Marry Me?

Bye, Ex-Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bye, Ex-Boyfriend! 5

It has been three weeks since they started dating. However Jaejoong was not satisfied. Not at all. He was annoyed instead. It has been a week since Yunho went to Osaka, he said there was family gathering there. Yunho’s mother was half Korean and half Japanese. And Jaejoong hated that he haven’t seen his now boyfriend in a week. On top of that, the thing that annoyed him the most was… how come Yunho hasn’t asked him for a date yet? It has been three weeks and not even a date, yet?

 

Hey, Jung Yunho, thinking about it, when I say that I don’t want to lose a best friend, especially someone like you as my best friend, I wasn’t kidding. Really, we have been good friends since diapers and now, thinking about my life without you as my best friend seems so… off.

 

Hey Kim Jaejoong, neither do I want to lose such best friend. Do you regret dating me?

 

No, of course. But… what if we end up breaking up? I don’t think I can bear it.

 

Hell no, like I would ever let you go.

 

But, what if we get into a fight, Yun? Who would be my listener?

 

If we fight, then…

 

Jaejoong decided to call his best friend; he wanted to tell him what’s bothering his mind. He wanted to complain about his new boyfriend! And it wasn’t even long till his call was answered.

 

“Jung!” Jaejoong screamed over the phone, shocking his best friend on the other line.

 

“Why, Kim?”

 

“You know what, I think… I should just dump my boyfriend.” Jaejoong smirked, “We have been dating for three weeks but he hadn’t asked me for a date, not even once! Now he’s even in Osaka for a week already and I haven’t seen him!”

 

“Hey, Kim, don’t! Well, um, you know he told you there was family gathering right? You can’t just blame him for that. And, didn’t you two just date before he flew to Osaka?”

 

“Hell no, it’s not a date!” Jaejoong whined, “It was me going out with my best friend Jung Yunho! It can’t be called a date, though! And valentine is just around the corner yet he hasn’t asked me!”

 

Jaejoong recalled that before Yunho went to Osaka, they did go together, just the two of them after school. However, at that time, Yunho just led him to ice cream parlor like usual. To anyone it might seem like a date, but to Jaejoong it wasn’t. It was like he was hanging out with his best friend Jung Yunho like usual and he’s not satisfied.

 

Jaejoong could hear Yunho sighing and he smirked. Yunho can’t ever win against this spoiled best friend, now boyfriend of his, “Okay, Kim. I’ll help you pass this message to him. But don’t mess up, okay? Don’t dump him.”

 

“Hmmm… I guess I’ll have to see then.”

 

And Jaejoong hung up the phone. They had agreed that they will stay best friends though they are now a couple. And it brings both Yunho and Jaejoong so much joy, having the best boyfriend and best friend at the same time.

 

Jaejoong smirked when his phone started ringing again.

 

“Hello?” He tried to sound as unconcerned as he could.

 

“Hey, do my boo jaejoongie miss me?”

 

“Not really.” Jaejoong said though in his heart, he was saying, yes of course! Do you even need to ask? What can I do when this longing comes flooding in?

 

“So is my Jaejoongie free on valentine?”

 

Jaejoong wanted to smile so much hearing Yunho’s cuteness, but he wanted to act, “We’ll have to see though. Why, anyway?”

 

“Aw reserve your valentine schedule for me, okay? Let’s go on a date, Joongie. I’m flying to Seoul tonight and I want to spend my valentine with my smiley and cute Joongie.”

 

“I’ll see you, then.”

 

And Jaejoong hung up. He knew that if he didn’t, he won’t be able to continue his act anymore. His Yunho is just too irresistible.

 

 

“Nooo!” Jaejoong shouted in his own room as he was still so busy choosing his clothes for the date. Now his room was all messy with pants and tops all over his bed and floor.

 

I can’t look ugly!

 

He tried on some other clothes, and looked at his own reflection in the mirror. Wait! If I wear this, he will think that I dressed up for this date and will end up teasing me! No!!!

 

After another hour, Jaejoong decided he would go with a simple white; almost see through tee and skinny black jeans.

 

He let out another sigh, as expected, simple is the best…

 

It should be around 10 more minutes before Yunho reach his place. So Jaejoong decided to just lie down on his bed. His mind was filled with thoughts. A lot and various of thoughts. He and Yunho had come a long way, so it is.

 

“Yah Jung.”

 

“What?”

 

“Do you know why we’re best friends?”

 

“Because... no one understands you better than me and no one understands me better than you?”

 

“Teet tooot!” Jaejoong grinned, “Because we’re fated, Jung.”

 

Jaejoong smiled as he recalled the memories he shared with Yunho, his best friend and now, also his boyfriend. Those memories was in the past, but he had no worry about it, because he knows, he can make much more memories with Yunho now.

 

I spent my youth learning one thing. To possess is the beginning of losing it. But in the end, I don’t think I can accept it still, I can’t accept that having youth is actually the beginning of losing it, having a relationship is the beginning of losing that relationship, and wealth, and health. But when it comes to love and possession of love… to imagine losing you is harder to accept. I never wanted to lose you so I kept my feelings to myself.

But now thinking back, I don’t think it is right. Because imagining the world without you is too hard to do, don’t back off, don’t lose hope. Instead, bring the best of yourself, make him love you to the point that he can’t breathe without you.

 

Jaejoong smiled. Yes, that’s my mission, to make Jung Yunho loves me too much to the point that he would die without me by his side. That way, he won’t think of leaving me.

 

And his eyes wondered to the picture on his desk, it was his picture with Yunho in the airport, when Jaejoong was going to Munich for vacation with his family and Yunho came to the airport to send him off. He still remembered that calling Yunho to tell him he had arrived safely in Munich was the first thing came to mind when he reached the terminal.

