After: 1st version sequel (Part 2)

After


I'm sorry for the late update. I was planning to end it with this chapter but somehow I writing it too long for one chapter. Still, please ignore the grammatical error and typo =)

 


The sun peeking from the curtain. The clock showed 06.15 AM and the alarm went off. His hand reach for it and turn it off immediatly. He didn't sleep a blink. He was tired but his mind didn't let him. His eyes gazing at the curtain after all night long look at Monday couple picture on the wall.

He sighed and finally closed his eyes. Three weeks without comunication. Three weeks without proper sleep. After Gary left her apartment broken hearted, they didn't talk at all. Everything left hanging between them. He felt helpless and hopeless. Helpless because he couldnt help himself to call her. And hopeless because he desperately want to hear her voice. Ask her "why don't you just say yes??".

"JIHYO YAA!" He screamed her name onto the pillow.

"SARANGANTA!"

"Don't you know that?!"

His voice was muffled by the pillow, but he really wanted Jihyo to hear it. He wanted to cry but he can't. He felt more tired than sad. How long do he has to wait for her?

Feel restless and anxious.

How come she don't call me at all? Doesn't she miss me? Right! Now we are playing push and pull again?? I thought that was already over!

He blurted out on his mind. He kicked the bed cover and throw the pillow away as if it was their fault.

"Aissh! I don't understand you woman!" Gary snorts.

"I dont either."

Gil standing by the door. Gary forgot he let Gil stay after they tried to finish one song that night, which failed miserably. Gil knew something was off with his brother.

"They are complicated I know" Gil continued with a calm face looking really funny somehow.
"Get yourself a coffee." Gary lift his body up from the bed, ignore him.

 

...
They eat the breakfast that Gil prepared with silence. Sounds from TV heard from the corner of the room. But they didn't really listen. They are in their own minds.

"I proposed to her"

"Great. How?" Gil replied fast. Incredible because his mouth still full.

"On the couch while we are lazing together"

"Hmmm."

"It doesn't matter, Jihyo doesn't like romantic type."

"Agreed. Unlike you."

"She refused."

"No wonder-- Ouch!"

Gary slap his bald head hard.

"What's that for??" Gil yelled caressing his precious skull.

"For stomping on me while I'm already on the ground."

"I was going to say 'no wonder you looked so down!'"

Gary looked at him blankly.
"Sorry, reflex " Gary mumbled.

"You already prepared for that,huh?" Gil scoffs. Gary chuckled and carry on eat.

"Jihyo is too precious for you,you know." Gil said, obviously still angry. Gary sullenly eat his rice.

It went quiet again. The morning felt even more gloomy.
Gil took a glimpse of him before take the dishes to the sink. Gary stay seated and gaze outside the window.

"Did she say 'no'?" Gil broke the silence.

"No." Gary said bluntly. "She said she needed more time". He explained remember the back of hers when she said that.

"She did not refused then" Gil replied while doing the dishes.

"She did when she decided not to call me at all after that."

"Well, that's because she needs more time." Gil reason." Just like she said." Gill put the last cleaned plate on the drawer. He turned to see his confused friend.

"She loves you. You know that."

Gary went silent again. Seems like something is sinking in. The sound from TV getting louder by itself. He his shoulder and see Ppopo, his dog was playing with the remote. Gary left his seat, took the puppy and lift it up to his face.

"Ppopo saranghae. Will you marry me?" Ppopo loudly barking answer him. Even my gae brother receive me immediatly.
The yell heard from the kitchen came along with a spoon threw across the room.

 

...

Running man filming began at 07.00 am but she already on the set at 06.15. The staff was busy prepared for the shoot and Jihyo sat quietly on the corner. She saw people walking  pass by her but she didn't really pay attention. Her mind was somewhere else.

Jihyo on the other hand feel exactly like her significant half. Restless and anxious. She didn't get enough rest either after that day Gary left her apartment. She felt really miserable and guilt overcome her like a heatwave. She wanted to call Gary right away but affraid she still can't get him an answer.

She was affraid. That's it. That's the only reason she can answer him. She really want to say it to him but she couldn't bring herself to. Why so difficult? Why I make it so difficult? She thought to herself. She didn't mean to let Gary hanging like this. She loves him so much too. She can't imagine how her life without him. But here she is, let everything unsettled between them. The problem is in her, she knew, not him. The insecurity she felt based on her past experience. Thing about marriage worried her too. To be married to him is her dream. But is this the right time? Is she really ready to be his wife? To show the world that they are real? These questions keep popping every single day since that day. His face of disapointment haunted her and make her want to tear up instantly.

