Runaway

First Dance

"Unnie. Unnie, wake up. Omma's waiting for you downstairs," Sulli said while waking her sister Sooyoung.

 
"Not now 'saeng. I'm trying to sleep," groaned Sooyoung. She covered her head with the comforter. She was late last night because she attended a party. She drank so much that when she got home she fell asleep at the sofa. Thank God that her parents didn't saw her or else she'll be in trouble. She still have this hangover and all she wants to do this day is to sleep and sleep some more.
 
"Ok then. If you're not going downstairs then I'll have to tell Omma what you did last night," Sulli blackmailing her.
 
"Arasso!! Give me 10 minutes to clean myself.." Sooyoung jumped off of her bed and ran towards the bathroom.
 
"Unnie, make sure that you'll wear a dress today. Omma told me that she will introduce you to someone."
 
"Yah!!" Sooyoung shouted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Downstairs
 
"Omma, you called for me?" Sooyoung asked her mother whose sitting elegantly while having her coffee.
 
"Neh. Where were you last night?" Her mother asked her without looking.
 
"Umm..." *think Soo, think!!* "I was with my friend... yes... and um... we did our h-homework together. T-that's why I'm late." She lied to her mother. She was sweating when her mother turned to her with a cold expression on her face. 
 
*As I thought, she'll never buy my excuse!* Sooyoung thought while looking at her mom.
 
"Arasso. It doesn't matter anyway." She puts down her coffee. "What matters today is that you will meet this gorgeous young man. So you better get ready before he arrives." She stood up and passed Sooyoung.
 
"Neh," answered Sooyoung out of nothing to say.
 
As she walks back to her room, her older brother, Siwon, called her. He told her to enter his room and  so she did.  
 
"Oppa, waeyo?" Sooyoung asked as she entered his room. Her brother looks worried and tensed. Then he looked at her with a sad face. She was confused with his brother's actions. "Oppa, what's wrong? Are you okay?"
 
"Neh, I'm fine," Siwon answered. He looked at her and after that grabbed her hand and hugged her. Sooyoung still confused, hugged him back. They're in that position when Siwon broke the silence.
 
"Sooyoung-ssi, you know that oppa loves you, right?" Siwon said, without letting her go.
 
Sooyoung looked at his brother. He saw sadness in his eyes. "Of course I know that, oppa. You're the best big brother a little sister can have."  He looked at him with confusion. *why is he acting like I'm leaving?*
 
She heard him chuckle but then he was back in his serious self. "Oppa, what's happening? Why are you acting like I'm going somewhere?" She can't help but to ask that question.
 
He just smiled and hugged her tight. "Promise oppa that you'll always follow your heart. That you'll go with your instincts and do what is right. Arasso?" He let her go and grabbed her shoulders. He just looked at her brother and nodded. She doesn't understand what he's saying but she will always remember what her big brother told her.
 
Siwon pushed her out of his room and before looking back at his brother he closed the door and locked it. She just stood in front of his room when someone patted her shoulder. She turned around and saw her little sister standing behind her.
 
"Unnie, your guest just arrived. Omma told me that you should prepare yourself," said Sulli.
 
Still thinking of what his big brother told her, Sulli pinched her cheek real hard. "Unnie!!!!"
 
"Yah! Why did you do that?" sooyoung shouted while caressing her cheek.
 
"Because your not listening. Omma told me that you should get ready. Your visitor's downstairs and I must say, he's Gorgeous. As in capital 'G'." Her sister smirked.
 
"O shut up! Just tell Omma that I'll be downstairs in a minute." Then she ran towards her room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Downstairs
 
While walking down the staircase, she saw her Mom and Dad talking to a Couple and a man that looks like 3 years older than him. *not bad Soo* As she was about to call her mom but the couple noticed her.
 
"O, she's beautiful. She looks perfect as my son's wife," said the lady with a satisfied smile on her face.
 
And right then, she knew that her parents were up to something. She looked at her dad with a confused face but it seems like he was avoiding looking at her. She looked at her mom who's busy talking with the couple. Then she looked at the man who's just sitting there so calm. She grabbed her father's hand and pulled him close.
 
"Appa, what's the meaning of this?" She whispered.
 
"I'm sorry dear. I've tried everything I can do but... I don't know..." Her father pulled his hand from hers and went to her mother's side. She was left there, standing, shocked. Then her mother signaled her to come closer. When she's near them she was more shocked with what her mother said.
 
"Next week will be your wedding with Cho Kyuhyun, the son of my two dearest friends," pointing to the guy who is now looking at them. *I think he hates this arrange marriage more than I do* She thought when she saw Kyuhyun's face. He looked angry based on his eyes. "You will be living together after your marriage. So this week, both of will cooperate with with us for your wedding. Understood?" she continued.
 
"Omma!!" she shouted. She had had enough. She saw shock in their faces especially Kyuhyun's. Then she remembered her big brother... *always follow your heart, go with you instincts and do the right thing...* Now she gets what her Oppa was trying to say. He was also forced to marry some rich girl he never knew. And it's because of that damn business proposal, her mother's close friend proposed to her. She promised herself that she will never have the same fate just like his. She took a deep breath and looked straight to her mother's eyes. She will do anything just to keep her freedom.
 
"I'm not gonna marry him. I'm not gonna marry anyone. I don't want to be forced into marriage just because of a damn business. It's just like your selling your own daughter, her freedom, beacause of money." She exclaimed not looking at the Cho's. 
 
She saw anger in her mother's eyes. Her eyes widened when her mother raised her hand and was about to slap her. Then out of nowhere, her brother grabbed their mom's hand.
 
"You'll never do the same thing to Soo nor to Sulli. They deserve their freedom. Aren't you contented that me ,your only son and the successor of Choi's Company, was forced to marry some girl that I never knew but followed your orders just for the company? Omma, please, stop this." She saw tears building up in her brother's eyes, and so is her's. She wants to hug her brother so tight. Then they heard someone crying. She saw her sister running towards them crying. Sulli hugged her and her brother.
 
"Stop this nonsense!!" Her mother shouted. She can see so much anger in her eyes. She was also shaking. "No matter how you disagree, there will still be a wedding happening! Now go to your rooms!! Now!" 
 
"Follow your heart..." Siwon whispered. Right then she had decided.
 
"No!" She said full of determination. "I will not go to the wedding." After that she ran outside.
 
"Sooyoung!! Comeback here!"
 
"That's enough!" her father shouted. 
 
"Don't tell me what to do! I will bring her back and there will be a wedding this Sunday." She went upstairs and left them. Their father apologized to the Cho's but they couldn't see Kyuhyun anywhere.
 
Outside
 
"Start my car and put my things at the back." Sooyoung ordered the driver. Good thing her brother packed her things before the Chos arrive. She was about to enter the driver's seat when she heard someone calling her. She saw Kyuhyun running towards her.
 
"Sooyoung-ah, thank God your still here," he said while panting.
 
"What do you want?" she asked coldly. 
 
"Why did you do that? Um... I mean... do you still remember me?" he asked that made her forehead knot. "I guess not." *Is that sadness in his eyes?* No! She knew that he didn't want that marriage more than she did. But why is there longing in his eyes?
 
"No. Bye." She closed the door and drove as fast as she could. She will find her happiness and she will never let anyone take it.