 

“I feel like I’m a luggage at the airport baggage claim.” He let out another sigh, “I think I’m waiting for someone to claim me, with love. But I can’t seem to find anyone who loves me properly, sincerely.”

‘It took me my whole will to stop myself from saying I do.’ As much as Yunho wanted to say this, he kept it in his heart, listening to Jaejoong without saying anything.

 

“What am I going to do if that person doesn’t come?” He said.

 I hope that person won’t come.

 

“I wonder if there is someone who will take me away.”

I don’t want anyone to take you away.

 

 

“Hey, Joongie baby,” Yunho said to his lover who has been leaning to his shoulder all the time they were strolling. Jaejoong was now staring at the beautiful couple rings on the display of Tiffany and Co.. His eyes glow like he was staring at the most beautiful thing in the world. And Yunho knew, Jaejoong wanted those rings.

 

“It’s the one and only couple rings, only one pair is made in Seoul. No wonder they’re so pretty, right?” Jaejoong said, then turning to Yunho with a big smile.

 

And beautiful price, of course. Yunho just replied his lover with a smile. He wanted to buy Jaejoong those rings, but he doesn’t have that much money in his savings. But his boo wanted those rings so much…

 

Seeing Yunho’s determined face, Jaejoong slapped his chest lightly, “Yah! What’s with that face, Yunnie? I was just saying, okay? I didn’t ask you to buy them, so stop looking like that!”

 

Jaejoong just smiled at Yunho, assuring him that it was okay. He could understand. They were both so young, too young for those fancy rings. Even though he wanted it so much, Jaejoong couldn’t say that.

 

He pushed Yunho’s back, leaving the store. However, seeing his boojae’s face upon seeing the ring, how could Jung Yunho ignore it?

 

 

“Oh I can’t stop eating this, Yunnie. What do I do?” Jaejoong whined as he kept scooping another spoonful of vanilla ice cream. Instead of buying cone ice cream, Jaejoong decided to just buy the Cadbury 2 liter vanilla ice cream pint from the supermarket. It cost just as much as one ice cream cone so Jaejoong decided to be a bit more petty.

 

Seeing Jaejoong eating his ice cream in joy, Yunho couldn’t be any happier. So this is the simple happiness people always talk about.

 

But still, his mind was still over those couple rings. His boojae said it, he wanted it, and how could Yunho sit and do nothing about it? But he had no money. What could he do? He has his own savings of course, but he was just a high schooler, how much money can a high schooler have? Okay, perhaps he should just take some part time job then.

 

“Joongie, I’ll go to the toilet, okay? Wait for me here.”

 

“Eung?” Jaejoong’s lips were smeared by the ice cream, “Don’t go for too long, okay?”

 

 

The two were strolling around the shopping street after Jaejoong finished his ice cream. They held hands, and they were so much aware that a lot of people were staring, perhaps because it was uncommon to see a boy-boy couple in Korea. Some looked irritated, yet some looked supportive. Whatever, none of them care about those audience. They don’t live for people so they shouldn’t care about what people say. There is only one that matters.

 

“I love you.” Jaejoong says, “And you love me.”

 

They smiled at each other, before noticing there was an event held nearby. A lot of crowds were gathering and it made Yunho and Jaejoong curious. What was that?

 

“Ladies and gentlemen! We’re holding a contest and it is to celebrate today’s Valentine ’s Day with the theme of true love! We need five couples to make your very own chocolate and if you win, you will be awarded with couple rings!” The spokesperson said loudly using his mic.

 

Jaejoong’s face grew into a smile, he was about to pull Yunho there, but…

 

“That is exactly why I wanted a breakup. You’re childish, too much of an attention seeker, Kim Jaejoong. That’s why we’re not fit for each other. I dislike that side of you. It’s too childish for me to handle! You know what? Aside from that beautiful face of yours, I’m too embarrassed to bring you out to claim you as mine, because everything you do that you think is romantic is actually disgusting and embarrassing.”

 

Remembering his ex’s words, Jaejoong’s smile faded. No, he couldn’t bring Yunho into this. He failed with Siwon and now that he’s with Yunho, he didn’t want to lose Yunho. Thinking about it, the possessiveness to Yunho is much stronger than to Siwon. I don’t think I can imagine a world without him.

 

Jaejoong turned away from the crowd, pulling Yunho’s hand away from the crowd, but he was surprised when he felt Yunho’s hand was pulling him into the crowd, and not long after, Yunho shouted, “Let me join!”

 

“But Yun…” Jaejoong almost couldn’t believe what he had heard.

 

Yunho smiled wide at Jaejoong before pulling him onto the stage, “come on, Jaejoongie. We should win those couple rings!”

 

Not noticed by Yunho whose attention was on the MC, Jaejoong’s face brightened and a smile appeared on his beautiful face. You’re different. That is why I love you more, Jung Yunho.

 

As they got onto the stage, their eyes widened when they saw the other couple.

 

“Kim Junsu! Park Yoochun!”

 

“Jung Yunho! Kim Jaejoong!”

 

And the four youths in love laughed at themselves.

 

 

“Wow!” The MC looked at the five couples who were now onstage but it was clear that he was shifting his attention more to Yunjae and Yoosu couple.

 

“Look we have boy-boy couples here!” The MC said, “Okay, let’s see your opinion, pretty boy, do you think you will win this contest?”

 

The MC was placing the microphone ear to Jaejoong, waiting for his response, but Jaejoong was a bit hesitant. He was afraid Yunho wouldn’t like their relationship publicized.

 

Seeing this, Yunho took over the mic and said proudly, “O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter