Chapter 4

Color of the Wind, Sound of Night

It been one of those nights again. Him laying on his bed, contemplating. Taekwoon wasn't sure of anything at the moment. It's been a week since he got the diagnosis.

He did know one thing. He was sick. Sicker than he ever thought of being. The road to recovery(if he ever recovered), would be a long one.

Shivering, he sat up in his bed. Oops, the window was open. For all he knows, he could've of left the door unlocked too. Shutting the latch and locking it carefully, he tiptoed down the staircase, for whatever reason, he wanted to be quiet. It felt like if he made too much noise, things hidden in the dark wouldn't be so hidden anymore. It was a very childish way of thinking, but old habits die hard. So Taekwoon didn't really care at the moment.

Taking a long look at the situation in front of him, he realizes two things. One, the door was unlocked and not only that, it was wide open. Mental face palm. Was he really that out of it? The second thing was that he should have brought a weapon to defend himself. Sure, he knew taekwondo, but since he hadn't practiced in awhile, being that just how much he still knew was- vague.

Venturing further into the living room, Taekwoon could here small sounds coming from the kitchen. Well he knew it wasn't a robber, because who keeps items of value in the kitchen? The most expensive device in there was  probably the Kitchen Aid mixer he'd gotten last year from his mother. Who'd want that?

More sounds, and a bit of shuffling, and only a foot left till he was in the kitchen. He had the sneaking suspicion that it was-

"Hakyeon!" A shriek was heard as he flipped the switch, revealing an very inebriated, and off-kilter Hakyeon. The fridge door was ajar, the light  and cold air spilling out seemly copiously.

"Taekwoon." The way his name came off of Hakyeon's lips almost convinced him that his friend was sober- but no. He wasn't, nope.

"Are you drunk? Wait, don't tell me. I don't know why I asked you that. It's very obvious that you are-  the real question being why are you drunk?"

Hakyeon just stared at him like he was crazy. In which he most likely was. He'd have to make that appointment soon.

"Hakyeon?!" That seemed to snap him out of it.

"Oh, Taekwoonie-ah, do you know how long I've hidden it?"

"Hidden what?" Hakyeon was pacing a bit. Face a bit flush, slightly twitching hands. Drunk he is.

"You,y-you figure it out." He slumped to the floor, his slim self curling up on the floor.

"Hakyeon, you know the floor is-” Oh. So that's what this was about.

This was a confession. No wonder. With all the clingy-ness that was Hakyeon as of recent, that could've also been the reason why he had been so over protective as well.

"Wait a minute. You've been trying to tell me all this time? I really don't know what to say-" he was so embarrassed. So being Taekwoon, he tried to take control of the situation the only he knew how. By kicking him out. "Umm, why don't you leave. I'm not angry or anything, but don't get me wrong, I'm tired, and it's late. Plus your drunk, and we both have work tomorrow. Why don't you go home and rest?"

The pinched look on his face said otherwise, but he agreed nonetheless. 

Their walk to Hakyeon's house was fairly short.
After hydrating and tucking his hyung into bed, he returned back to his own house. It was heartless of him to push Hakyeon away, he knew. The least he could have done was take his cruel back over there and given some comfort. But his condition wasn't exactly top tier, as grudgingly remind himself.

 

Taekwoon was ready to fall face down into his fluffy ,soft pillow, and sleep until the lines between day and night blurred into one. He was so freaking exhausted.

His clock read 12pm. Damn it. Working on no sleep? Definite problem.

Ever have that feeling where you're so tired, that you can fall asleep practically anywhere- except your own bed? Yep, that was him,  right now.

He tossed and turn, the comforter tangling in his slender legs. His window may have been closed, but the curtain was still pulled back, letting in the soft blue moonlight. Funny how the world still spun 'round, even when he felt like his was being chipped away, piece by piece.

