First Kiss

Bye, Ex-Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bye, Ex-Boyfriend! 4

“Because you’re not just anyone!” Yunho interrupted, making Jaejoong flinch by the sudden raise of voice, “I did it because it’s you! You’re more than just a best friend, Jae!”

 

Yunho couldn’t contain his heart any longer. He couldn’t lose Jaejoong, not now, not ever.

 

“I did it because to me you’re more than a best friend, more than a neighbor, more than a family!” Yunho said, “Actually, all this time, I – “

 

Before Yunho could say anymore, Jaejoong shouted, “Stop!”

 

“I love you!” He couldn’t care about Jaejoong who told him to stop.

 

Jaejoong stared intensely at Yunho’s almond eyes, “I… I told you to stop, didn’t I?”

 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong hopelessly, “Jae, I love you.”

 

Jaejoong looked away and turned his back against Yunho. Before leaving, he managed to mutter, “I… I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry.”

 

“JAEEEEE!!!”

 

Yunho screamed as he woke up from his deep slumber thanks to the nightmare. The moment he realized it was only a dream, he panted heavily and touched his forehead only to notice how much he had been sweating in his sleep. He had never been like this before. He was so scared, so scared that Jaejoong will leave him the moment he knows about Yunho’s feelings for him. He loved Jaejoong too much.

 

Is telling Jaejoong how he feels is a wrong thing to do? He hoped himself to never lose control and ended up blurting his feelings to his friend. He once thought, perhaps it’s alright to tell Jaejoong what he felt. But the fear of losing Jaejoong was just too much to bear. He was scared that the worst scenario will happen.

 

I can’t risk losing him. I love him and being by his side is already happiness for me. I don’t dare to ask for more.

 

 

The next morning, Yunho was too lazy to school but his mother who was rarely home was unfortunately home at that moment, causing Yunho unable to skip school. He knows his mother won’t let him.

 

He was just eating his breakfast when his mother quickly shoved in his lunch box into his backpack in a hurry, even preparing his shoes and socks like she wanted to shoo him away as soon as possible. Yunho’s eyes widened at the action as his mother never acted like this before.

 

“Why are you in such a hurry, mom? I’m not running late.” Yunho was still eating his breakfast leisurely.

 

His mother stared back at him, “Jaejoongie is already here, waiting for you at the door, Yunho. Now would you just shove everything into your mouth and finish and meet him? We don’t want him to wait long, do we?”

 

“Jaejoongie’s outside?”

 

That’s rare. Usually it will be Yunho waiting for Jaejoong but today Jaejoong was especially early. Just what happened?

 

“Mom!!! I haven’t finished!” Yunho protested when his mother took away his breakfast and just shove him a glass of milk.

 

“Now drink and go.”

 

Pouting, he drank the milk quickly and gave his mother a goodbye kiss on her cheek before rushing to meet Jaejoong.

 

 

“Hey, Kim. You… are especially early today…” Yunho tried to be careful with his words, afraid that Jaejoong was still angry about last time with Jessica. He was so positive that Jaejoong was still angry when he saw that fierce eyes of Jaejoong.

 

Yunho started walking ahead of the raging beautiful boy and Jaejoong just tailed behind his best friend, eyes never looking away.

 

“I heard that you and Jessica broke up.”

 

Jaejoong expected Yunho to stop his steps when he brought up this matter, but Yunho didn’t. His steps were light and easy, just like how they have ever been. Jaejoong frowns upon Yunho’s reaction, and he walked, no, a bit run as he caught up with Yunho and held him by his shoulder, making the taller boy look at him.

 

“Is that true?” Jaejoong asked, his tone was clearly seeking for an answer and now Yunho knew that he can’t avoid that from his best friend.

 

However, Yunho wanted to tease Jaejoong first, so he leaned closer till he saw a hint of red on Jaejoong’s face and smiled, “Why do you want to know? Don’t tell me you’re happy now that I’m single?”

 

Jaejoong just realized that Yunho was toying with him and he pushed Yunho lightly to earn some gap to make himself comfortable.

 

“I heard it from Junsu over the phone. He said it was a fuss all over the school and girls have started thinking about getting the now single you.” Jaejoong admitted with his head low, “But I’m your best friend. So I… I wanted to be the first to know, or at least I wanted you to tell me, not from those students.”

 

Yunho’s face softened at that. Jaejoong was kind of right. They were best friends who take the other as the most important person. They were that kind of best friends who never held secrets, or perhaps aside from the secret that they love each other.

 

“Sorry Joongie.” Yunho patted Jaejoong’s head, “Everything happened so fast and I thought you were still angry about Jessica’s arrangement. So I thought it was better that I don’t mention her name for now.”

 

“But I’m your best friend!” Jaejoong protested with a pout which if Yunho didn’t try all his might, he might find himself kissing his own best friend, and Jaejoong continued, “At least I want to be there to console you when you face hard times. You know, you always never let me know anything about your breakup, not only with Jessica, but also with you ex-es!”

 

How can I say that I can’t let you know because you’re the reason of all my break ups, Jaejoongie? How can I say it’s because I love you too much that I can’t see myself with another person?

 

“Um… Actually it’s not important, okay?” Yunho grinned, trying to just end the topic quickly. After saying that, Yunho walked ahead, hoping Jaejoong would just tail him like usual.

 

However Jaejoong didn’t seem to let it just be. He never left his spot and his face turned gloomy, “Am I?”

 

Yunho could barely hear Jaejoong’s small voice, but he ly to find the shorter boy keeping his head low, but he could see there were tears falling. Now Yunho felt like a tyrant who just made a boy cry, as if he stole that boy’s candy.

