After: 1st version sequel (Part 1)

After

Thanks for the positive feedbacks I decided to make a sequel of the first version. I just brushing my writing skills (in english) so please bare with me.  Sorry for the wrong grammar and typo.

 


The relationship between them have not known by the people. For about seven months they keep it under the surface. They mantain it as low as possible. Only their families and Gil knew the secret. Gil is like a brother to Gary. He even trusted his life to him. Gil, too, is more than willing to help them as  much as possible.

The reason they don't tell the Running Man members yet because they are so close to the media and press. If they know, high chance for other party will know as well. Gary feel like betraying them. Gary and Jihyo know they will do nothing but support them. They will give them blessing and so on, but right now is just too dangerous. They'll know when the time come.

The consenquences of being in a secret relationship is they have to be really careful of everything. And by everything it means everything. All the schedules and secret meeting have to be arranged tightly and neat, so things won't go blow up to public. After Gary left Running Man he has more free schedules than Jihyo so he's the one who adapt with her.

Eventhough he lives alone on his apartment, so many people come and go and make themselves at home so that's why they date mostly on her apartment. It was their fortress. Where they can be only with each other. Where they can let go all the yearning and desire for one another. They treasured all of their rare moments.

All the obstacles and the difficulties did not kill their longing for each other, eventhough it probably only for once or twice a month. They knew by heart that they are meant for each other.

For Gary, he knew they couldn't do this forever. And as a man, he need to think further for their future.

 

...
That Sunday afternoon were one of their rare meetings. They were laying lazily on her couch. After finish her drama she got a break. Gary still working on his new song and have to go to Taiwan that late night but decided to spend a couple of hours with her.

Jihyo check her schedule on her phone one last time and then put it away. She rest her head on his chest and hold him. Gary pull her closer and feeling the moment. He so thankful for where they are now.
Suddenly she got up.

"Ugh, this couch is too small!" she whined.
"Then why don't we go to bed?" Gary teased.
She slapped his chest a bit hard. Gary choked but still laughing.
"Arasso, arasso" he giggled and pull her down again. "Mianhae." She said.
Jihyo lay down again and his chest. "You have to go back soon, oppa." She added."You need to finish your work". Gary kissed her forehead. "How come you say that when you know I am exactly where I needed to be." He hugged her tighter. Jihyo lightly giggled. She didn't know if she would be able to let him leave later.

She was so attentive towards him. They rarely meet but they check on each other anytime possible. So she knew whenever he got too tired or too busy. He, as well, try his best to take care of her. They knew they need to endure all the hardship for the sake of love.

"I have bigger couch but you know..." he said while hold her hand on his chest.
"I know oppa"

Time after time some of Gary's coleagues were suspicious when sometimes he just dissapeared and couldn't be reached.


"Yah!I went to see my Ommoni" he would tell them. Or "I went to write lyrics somewhere".


"Panda's really hard to convince" he said after long pause. "Last time he kept pushing me to tell the truth. Sometimes he can be really annoying. Thank God Gil helped along."


"Why you all wanna know anyway? Your hyung is fed up with all of you!". Gary smile when remember that.

Jihyo smiled and nodded. Still closing her eyes inhaled his scent. Because of the all obstacles they rarely spend time like this. So she want to treasure every second of it.

"But I jealous of him". Gary said in low voice.
"To who? Panda?" Jihyo asked "Why? You want to be a DJ too?".
"Anyi"
"Then why?"
"Because he's married."

 

In a second the room gets quieter than before. She opened her eyes, brought her head up and looked at him to found out he was already looking at her. He looked so determined. Jihyo slowly sat up. Gary followed and catch her hands again. He looked deep into her eyes and she knew without him saying anything. The time has come. She looked back at him with an unreadable face.

"Jihyo-ah." Gary called softly."My love, Jihyo-ah." He began poetic. He caressed her face. She stayed still. Looked as tensed as ever.
"My life, Jihyo-ah..." He kissed her hand. Nobody can deny that Gary indeed is a romantic guy.

He pull her closer till their face only inches away. Gary still could not read Jihyo's expression.
"I never wanna push you." Gary now cupped her face with his palm and smile."But don't you tired of running away? Keep lying to people? To the world?

"We keep saying we're not in love to the others. Keep denying the truth. Don't you tired at all?" He said desperately. "I want to hold your hands in front the whole world. I want to tell the world I have you by my side. To tell the world that we are indeed a couple!"
The time has stop to watch them. Both could hear each other's heart beat. It was her turn to cupped his face. Gary lower his hands to her shoulders.

"More than anything else .." He continued."I want to spend my life with you. Be with you day and night. Come home to you every single day. And then raise our children together. Become one. Forever"

"I'm sorry if I sounds to cheesy." Gary chuckled try fish the laughter out of her. Her face still looked shock. "And I'm sorry if I propose like this. You're easy going and simple girl, so I don't think any-- Jihyo ah what's wrong?"

Gary couldn't help himself from questiong Jihyo's reaction. This is something he did not see  coming. Her tensed face and lack of response was obviously part of his expectation, but this serious face with mouth tightly shut was somehow different from what he had imagine. Jihyo seemed to think hard at the moment.
She caressed his face one more time and then got up. She left Gary to the kitchen without saying anything. Hurt, Gary could not move a muscle so he just sat there looking at the opposite direction.

There was supposed to be summer but a gushing wind just slapped the window and make a loud clank. But none of them flinch. Never in his right mind that this kind situation might come out after he said the magic words. He'd been repeating any kind of scenario of this proposals and all end up with her saying "yes" and they hug and kiss like every normal couple did. But now he was not ready for this awkward situation.

 

"Don't you wanna marry me?" He finally said. Straight to the point.


He regained his strenght and now facing her. She stood by the kitchen and resting her hands at the table, showing her back. And then the words that never came accross his mind came through from accross the room.

 

"I don't think I'll be ready for that"

 

She said with a low voice, almost like a whisper but yet he heard it like a thunder. The moment was seem unreal. Gary definetly did not prepared for this sudden outburst. He thought everything will go as plan.

"Jihyo-ah..."
"Oppa..."


She was now facing him. Brought her face up to seem his shock face. Her watery eyes make her looked away again.

"Give me more time..." she slowly added.


Gary heard her say that but did not know how to response. The heaviness on the air thickened. Both affraid of what each other's might say next.
Gary, clouded with disapointment and impending tears, took his car key at the table and turned to the door. He decided not to hear anything more.
"Oppa have to go now."He said without look at her."Let me know when you're ready."

And he left. Closing the door behind him and walked out of her apartment, not caring anyone will recognise him. He walked straight to his car and then sped up. Hoping that maybe something will snap him out his mind for awhile. Hoping that he will find it along the way to the nothingness.

Right after he closed the door Jihyo sliding down from her grasp and fell to the floor. Feeling numb and legless. This was not supposed to happen. The sound of a speeding car make her realize of what she just did. That she probably will heard that for the very last time.


...