"Oppa mianhaeyo!" She screamed in her mind while cover her face with her palms and moves her feet anxiously.

"What's wrong with you?" Jae Suk suddenly showed up. Jihyo pull herself together and greet him saying nothing is wrong.

"Anyi. I just still sleepy"

"You're early Mong JI yah. Unlike usual". He looked at his dongseng and see that she didn't look really well. Her oppas in Running Man always took care of her. They knew each other like a real family do. And it is uncommon for Jihyo to come to the set early than everyone else. This time because she couldn't sleep last night think about Gary. But she won't admit it to Jae Suk.

"Really? Hehe" she laughed nervously. They conversed lightly while waiting.

"Have you met Gary?" Jae suk asked out of the blue. Jihyo flustered for a moment."I haven't seen him for months. After his last album, I didn't get a chance to call him again."

"I-I haven't seen him either". She tell the truth. Half truth.
Jae Suk sense the uneasiness from her voice and quickly jump off like a predator to its prey.

"Why are you stuttering? Have you met him secretly?"
Jihyo obviously looked shock this time but quickly composed herself.
"Anyi oppa. Stop that already. Why you ask so many question? I still not fully awake yet" She dodge the bullet by whining.
"Oh true, mianata." Jae Suk said lighten the mood."It's just you looked nervous all of a sudden."

Jihyo said she's fine and the two agreed to drop the topic. But inside she just couldn't. Soon the other members join them as well and they started the filming. Jihyo basicly dragged her legs around all day. That day was hard because she couldn't put her mind straight. Gary seems always get in the way. But the day haven't finish yet.

"I want to meet Gary hyung at his restaurant now" Haha told them after the filming ended late night."Who wants to join?". Her eyes goggle but thankfully nobody notice.

"Yeah, let's meet him." JongKook said."I haven't seen him for awhile."

"I drank with him last weekend."KwangSoo said."He seemed to have some problems."

Jihyo quietly bit her bottom lip. Again nobody notice.

"Really?" Suk Jin joined in."Then we sure have to see him".

"I mentioned this to Jihyo this morning too." Jae Suk blurted out."We haven't seen that brat either." He added with a little laugh.

She couldn't refused the offer because just a moment ago her brother came to her to say that he needed to leave early for another job and since she didn't have any schedule she can go home by herself.

She didn't mean to avoid Gary. She certainly need to settle things with him. But not with the members around. She sighed and joined them as well without complain.

So there they were, after the filming, in Jae Suk's car go to see their dearest brother. She thought she can't hide any longer.

"Jihyo ya gwenchana?" Jae Suk asked from front passenger seat. His manager driving the car." You look pale" He can see her from the rear view mirror.

"I'm fine oppa." She answered calmly."Just a little bit tired, that's all"

"Do you wanna go home?" HaHa jump in as well.

"Anyi oppa."she said calmly."I want to see him too."


...

"Hyung!"

HaHa called out loud since nobody's around. The restaurant was already closed. Gary heard it from the kitchen and walked up to him.

"Dong Hoon-ah!" Gary replied expecting him but only to surprised that he wasn't alone. One by one they noisily entered the place. His hyungs that he respect the most, Jae Suk, Jong Kook and Suk Jin walked leisurely behind Haha. He was too shock to grab them by the hands. Suddenly the warm of affection flows in him. That moment he realized how much he missed his old clan. Running Man clan.

Jae Suk pulled for a hug when he saw him freeze. Gary, came back to his senses, return his hug. He smiled so bright. Something he hadn't done for weeks. Sincerely.

"It's been so long Gary-ah."Jae Suk said. He patted his head lightly.

"Ah Hyung, bogoshipoyo!" Gary exclaimed with his usual manner. He was loving this surprise.

"How come you never call me?!" Jong Kook said behind Jae Suk."And why you look so unhealthy? I think I should just drag you to the gym."

"What you do without us Gary-ah." Suk Jin butting in."You need someone to take care of you since we're not around anymore." Gary felt so thankful and regretful at the same time. Gary hugged his dear hyungs till he saw Kwang Soo stood there with gleeful smile.

"Kwang Soo-ah, even we just met yesterday let me hug you too." Kwang Soo welcomed his hug. But since his dongseng is bigger than him, he didn't see that someone waiting nervously behind.
But he saw her finaly, of course. He could sense her presence from the start but he just too shock to see the others. Still, he startled.

"Oppa.." she said quietly. Failed to do her acting in front of the members. Something she planned on her mind on their way there.

"Jihyo-ah..." Gary was never a good actor to begin with. Unbeknownst to them, the others watched them with a great curiosity.

 

 

...