 

“Hey, Jaejoongie?” Yunho walked back to his Jaejoong and held his face which was soon slapped away by Jaejoong. Yunho’s eyes widened in shock. Jaejoong never acted this way to him, as if he didn’t want Yunho to touch him.

 

“Am I not important, that’s why you didn’t tell me?” Jaejoong looked up to meet Yunho’s eyes. He knew he should be hiding his tears now, but he cared no longer. It’s not like Yunho had never seen him crying.

 

“Jae, it’s not you who’s not important, - “ Before Yunho could finish, Jaejoong just ran away, leaving Yunho sighing the first thing in the morning.

 

 

It has been three days since he last talked to Jaejoong. In fact, he tried to. Whenever Yunho crossed path with Jaejoong at school, he would try to smile, but Jaejoong would end up looking the other way, making Yunho’s heart wince in pain.

 

Junsu, Jaejoong’s team mate in science class noticed the change in Jaejoong. They were good friends too, though not as close as Yunho and Jaejoong. They were in class but Junsu knew Jaejoong’s heart, mind and soul wasn’t there. Jaejoong clearly wasn’t paying attention to the teacher all day.

 

“You’ve been so quiet lately, Jae… Did you fight with Yunho? You moved from the seat in front of him and you didn’t go home with him these days too…” Junsu whispered, carefully observing the change of Jaejoong’s face at the mention of Yunho’s name.

 

And he thought Jaejoong’s face would harden but no, Jaejoong’s face dropped. Clearly Junsu’s guess was right. He could even see Jaejoong breaking into tears.

 

“Kim Jaejoong, is something wrong?” They could hear the teacher asked. It turned out that Jaejoong’s silent sobs was pretty loud for the teacher to notice.

 

Junsu knew Jaejoong couldn’t talk in such condition and he covered up, “He said his stomach was hurting, Sir. Can I take him to the clinic?”

 

 

“So, Jaejoong ssi, where does it hurt?” Ms Yoon from the clinic asked as she saw the messy state of Jaejoong.

 

Junsu smiled sheepishly, “Actually it’s his heart that hurts… So maybe just leave him alone here with me will help him a lot.”

 

Ms Yoon smirked as she shook her head, “Young kids these days are so crazy about love. Alright, be fine soon, Jaejoong ssi.”

 

She went back to her desk which is pretty far for her to eavesdrop the two boys’ conversation.

 

“So, what happened?” Junsu asked. He sat next to Jaejoong and pulled the crying boy into an embrace.

 

“I’m so confused, Junsu… I don’t get myself anymore…” For a good 10 minutes, Junsu just hugged Jaejoong without asking anything. It was until Jaejoong got calmer that he started telling Junsu about his problem.

 

 

As Junsu heard the story from Jaejoong, he could only sigh about this Yunho and Jaejoong relationship. Why did they seem so complicated?

 

“Perhaps, only perhaps, one of you two let go of your ego and confess who knows that the feelings are mutual?”

 

Jaejoong refused to acknowledge his feelings, he ignored it. Not exactly ignoring, but he was afraid of rejection and ended up losing his best friend. He still remembered how Yunho had told Yoona back then that he wasn’t a gay and he won’t fall for Jaejoong. Now thinking back, Yunho’s ex-es are all girls. So he was straight, alright.

 

“I can’t Junsu. I’m so used to my life in which Yunho play a big part of it. He’s my half soul. If I lose him, I doubt if I can live. I can’t imagine my life without him. Even if Kim Jaejoong has to stay as Jung Yunho’s best friend forever, I won’t mind. As long as we’re together.”

 

“And if one day he gets married, do you think you two would still be together?” A familiar voice came into Jaejoong’s ears which he knew wasn’t Junsu. He looked up to see a tall boy of his age who wasn’t wearing uniform.

 

“Changmin?” Jaejoong’s eyes widened in shock to see Changmin in his school, “Why are you here?”

 

“I came to say hi, but who knows when I peeked on your class, I couldn’t find you. So I started looking for you in the canteen, and here.”

 

“But why… here?”

 

“Because judging from your stupidity, I think you will end up in clinic, skipping class for your heartbreak.” Changmin smirked, “Who knew I could be so on point?”

 

“Hey, who is this person?” Junsu looked like a lost kid now.

 

“Just a friend of mine.” Jaejoong pouted, and turning to Changmin, “I’m not broken-hearted!”

 

“Oh yea? So what is this crying about? Is it about your best friend? Actually I wanted to see if my advices worked.”

 

Jaejoong protested, “That’s why I say, I and Yunho are not romantically involved! We’re purely best friends! Best friends for life!”

 

Junsu cupped my face, “You’re stupid, just like this Changmin had said.”

 

“What? Not you too, Junsu…”

 

“Do I have to word it out for you, Jae?” Junsu sighed in annoyance, “You know you’re denying your own feelings! I know you have longed for Yunho, you have loved him since long!”

 

Yes, Junsu. I love my best friend but I can’t even admit it. How pathetic.

 

“Yeah! You two are so dumb in love! I also want you two to end up together!” Changmin said, “Because you two aren’t just anyone. You’re both my classmate back then, the so famous pair.”

 

Back then, the school knows how close Jaejoong and Yunho are. They were said to be a match made in Heaven but back then, there were no feelings involved. They were just little kids playing together after all. Changmin was also one of those who called themselves a Yunjae shipper. Therefore he was kind of curious about how it went between the pair.

 

“Actually your advice worked.” Jaejoong said, “I managed to forget SIwon, but another problem is up.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Um.” Jaejoong said, “I… I think I fell for Yunho.”

 

“You stupid. You had long fallen for him but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter