After

After

*All I did is wrote drafts, drafts, and drafts. I never really write anything from start to finish. But now after hear the upset news, I guess this is the time.. This story is not represent what I believe about them (for I believe that they've been dating long ago). Just a fiction mix with a spur of moment. And please bare with my grammar because I'm so bad at it. And typo.

 

 

 

Jihyo just got home at 11.15 pm. After a long day of hard work. She used to it. She've been doing it for 6 years now. Nothing's new. Running man always require your time and stamina. Well, every job is.
After got her in her apartment, her brother sped for home as well. She left alone with a tiredness and sweat. Eventhough its near winter. She only needs a shower and then sleep away. Always works. Or so she thinks.

She'd been lying to herself for a month. She taught after all day running, all day filming, photoshoots, interviews and all she can get rid all of the fatigues by showers and sleeps. Somethings missing and she knew it. Something's gone but she wont admit it.
For most of the nights she couldnt get a complete rest. Her mind wandered somewhere far and long. Her heart couldnt get peace and anxious all over her everytime. And by the morning all of it seems gone for a moment because of the business. But when the night comes all of it coming back to her.
She felt misarable. But she just keep denying it. Tears already on the edge but she just keep holding it. But tonight is the limit. Tonight, she will just let it free. Her feelings.

Her love...

She misses him. God, she misses him so much. He's been leaving for a month now and she just cant control herself anymore. At the floor of her living room she fell and wailed like a baby born. She was crying like there won't be no tomorrow. She curled up at the cold floor and keep cry and cry.
Never she felt loneliness like this. This loneliness can only be filled by him. No matter how many times she try to ignore the feelings in the name of profesionalism, she forgot that she's only human.
The feelings keep detained all this time because she knew she will always see him on the show. What she never knew is she didn't know he had a very significant effect on her. After he left, suddenly everything became so dull and weary. She was running but her soul stay still. She was smiling but her heart screaming. Like she said before in front of the whole world "There's no one can replace Kang Gary". Her own words stab her right through her core.

...

After what it feels like hours she stopped. Still lying on the floor. She just run out of tears. Her eyes wander to her phone try to find his pictures. She only had few of them. She found it. The picture taken on her birthday when her fans congratulated her. She only took a half of her own face. But his face is just right in the middle. She was taking picture of the whole squad but only them actually looked at the camera. His face was hillarious. His signature face. Not smiling and look like a pity boy and make everybody laughs. He always does that. Make everybody laughs.
And that's why she loves him. Yes. Love. That exactly what she feels for him. It took 6 long years to actually admit it in her heart. She keep placed him as coleague, oppa and friend in her mind.  Thats why when he left every particles on her body reacted so violently. Because she didn't place him in his rightful place. Her heart.


Too late now.


She lost him. She lost him for good. If she can turn back time, she would love to go back to the days when he just kept chasing and bothering her every monday and tuesday. Cheesy and childish. And what all grown ups do is moved on. She will just need strength to go on. And with that strength she finally left the floor and take some shower. A long shower. A hot tub maybe will kill the curiosity.
At the tub she felt her eyes swollen. But she didnt let it bother her. In the bath tub now she can think clearly. After cried her eyes out and let her feelings flow she cant help but think Gary too never showed his feeling. He did, of course, in front of the camera. All throughout filming for 6 years. But after the camera is off and they went back to their normal lives, he never really say anything. She joked with him all the time. Being close with him is never a problem. She hug him both in and out of the show. But as long as she remembere, Gary never showed her what he really feels. Funny, because he's quiet a expressive guy. Romantic and charming. Is it because he never really likes her?

She dont know which feelings was the worst. Feeling left behind by him or feeling never be loved by him. And now she cry again in the bath tub.

 

 

.....

 

 

Restless, Gary walk out on his balcony and take a pack of cigar. He takes one. It helps him think. It was cold outside but he need someplace to think.  In front of the beautiful city view he just cant thankful enough. The decision was hard. He knew he would hurt everybody because of this decision. It hurts him the same. All the fans upset and for them Running man was no longer the same. These past 6 years was the best part of his life. He, too, can't just threw it away. But time is running out. It's now or it will be too late.
He had been working on this field of music for 20 years. Yes, he worked on other fields too but his one and only passion is music. Everything else is just come as a bonus of his hard work. Bonus that came with options. Take it or leave it.
So he took it. He took it 6 years ago. He took it as a challenge for him to become more in this industry. Not just a musician but also an entertainer. That chance however came with another bonus.


Her...

He knew from the first look she's the one for him. Her crescent moon shape eyes when she laughed. Her big round eyes when she surprised. Her silky coloured hair. Her generosity, her kindness and calmness. Her strenght and basicly everything about her. How he saw her as a pure woman. And that thought never leave his mind. That feeling never leave his heart. Eventho he already leaves the show for a month.
He knew that the time is come.
He smiled to the wind. He blew the smoke under his breath. On that night. On that light-rainy night, right before the clock strikes 12, he stood in his balcony with a perfect plan for his future, laughing his heart out.

 

...

 

 

 

It was almost New Year and she tied up to work start from morning to the next morning. The snow pour heavily outside and it seems like storm would come. She looked at the clock. Her brother never fetch her late. She supposed to be on the drama set in 15 minutes but the boy isnt showing up. She keep calling him but all ended in mailbox.
"Where in the world is he?"
Right after she said that, the bell rang. She growled and take her bag to the door ready to scold him. However she freeze when she open the door.
There he was. Stood in front of her with the biggest grin in his face. The one and only Kang Gary from Jamsil. The one and only Kang Gary that she missed the most. He looked so cute with a red nose and watery eyes. He was covered with a thick coat and seemed to be in pain.

"Yah Mongji-ah! You wont let me in? It's cold here!" He whined. Oh how she missed his whining.


Still in freezing mode yet she moved a little to let him in. She was too focused on the person and didn't realize he brought something on his hands.

"Jihyo-ah, you haven't eat right? I get you some breakfast here" He said with his cool manner and non-chalantly placed it all in her table.

Still not recovered from her shock, she just stood there in good 2 meters away from him with mouth half open. Its been 2 months since and she hadn't seen him or heard anything from him and now he showed up casually like nothing ever happen.


"Mong ji ya, I also brought your favorite coffee here you know"
"Oppa, what are you doing here?"

She surprised herself. She sounded like choking but she wasn't. She didnt recognize her own voice. She used to be a strong and capable woman but right now in front of him she felt helpless.

Gary was now turn and see her glowing. Oh how he missed seeing her like this. Effortlessly beautiful and majesticly shinning. Even in the early morning, her bace face was the highlight of the day. He saw her stood with an unreadable face.

Without blinking and look directly to her eyes he said.

"I missed you"


And the wall cracked. The huge wall they both build to keep things steady between them in six years. To keep them away from each other. To keep them from their own halfs. And now the wall collapsed and wrecked not by hammer or metals. But simply by his strong proclamation which come out on nearly a whisper.
As a bold man he is he didn't tremble as he said it. He came for this. He knew he can't delay it anymore.  

And like a bomb exploded JIhyo dropped her bag and ran to him. The moment they've been waiting for. The feelings was way overwhelming. By only looked at each others eyes, they comunicated. The separation make them realize how they meant for each other. Gary readily open his arms and take her off her feet. She hug his neck and depend on it for her dear life. Gary hold her tight and swear won't let it go. They speak through their bodies. They hold each other like there was no tomorrow.


And after what it seems like forever they pulled away. They looked at each others eyes. They both crying silently and when they realize it they laughed. The tears kept flowing but their laughs keep going. Gary swing her and the laughs just getting louder. This is his life is all about. Her laughter. He dedicated his life to make her laugh. To cherish and to hold. Forever.


Just by looked at his eyes she get her peace that had been gone for months. Just by covered in his strong arms already healed her confused mind. All the sadness, brokeness and crookedness  suddenly swept away by the mere of his presence.
And to perfected the moment they both simultaneosly closed the gap between them and their lips found the way home. They kissed with six years worth of unfulfilled desire. It was like the time stop for a while to watch them released their passion.

Jihyo pulled out and smile but Gary take her again. The kissed again and then laughed again. They repeated it like it was the most fun game in the whole world. It seemed like they can't get enough of each other.
Tired of laughing, they now giggling like teenagers. Gary rest his forehead to hers and closed his eyes. Jihyo keep looking at him. She knew she's lucky. The world knew she's lucky.
He open his eyes and found her staring and smiling. He put her hands on his waist and rounded his arms on her shoulders hold her closer.

"I want you Song Jihyo" he said with his signatured cheeky smile. She punch his chest and pushed him.
"Ya! Thats my line!" she claimed and jump on him once again and kiss him full.

At the door Seong Moon witnessed it all and smile. He knew all along that fate brought them together. And the hunch just got confirm by the message he got from producers that filming was delayed because of the weather. That new year, their new life begin.

 

 

*My first fanfic ever! I shipped many couples but this one is special. Hope you enjoy it and probably could mend your broken heart because of the news. I sincerely hope the best for Gary, Jihyo, all the members and for the show as well. Please dont hesitate to comment and thank you very much for reading.