Cowardice

Bye, Ex-Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, Jung…”

 

Yunho could hear his best friend calling him. Jaejoong was currently lying on his bed while he was busy doing his own homework.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Recently… I had a feeling that there is something that’s always against us.” Jaejoong started, “Sometimes we really want to chase it in hopes of catching it. It is as if after getting it, we can possess soooo many things… But at times we may be chased by it to the point of breathlessness, hoping it would just disappear. It would be best if it never came back to us.”

 

Yunho stopped writing as he heard it. He turned to look at his best friend with brows raised, “Love? You’re still all about that jerk?”

 

Jaejoong pouted, “Stupid. Do you think I’m a fool? After getting cheated, all I think is him? No way.”

 

Jaejoong is too prideful about himself. Of course he is. There are lots of people who want him as if he’s a diamond. So throwing him away is a stupid action that will only be done by an idiot. And hearing that, Yunho smiled. At least his best friend was over about that jerk.

 

“Then what is it?” Yunho asked.

 

“Time.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s time.” Jaejoong repeated, “Somehow I felt regretful for wasting a year with him. I became happy and sad because of him.”

 

Seeing Jaejoong, Yunho got closer to the beautiful male, sitting next to him now and his right hand reached for Jaejoong’s head to lean it on his chest.

 

“It’s okay. Relationship is a trial and error. You know what? That one year is not a waste, Jae. Though you broke up, you got something which is a better understanding of yourself. Doesn’t that sound good?”

 

And he added, “You know what? Sometimes… God breaks your heart in order to protect you from another pain, to protect you from that person.”

 

“Um.” The smaller male used both his arms to circle Yunho’s body and snuggled closer, seeking for a more comfortable position, “But now that we broke up, I’m relieved that I wasn’t so into him. I mean, I didn’t even give him my first kiss.”

 

Yunho’s eyes widened, “Not even your first kiss?”

 

Jaejoong nodded, “Actually I wasn’t really sure about Siwon. Since little, I wanted to give my first kiss only to someone who will be by my side forever. I don’t want to give it to someone who might leave me and break my heart.”

 

“That’s funny to hear that a couple who had been dating for a year haven’t even kissed yet.”

 

“Perhaps my husband will just be my first kiss!” Jaejoong pouted, “Wait no, that’s not right. Husband might become ex-husband right?!”

 

Yunho nodded.

 

“Wait, what relationship doesn’t have an ‘ex’?” Jaejoong released himself from Yunho and looked at his best friend curiously, “Umm… Do friends… Do friends have ex-friend?”

 

Yunho could feel his heart was beating thrice faster, but he opted to just shrug, “Well… Never heard of that though…”

 

Suddenly Changmin’s word came to mind, step 5, this should be the last and the most promising one. Find someone else to love. It will bring you to your true happiness. You gain nothing from revenge and what you need is happiness, not revenge.

 

Jaejoong looked so blank, “Yah Jung.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“How about you marry me instead?”

 

Yunho’s breath was caught. He wanted to say something but he became mute. He could not bring himself to say something because what he heard was too unexpected. Well, he wanted it, but he wasn’t ready to confess anything. He stayed still, not even blinking.

 

Jaejoong’s heart raced at the thought Yunho might just accept him, though it doesn’t mean that he has feelings for him, at least, perhaps they could be together.

 

Seeing the frozen Yunho, Jaejoong added, “I was only joking, Jung! Why did you freeze like a statue?!”

 

I should have known, that he loves joking more than anything else. However, this is the first time I hope... It wasn’t merely a joke. I want you Jaejoongie. If the whole world doesn’t want you, you can always come back to my arms, because I will treasure you more than anything in this world. Yunho said to himself.

 

Jaejoong smiled bitterly, I could see him going blank for some moments. Why? Why, Jung? You don’t love me, right? I know it. Because... Yes he’s straight and he won’t go gay, not for me, at the very least. But why did he just stare blankly into the air? Why can’t he just go along with my saying? Even if he only takes it as a joke, I would be fine with that. He has always liked my jokes and would play along but why can’t he, this time? He can’t even joke that he loves me. What is this? It has only been a one-sided love for me all along. I fall in love for my best friend, the last person who will ever say I love you to me. No, I think, even if the world crumbles, he will still not say it. Because he’s straight and he doesn’t see me more than a best friend. That was exactly why I decided to date Siwon from the very first place.

 

It’s an awkward joke dude… Jaejoong thought.

 

“Sorry for the awkward joke! I was just wondering if there is someone who will take me away.” He added.

 

It all came to Yunho’s disappointment. I don’t want anyone to take you away.

 

Just when they were still silent, Yunho’s phone rang. Coming back to his senses, Yunho got up to get his cell.

 

“Hello?” Yunho said over the phone, “Now?”

 

Hearing that, Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was staring back at him, “Sica yah, but… You know, I don’t think I can’t go now…. – Yes, I’m with Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong faked a pout which made Yunho feel even worse about leaving him.

 

“Sica yah, I’ll make it up to you tomorrow, okay? – What?!” Yunho’s eyes widened, “You’re asking me to bring Jaejoong along?”

 

It was not noticeable by Yunho but Jaejoong smirked, “Yah Jung. Tell her we’re coming.”

 

“What?!” Yunho almost shouted, “Uhm.. okay – Jaejoong said he’s coming.”

 

Seriously, a lot of thought went through Yunho’s mind of why exactly Jaejoong agreed to join them. He’s not planning anything weird, is he?

 

 

“Hello, Jaejoong.” Jessica greeted him with the widest smile Jaejoong had ever seen in his whole life. If she’s trying to look sweet, she succeeded. But to Jaejoong, she failed terribly. To Jaejoong it looked like a mocking smile. A ing annoying smile.

 

“Hello.”

 

Yunho could sigh in relief seeing the two didn’t do anything weird, at least for now. From what he knew, Jaejoong disliked Jessica while Jessica didn’t really like Jaejoong either.

 

“Shall we enter?” Yunho led his girlfriend and best friend into the Italian restaurant and the two just followed well. The waiter guided them to the empty spot, and Yunho took a seat comfortably. Coming to his surprise, both Jessica and Jaejoong immediately dashed to the spot next to Yunho.

 

“Hey, careful!” Yunho said as he saw Jaejoong’s shoulder touched Jessica’s, causing the female to almost trip.

 

Jaejoong hissed as he saw that while Jessica winced in pain.

 

I didn’t even crash onto her that much. Why is she faking so much? Yucks.

 

“Oppa…”

 

Jaejoong felt disgusted by how Jessica called Yunho oppa while they are all just at the same age. Attention seeker, that’s how Jaejoong describes her.

 

“Can I sit next to you?” She asked.

 

“Of course.”

 

Hearing Yunho’s reply, Jaejoong wanted to protest but before he could say anything, Yunho gave him a pleading look. Jaejoong just let out another hiss.

 

Is this what you call as valuing friendship over relationship, Jung?!

 

Sorry, but no matter what happens, she’s still my girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter