Everybody can feel it. Not because of the summer or alchohol, but because he missed the time with them. Oh how much he loved those days. His happiness were doubled that night.

"So..."

HaHa put his glass on the table and sit straight. It looks like six glass of beer didn't effect him at all. Gary on the other hand, sit on the far end, looking really soggy after finish his second bottles.

"So when this going to end?" HaHa continued. Everyone looking at him figuring out what he was talking about. Gary and Jihyo looked confused. Jihyo really careful that night so she only drank a glass. She was quite sober.

"Are you all wanna go home already?" Gary being as innocent as can be. "Dong Hoon-ah, you're going to leave now?" Gary didn't catch the situation yet. Even when everyone's attention already turned to him. Jihyo sense the danger.

"That's not what he meant." JongKook said calmly. He didn't drink at all so he can read the situation clearly. Jihyo gulped in silent. KwangSoo playing with his bottle, sullen. Suk Jin chuckled.
"Then what?" Gary asked again."Wae Hyung?" his red face couldn't cover his disapointment. It was the first time he felt happy again after so many weeks.
"What he meant is..." Jae Suk took over. He looked at Gary with such intense eyes. He flinched being never have been looked by someone like that for so long. "When you are going to put an end to all these lies?"

Finally it snapped. Gary realize the situation now. He thinks hard of how to response. He stop himself glance at Jihyo, who looked really shock right now. He tried to find a way out only to humiliate himself by asking the lamest question.

"What do you mean Hyung?" he cursed himself inside."What lie?"

He continued his lousy lines when he knew his face already blew up his cover. Jae Suk, JongKook and HaHa sighed at the same time. Gary looked down, couldn't lie anymore.

"Jihyo-ah" Suk Jin started. Jihyo couldn't brought her face to look at him."We are family. How long do you guys intend to keep it?"
Gary and Jihyo finally looked at each other. They felt so ashamed.

"It's supposed to be a good news," KwangSoo said after being absent form talking for awhile. "But why I feel being betrayed now."

"Kwang Soo-ah, hyung..." Gary couldn't continue his plea. He didn't know what to say. He looked at Jihyo again to find some sort of help. To his surprise, Jihyo looked at him with different gaze. She nodded slowly and turned to the other.

"Oppa, mianeyo." Jihyo began."We are so very sorry for keeping this to ourselves. Maybe it will sound selfish, but we did have a reason---"

"We know that." HaHa said immediatly. She looked at him who surprisingly smiling. "We all know the reason." Gary and Jihyo frowned try to understand. JongKook chuckled. They all now smiling at the couple. And then Jae Suk conclude.

"It's a must for a family to tell the truth. But it also a must for a family to understand whatever reason you guys have. We are disapointed because you both didn't trust us enough but now let us show you what family is all about. We are so happy for you. And now I can assure both of you that what we shared tonight won't leak outside. You can trust us." Jae Suk is a wise man. They all know that by heart. Gary saw him with whole new light tonight. All of them is a gift. Yes, a family is a gift.

"We wish nothing but happiness for you." Suk Jin said. Smiling like a father would.

KwangSoo tapped Gary's shoulder and smiling so wide. "Just don't lie anymore Hyung. It doesn't suit you at all" said by the King of Betrayer. Gary supressed his laugh and hug the young guy.

"Gomawoyo." he said bashful. "I'm sorry. You guys are wonderful. I do not deserve this."

"It's true!" Suk Jin blurted out fishing the laughter out of them."What did you do in your past lifetime to deserve a woman like Jihyo?" They all laughing. Jihyo tear up a bit. JongKook side-hugged her.

"And by the way, we all already knew long ago. Jihyo left so many traces." she looked at him blankly."Jinja?"

"Hyung too!" HaHa said pointing at Gary while chuckling.

"We just waiting for you guys to come clean."

"Now we want to see everyday couple!" HaHa declared with his usual manner.

"Kiss! Kiss!" The guys of Running Man chanting. Gary and Jihyo flustered for a moment. Suddenly they remember they were in a bad state. But they can't ruin the moment. This is the right time to make up.

Gary made the first move. She was nervous, he knew,but he wanted to show her how much he missed her. How in the past weeks he felt exactly like a zombie. Neither live or die. He took her hands and kiss it tenderly. The others watched them with admiration. HaHa and JongKook clenched their fist together. KwangSoo tear up. Jae Suk and Suk Jin looked so happy. This is the moment they've been waiting for since Running Man first aired (Hmm not that early).

Jihyo gave him a look of adoration. She realized now how much she loved this guy of devotion. Right now she couldn't understand her then-decision to left him hanging by uncertainty.
They are now face to face. Only by looking at each other they knew they are settled. For Gary, it doesn't matter 'yes', 'no' or 'wait'. The more important thing is having her by his side at all times.
Jihyo took a deep breath and sighed. She try to control her overwhelming emotion. She remember the first time they kissed. She was nervous but the happiness took over her. Just like tonight.

Suddenly, with face only inches to each other, at the same time they giggled. Thinking how absurd that moment was. Here they were, missed each other so badly and want some time alone. But they can't just ignored the hyungs, oppas and dongseng who just forgave them and give them their blessing and love.

"Why are you both laughing?" JongKook blurted out. They have been holding their breath all this time to see the kiss of the century."Kiss her palli!" They all laughed hard by the remark. After laughing Jihyo begin loosen up. They did this all the time anyway. But this time they will do it in front of the family. So it feels like official.

And so they kissed in front of gasping supporters. They swear the moon just explode into tiny pieces like a confetti. The supporters response by clapping so loud, whistling and make some sort of noises. Being so happy for the couple, HaHa tear up as well. Jong Kook hug his crying dongsengs.  

Amidst of all those chaos Gary and Jihyo can't hear a thing. Forgeting all around them, all they can hear was the race of the heart beats. It was like an oasis after weeks in the dessert. Gary missed her soft lips so much he almost can't stop himself from devouring her. Jihyo, being a girl, almost can't contain herself too if she didn't remember the others. She put her palms on his chest and pushed him a bit, like she doesn't want to.

Coming back to the earth, they pulled away very slowly. Still can't get enough, Gary gave her pecks few more times. Jihyo smiling from ear to ear. And again, like always, Gary conveyed his words through his eyes. And as a soulmate she never failed to catch the message.

"I love you Mong Ji-ah..."


"I love you too Oppa..."


And so the night just begun...

 

...

The moon shine so bright that night. The dark skies show his brightest stars. The sight of the city view from above at night can heal a soul. But none of those beauties matters if you have long lost lover with you at that very moment.

He held her close on his lap facing the large window in the darkness of his bedroom. The moonlight shone on their bare bodies which half covered by a blanket. Jihyo circled her arms around his neck and keep kissing him. It was like a sweetest candy that never run out. In front of the city view on the highest floor they released their deepest passion for each other. Seems to be they don't want to end that already long night.

She pulled away for breathe. The light hit his face on exact right angle. The face of her lover, overflowed with desire and blissfulness. His eyes met hers who looked at him with so much love. He never fail to see an angel within her. Her silky but messy hair show how passionate their night was.

Jihyo caressed his face slowly. Unknowingly her tear drop fell in his hands.
"Don't cry, Mong Ji-ah." he wipe the tears away.
"I'm sorry, oppa..." she sobbed. "I'm sorry for dissapointing you."

Gary held her head and kissed her passionately. "Don't say that."He said."I love you, don't say sorry."

"I just think that I letting you down all the time." she whispered. She cannot looked at his face. "I let you hanging by my insecurity. I was too worried and affraid of the word marriage. I couldn't bring myself together and without thinking crashed your hope." She feel that she didn't deserve his kindness and patience. He kissed her nose and make her see him on the eyes.

"I'm the one to blamed, Jihyo-ah." He said."I forced you. I'm not supposed to left you like I did.  I supposed to give you sometime. It's normal. But I think I was just too eager to have you. I wasn't thinking and only led by emotion."
Gary kissed her forehead hope for her to understand. That night felt so calm and quiet. Only the sound of their breath filled the room.
"I'm sorry for not calling you after that. I was childish and selfish. Too proud to talk and settle it with you. More than once I think I just got lucky to have you. A wonderful person like you are will not have a guy like me if you can choose--."

Jihyo shut him up by kissing him fully. She held his head to take him deeper. Gary readily pull her closer.
Both pulled away at them same time, panting. Jihyo lay her forehead on his and calming her breath.

"Don't say that" she repeated his words."I love you, don't say that."

"I'd choose you oppa" she said almost crying again."I'd choose you for millions of reasons. I'd choose for million times. I will always choose you. And even if we die, in our next lifetime  I will choose you over and over again."

"You never force me. You took my heart with your words and actions. " she recalled those sweet moments. Gary listened to her and with his finger combing her hair softly. He felt so peaceful because she just said something that he thought he will never hear in his life.

"You won me fair and square." Jihyo smiled finally. Gary couldn't help to kiss his curved lips again. He kissed all around her face and make her gigled.

"Yes" she said out of the blue. This time she kissed him again. His cheeks, eyes, nothing spared by her. This is something that only happen in his dream.

"What 'yes'?"Gary asked her. Jihyo stop kiss him but still laughing. Gary amazed by her persona under the moonlight.
"A quiz for you, Mr. Kang." she smirked. "What could possibly the question, if the answer is 'yes'?"

"Jihyo-ah."He started whining."You can't just give people quiz in the late night. I already turned off my 'thinking part', my 'analyze part', my-- Ouch!" she slapped his chest.
"Yah! Kang Gary!" She raised her voice play mad."It's very simple one!" Gary chortled and rub his chest. Amused by the sudden change of atmosphere and her pout mouth.
"Let me off the hook this time Mong Ji-ah,"he said while hugging her tighter."I can't figure--" he stop talking all at once. He looked at her in an instant. Her bright smile and crescent-moon shape eyes just answered her own question. Gary marveled with a sudden revelation.

"You do..?" Gary heard his own voice trembled. His senses feel numb for a second. He waited for weeks and the answer just come out abruptly.
Jihyo cupped his face with her palms and kiss him tenderly.
"I should've said it sooner."she whispered in his lips. Gary was too captivated by the moment and reality. She traced her fingers around his lips and jaw. She, too, was amazed by the picture of their chosen future. Gary was speechless. She never failed to surprise him.
He suddenly got up with an out-of-ordinary strength and carrying her. Shock, she squeled and unconsciously holding on his neck tightly. The blanket dropped at once. Gary laughed his heart out.

"Oppa!" She exclaimed. He brought her to the bed and lay her softly. He took the blanket and cover them both. Before that he took something on his bed side table. He turned to her and show her a beautiful squared shape diamond.

She didn't recovered yet from her shock just then and now she completely lose herself.

He pulled the ring out and took her shaking hand. With an unfailling smile he put the ring on her finger gracefully. Another tears escape from the corner of her eyes. He didn't wipe the tears because he knew it was happy tears. Without saying anything he hug her and let her sobbed on his arms. And unknowingly he cried as well.

This kind of scenario was way better than what he had imagine. Way better than what he ever asked. Even in his dream. Because right now, it wasn't only a wishful thinking, wasn't only a fantasy. But a real happy ending story.

 

So this is it. I know I can’t satisfy everybody but I did the best I can. It’s hard to convey your feelings into words, you know hahaha . Especially this last chapter which I struggled the most. Sorry for the grammartical error and typo. Thank you for all the surscribers, readers and comments. And now we are waiting for the real good news. Wether it will come or not, let’s still support Gary and Jihyo for their individual works. Monday Couple fans, FIGHTING!