There was a moment when the house was completely silent, then he heard the front door open and close, feet dashing upstairs, and a weight landing softly on his bed. Literally all happening within a mere minute. What the heck.

"Hakyeon, WHAT do you think you're doing?" No response, just a cold face and warm breath snuggling into the crook of his neck. It was a bit daunting how Hakyeon didn't like people(save for Taekwoon) touching him when he's sober, but when drunk, gets all clingy.

To be honest, it wasn't the first time Hakyeon got drunk either.

He turned around, resigning himself to this date, because there was no way that Hakyeon was going back home now. His friend layed on top of the comforter, so he had to pull it out from under him, trapping Hakyeon underneath the blanket.
 
Hakyeon whimpered a bit, so Taekwoon pulled the man closer, putting  his face against chest. Fingers wandered along the smaller man's back, gently massaging, pushing, relieving the tension. It was strange, because usually it was Hakyeon who comforts Taekwoon. But now, since the roles are switched, he feels a lump rise in his throat.

Could this be a sign? One that is alerting him that things are about to change? Things were already becoming so different.

Taekwoon wondered what triggered the onset of change.The sheets shuffled about,  Hakyeon tossing around in his sleep, pulled most of the blanket off off Taekwoon.

*Sigh* He slid off the bed and opened his closet, taking out the extra blanket  for himself.

He slipped back in, pulling Hakyeon close, taking his original blanket, as well as the extra one and wrapped it around the both of them.

"Its about time-" Taekwoon thought as he finally began drifting off to sleep.

 

He tiptoed around the corner, looking for any passerby, then darted into his office. It was by pure luck that he hadn't been spotted by anybody since arriving at school.

Why was he, Jung Taekwoon, sneaking around when he could've just walked right in?

Well, there was the fact that he felt awkward being back in the school after week off. Plus he did collapse in front of his students. They were probably worried about him. No, just his 3rd hr would be like that. They were a lot more- understanding than his other students. 

Then  there was Hakyeon to deal with. When awaking this morning, the elder was already gone, but left a note on the bedside table. It was mostly an apology,  for becoming drunk and barging in, but Taekwoon knew it was much more; the things that the message implied, that he was really apologizing for.

Which explains his odd behavior of sneaking into the school. How would be able to explain himself if he ran into Hakyeon?  Just how much did he remember about last night?

Taekwoon looked at his watch. Class wouldn't start for another half an hour. What should he do? He couldn't make up a lesson plan; that was done the day before. He could talk to Hakyeon- is that really a good idea?

 Would Taekwoon be imposing?

There were three quick knocks on the door, and before it even opened, he knew exactly who it was. Hakyeon was always like that when they've had a fight.  Being overly polite, like he's afraid of being offensive.

 Even though this wasn't really a fight. More like a squabble. Or some weird misunderstanding.

"Hi."  Hakyeon says, shoulders hunched. He had gaze downward, his face looking a bit pink. 

"Hi." 

The atmosphere had become a little awkward. Taekwoon wished that Hakyeon could hurry up and say what he needed to say, because starting class with this on his mind wasn't going to be exactly beneficial to the both of them.

"We need to talk. You know, about last night."

Oh, so he did remember. "I don't know what you want me to-"

"I'm just here to tell you that I didn't mean it. I think I confused love and friendship so I just wanted you to know that."

"Hakyeon, I- okay, I understand."

He walks over and gives his clingy hyung a hug,  enjoying the warmth that is Hakyeon. The other hugs him back, his form slightly shivering, then pulling away.

"I guess I'll see you later, yes?"

Taekwoon shakes his head. "No, I have a doctor's appointment  at 5'o'clock, so unless your coming to my house, I probably won't see you. I also know you have a meeting at lunch, so we couldn't meet then either.

Hakyeon nods. "I might come to see you when your home later. Since we live so close to each other. Bye" he walks out the door, closing it just as the first bell rings. "See ya-"

Hakyeon was definitely lying.